Author Topic: Man accidentally sets off medical alert pendant, cops shoot him  (Read 30135 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Man accidentally sets off medical alert pendant, cops shoot him
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2012, 04:34:40 pm »
My posts weren't a criticism of what you said, Shane. Just commenting on the overall discussion.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline mice34

• Neonate
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2012, 03:19:15 pm »
The interview with Democracy Now where Kenneth Chamberlain Jr. breaks down crying is completely heartbreaking.

eta: Having now read the thread, I see that interview hasn't been posted.

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/3/29/killed_at_home_white_plains_ny

I can only characterize taking the word of police as breathlessly naive. There's a recording of the shooting. The lawyer and the son have seen it/heard it and sued the police to released it to the public, the police refuse to let the public have it. They freaking call him a n--ger while they're murdering him.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 03:33:45 pm by mice34 »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2012, 05:20:25 pm »
My posts weren't a criticism of what you said, Shane. Just commenting on the overall discussion.
Ah. Fairy nuff.

The interview with Democracy Now where Kenneth Chamberlain Jr. breaks down crying is completely heartbreaking.

I can only characterize taking the word of police as breathlessly naive. There's a recording of the shooting. The lawyer and the son have seen it/heard it and sued the police to released it to the public, the police refuse to let the public have it. They freaking call him a n--ger while they're murdering him.

No one was saying to do that either. If they were, I wouldn't say to investigate fully so we aren't taking anyone's word as gospel without finding the facts.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2012, 06:17:39 pm »
Ah. Fairy nuff.

No one was saying to do that either. If they were, I wouldn't say to investigate fully so we aren't taking anyone's word as gospel without finding the facts.

This. The son and lawyer claim one thing, the cops claim something else. The stories do not mesh.
To pick which side is guilty at this point is lazy and stupid.

"They freaking call him a n--ger while they're murdering him."

I don't know if those are your words, the son's, or some loose worded comment on the issue. But earlier in this "he said they said" issue they called him the N word before gaining entrance to the house. Either the story's changing or people are getting lazy with their descriptions
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 06:21:40 pm by DasFuchs »
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball