Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387460 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3330 on: May 01, 2020, 11:43:23 am »
Yeah that didn't help him.  It took Comney announcing that he had found emails on Carlos Danger's laptop to tip the scales.

Ironbite-and he still didn't win the popular vote.

It also meant that the Access Hollywood tape didn't hurt him. The whole thing became largely a wash, which kept him in a position where Comey's announcement could hurt Clinton enough for Trump to win.

This sort of thing NEVER hurts Republicans, because their voters don't care if their guy is immoral.

Republicans? No. But among independents (or Democrats who flipped)? It could have hurt him, or at least dampened their willingness to show up to vote for him.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3331 on: May 01, 2020, 12:40:49 pm »
You're kinda wrong on that.  Yeah it didn't do anything for his base, but it did make him flounder pretty badly among Independants.  Then Comney put his thumb on the scale and that's all she wrote!

Ironbite-and now we're in this mess.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3332 on: May 01, 2020, 02:35:07 pm »
You're kinda wrong on that.  Yeah it didn't do anything for his base, but it did make him flounder pretty badly among Independants.  Then Comney put his thumb on the scale and that's all she wrote!

Ironbite-and now we're in this mess.

Yes, that's my point. It made him flounder badly, then he rebutted with "look at how bad Bill Clinton is!", and that stabilized him enough for Comey's announcement to tip things in his favour.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3333 on: May 18, 2020, 05:47:11 pm »
So Trump is saying that he's taking hydroxchloroquine. Not because he's sick. But he figures it will magically prevent him from getting the virus. This wasn't recommended or even given the thumbs up from his doctor. He instead said something along the lines of, well if that's what you want to do. I have niki fucking clue why he's pushing this drug so much other than he might have a stake in the a company that produces it or one of his family members or someone in his cabinet. The shitty thing about this is if Trump never gets covid 19 he'll claim victory because of the medication that no doctors are saying is a reliable treatment for the coronavirus.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3334 on: May 18, 2020, 08:24:13 pm »
He needs to sell the stuff so the best thing he can do is advertise it.

Ironbite-cause he's a fucking moron.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3335 on: May 18, 2020, 09:30:18 pm »
Honestly, I hope it kills him.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3336 on: May 18, 2020, 10:52:49 pm »
I have a theory that Trump doesn't want to be president. He never wanted to be president. He expected to lose in 2016 and wants to lose in 2020. But. Trump can never admit he's wrong or that he's losing due to his anti social personality disorder. So in order to lose he has to sabotage his own electorate by lying to get them to take a drug that could kill them.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3337 on: May 18, 2020, 10:55:21 pm »
Trump wants respect from rich people in NYC whom he knows all laugh behind his back at his incompetence. Failing that, he at least wanted to be a successful TV person, which is why he was planning to turn his campaign into Trump TV.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3338 on: May 21, 2020, 02:09:58 am »
I feel like he's just kind of a raging narcissist and it doesn't help that he's getting old and fat now. It makes him insecure so he turns to his attention to the weird shit his fans say to validate his ego and even though he knows shit like Q is fake, he still rt's all those accounts because they lick his boots and it encourages them to continue seeking his attention.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3339 on: May 21, 2020, 09:06:40 am »
So Trump is saying that he's taking hydroxchloroquine. Not because he's sick. But he figures it will magically prevent him from getting the virus. This wasn't recommended or even given the thumbs up from his doctor. He instead said something along the lines of, well if that's what you want to do. I have niki fucking clue why he's pushing this drug so much other than he might have a stake in the a company that produces it or one of his family members or someone in his cabinet. The shitty thing about this is if Trump never gets covid 19 he'll claim victory because of the medication that no doctors are saying is a reliable treatment for the coronavirus.

The doctors are almost definitely giving him a placebo and telling him it's hydroxchloroquine.  Because honestly, considering his age, his physical problems, and the side effects, taking it would almost certainly kill him.  And even ignoring the Hippocratic Oath, does any doctor want to become a target of the sue-happy Trump Corporation because the drug he gave Donald under-the-counter killed him?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3340 on: May 21, 2020, 10:17:28 am »
He's not taking it at all.  But he does have a financial stake in the company that makes it so he's selling it to his base.

Ironbite-cause they're functionally barely alive.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3341 on: May 23, 2020, 01:21:42 am »
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2020/05/07/as-states-reopen-covid-19-is-spreading-into-even-more-trump-counties/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sendto_newslettertest&stream=top

Regions with most Trump supporters also have been hit hardest by the pandemic.

Conspiracy theorists are now screaming that this is a bioweapon designed to make Trump lose the elections. Others think that Trump supporters thinking the disease is a hoax and refusing to do anything to prevent being infected might be a factor.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3342 on: May 23, 2020, 01:28:07 am »
Haven't conspiracy nuts ever heard of Occam's razor?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3343 on: May 23, 2020, 02:37:34 am »
That's the thing though. Once you get into the conspiracy theorist mindset, you cease to believe in the most plausible answers. You have uncovered one massive secret that most common sheeple are too stupid to realize -like that Elvis is still alive or that lizardmen have replaced world leaders- and you start to look for other such clues. Since most people seem to believe that the pandemic is a real disease, clearly there must be something more sinister behind it and then you go down the rabbit hole.

...And then there's the bit where Trump said that the disease is a hoax and his supporters are spending a lot of time and effort saying how Trump didn't mean that and everyone is misinterpreting him and also that he did mean it and the disease isn't real. Because cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug. There was some guy ranting how the disease is a hoax and how he got the virus earlier this year and how it felt like he was going to die so now he doesn't want this thing that definitely doesn't exist and/or has been exaggerated again...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3344 on: May 26, 2020, 08:07:34 pm »
Some of Trump's tweets about ballots by mail got factchecked and now he's crying that his free speech is being infringed on and twitter is "interfering" with the 2020 election.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/tech/twitter-trump-fact-check/index.html?utm_source=twCNNi&utm_content=2020-05-26T22%3A57%3A15&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

I've always voted by mail I have no clue why this is such a big deal the republicans are suddenly triggered by.