Author Topic: Anonymous threatens Activision  (Read 6853 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Anonymous threatens Activision
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 04:10:19 am »
I've decided to laugh at Anonymous.

Congratulations, Anon.  Not only did you get trolled hard, but you trolled yourselves out of sheer follow-the-herd instinct.  Well done.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 05:08:58 am »
I'm I the only one that can see someone at Activision smiling and saying, "Yup, they fell for it."?

Nope.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 07:15:51 pm »
I'm I the only one that can see someone at Activision smiling and saying, "Yup, they fell for it."?

Nope.

That was my first thought. For as over-hyped (among other issues) COD is, it's just hard not to laugh at anom shooting it's own foot.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 07:45:35 pm »
How in the fuck would you fight "Anonymous" in a video game?

What, are you going around raiding basement dweller lairs?

I'm not sure who to laugh at here.

I know who to laugh at. The news media. For once again, having no clue what Anonymous actually is.

I feel this needs to be emphasized every time stories like this appear.

ANONYMOUS IS NOT A FUCKING GROUP. IT IS A MEME.

Anonymous (used as a mass noun) is an Internet meme that originated in 2003 on the imageboard 4chan, representing the concept of many online and offline community users simultaneously existing as an anarchic, digitized global brain.[2] It is also generally considered to be a blanket term for members of certain Internet subcultures, a way to refer to the actions of people in an environment where their actual identities are not known.[3]
The name Anonymous itself is inspired by the perceived anonymity under which users post images and comments on the Internet. Usage of the term Anonymous in the sense of a shared identity began on imageboards. A tag of Anonymous is assigned to visitors who leave comments without identifying the originator of the posted content. Users of imageboards sometimes jokingly acted as if Anonymous were a real person. As the popularity of imageboards increased, the idea of Anonymous as a collective of unnamed individuals became an internet meme.[11]

Anonymous broadly represents the concept of any and all people as an unnamed collective. As a multiple-use name, individuals who share in the "Anonymous" moniker also adopt a shared online identity, characterized as hedonistic and uninhibited. This is intended as a satirical, conscious adoption of the online disinhibition effect.[12]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:58:36 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 08:04:16 pm »
How in the fuck would you fight "Anonymous" in a video game?

What, are you going around raiding basement dweller lairs?

I could see it now. A bunch of tough military type raiding a suburban house expecting to find hardcore trained terrorist and finding only a guy on a computer. . . all the while ignoring terrorists who look like them.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 10:08:23 pm »
I like how VirtualStranger pretty much ignores the hilarity of Anonymous's response to the matter in favor of his personal pet peeve.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 03:00:21 am »
I like how VirtualStranger pretty much ignores the hilarity of Anonymous's response to the matter in favor of his personal pet peeve.

Well, as hilarious as the response is, he's right. Anonymous isn't an organization. People only claim to be a part of Anonymous because people who aren't in the know fall for it. If you don't know any better, Anonymous comes off as an ultra secretive group of black hats that have an agenda behind their hacking efforts as opposed to what they are: Hackers who use 4Chan and attack sites, companies, etc. because they find it funny.
Who needs a signature?

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 05:40:20 am »
I can see it now:  Locate and neutralize the threat of an anonymous person on the internet, before he sets off a bomb finishes an image macro of a kitten with text ridiculing the government.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 05:49:36 am »
I'll have to bring this up to my dad later. He thinks Anonymous is actually a CIA-run organization that pulls false-flag attacks to convince the public that we have to ban the internet and that Ron Paul is dumb. He came to this conclusion after some anons hacked the website and email of a neo-Nazi Ron Paul fanboy with close ties to his inner circle.

I think you should tell some Anons about your dad and see what they do. So much potential there for lulz to be had.

He tends to be very paranoid that the government could be spying on him. Once, he somehow ended up on a no-fly list and he was coincidentally posting 9/11 truth stuff on Upoc at the time. He immediately started scouring the house for bugs.

Once the network was running slow and my dad said that the government was stalling his internet because he "knew the TROOF."

He has gold stashes around the house, but we aren't allowed to talk about them anywhere because there might be government agencies listening to us.

He won't go to a psychologist, a psychiatrist, or even just a general therapist because they work for Big Pharma and most of them aren't even 9/11 truthers.

Now he has covered up all the webcams on his computers with Post-its or duct tape, just in case the government decides to spy on his bald sweaty forehead.

Yeah, Anonymous could mess with him... but there's always the possibility that he could somehow snap more than he already has and do something dangerous.

Good god this is hilarious
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 01:55:30 pm »

Well, as hilarious as the response is, he's right. Anonymous isn't an organization. People only claim to be a part of Anonymous because people who aren't in the know fall for it. If you don't know any better, Anonymous comes off as an ultra secretive group of black hats that have an agenda behind their hacking efforts as opposed to what they are: Hackers who use 4Chan and attack sites, companies, etc. because they find it funny.

Oh, I know he's right, but that's largely irrelevant to the fact that Anonymous has the most hilarious reaction so far.

I'm practically waiting for Anonymous to counter Anonymous with a statement saying "Dumbasses."

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 02:12:07 pm »
 I have a feeling the ones going after Activision are a rather small group. The rest of Anonymous is probably facepalming at this. Bet these idiot complaining about the trailer can't even triforce.

▲
▲ ▲
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 07:28:14 pm »
It's because they still haven't released Mechwarrior V and Deathtrack II