Author Topic: Am I the only one who can't wait...  (Read 3132 times)

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
Am I the only one who can't wait...
« on: February 22, 2012, 12:09:40 am »
...for the presidential debates?

I can't wait for Romney/Gingrich/Santorum to actually have to go one-on-one with Obama in a debate. It seems like the Republican party has completely forgotten that whoever they pick will eventually have to compete against him. It will be HILARIOUS watching Obama mop the floor with their asses.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:20:40 am by VirtualStranger »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Am I the only one who can't wait...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:19:40 am »
I'll make the popcorn

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 07:28:30 am »
It seems like the Republican party has completely forgotten that whoever they pick will eventually have to compete against him.
They haven't. They just have this caricature of Obama as this teleprompter-reading, awkward professor who is a policy wonk (in a bad way). That's why they picked Gingrich a few times, forgetting many of his guns are loaded with boomerangs.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 07:56:02 am »
The GOP does not remember how John McCain was asking for townhall style debates with Obama...until he got one.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 11:11:11 am »
...for the presidential debates?

I can't wait for Romney/Gingrich/Santorum to actually have to go one-on-one with Obama in a debate. It seems like the Republican party has completely forgotten that whoever they pick will eventually have to compete against him. It will be HILARIOUS watching Obama mop the floor with their asses.

You forgot Paul
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 11:45:05 am »
The only why Paul will get to debate Obama is if he runs as a third party candidate.  That would be very interesting.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 12:23:02 pm »
I want to see  Vermin Supreme debate them and even with dental fascism, free ponies, and renewable energy from zombies on giant hamster wheels with brain in front of them, be better than the republicans :D. For the record I support the latter two.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 02:31:24 pm »
I support the first two. Zombies are so slow. And they have disease.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 04:45:55 pm »
Seeing Paul debate Obama (or anyone) is always funny. At least Gingritch and Santorum have some association with reality, even if they reject it and substitute their own. Paul is living in pure crazy-land.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 05:02:39 pm »
The only why Paul will get to debate Obama is if he runs as a third party candidate.  That would be very interesting.

And that's not going to happen, remember we can't let people know there are alternatives to the dog & pony show know as the two major parties. If they let Paul in on the debates, they better let Jill Stein in on too.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 05:04:43 pm »
Seeing Paul debate Obama (or anyone) is always funny. At least Gingritch and Santorum have some association with reality, even if they reject it and substitute their own. Paul is living in pure crazy-land.

Dog Sex and Moon Base have a better grasp on reality than Dr. Veto? Are you effing kidding me?!?!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 05:07:18 pm »

Dog Sex and Moon Base have a better grasp on reality than Dr. Veto? Are you effing kidding me?!?!

It's completely a matter of opinion, but Paul's neoconfederate views and his crazy goldbug tendencies really indicate to me that he's unusually nuts.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 05:09:26 pm »

It's completely a matter of opinion, but Paul's neoconfederate views and his crazy goldbug tendencies really indicate to me that he's unusually nuts.

One of the best Onion articles in recent memory is "Ron Paul Supporter Likes The Way Paul Tells It Like It Has No Chance Of Being".
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 05:11:10 pm »
And that's not going to happen, remember we can't let people know there are alternatives to the dog & pony show know as the two major parties. If they let Paul in on the debates, they better let Jill Stein in on too.

It would be nice, but realistily Paul might have a chance to pull 1-2% of the vote.  Jill Stein does not.  Once in a while we do get a third party canidate, remember Ross Perot?

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 05:29:06 pm »
You have a point, but only because Paul gets more of the attention. I've run into people who lean "Green" and they're pimping for the crazy douchebag. The Paultard koolaid is very strong this time around, and it's sad seeing those who are progressives crying that "He's our hope", but are more than willing fuck over those on the bottom & women, when there IS a left alternative choice.
Paul isn't the answer for those of us on the left, who are sick of being screwed over and thrown under the bus by Democrats after the election is over.