Author Topic: North Carolina sues to hate  (Read 5707 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: North Carolina sues to hate
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 10:34:19 am »
This is why ALEC focuses on manipulating all 50 state legislatures. The states have a great deal of power over everyday matters, and the pols who run for and get re-elected to them do so in relative obscurity. Their names are way down on the ballot both in generals and midterms, and so are the backdoor entry to power for corrupt hacks. Most voters have no clue, having rarely seen campaign ads or news about state rep candidates - and judges - and will just vote a straight party line ballot. Plenty opportunity for all the ALEC-purchased newbies and old fucksters to get and stay in. They present ALEC sponsored bills that are usually copy/pasted from what ALEC hands them, and some of them cheekily push the vote buttons at any unoccupied desks of their immediate physical neighbors during sessions in the chambers.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 11:08:52 am »
Ahh let's just continue with some North Carolina fuckery that's kinda related to their fucktard of a governor with this.

SALISBURY — High school students will be allowed to carry mace in the 2016-2017 school year after the Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education agreed to remove prohibitive language and amend its policy.

The board spent some time at its Monday work session in the Wallace Education Forum debating whether pepper spray and other defensive sprays, as well as personal shaving razors, should be allowed on school campuses.

The discussion is a continuation of a debate that occurred at an April meeting.

The policies in question are 5027 and 4333, which detail weapons and other threats to safety.

Board member Travis Allen was in favor of allowing the canisters on school campuses, as long as they remained locked in student vehicles. However, board Chairman Josh Wagner pointed out that students aren’t likely to check their purses or bags to remove the spray every time they go to school – and then they would be found in violation of the policy.

“And you start this whole kind of snowball. So I don’t want to put the students in this weird situation when they didn’t really do anything, they just happened to forget to check their purse every single day,” he said.

Board member Chuck Hughes was in favor of the sprays on campuses, saying that in his mind, they were purely defensive. He also referenced HB2, saying that the sprays might be useful.

“Depending on how the courts rule on the bathroom issues, it may be a pretty valuable tool to have on the female students if they go to the bathroom, not knowing who may come in,” he said.

But members were still concerned that the sprays could be used for purposes other than defense. The board’s lawyer, Ken Soo, said that there have been few cases of a student using Mace against a teacher.

“I imagine every football game there is on Friday night there’s more pepper spray in the stands in pocketbooks and key chains and you know, we never have an issue with it,” Allen said.

- See more at: http://www.salisburypost.com/2016/05/10/board-amends-policies-to-allow-pepper-spray-shaving-razors-on-campuses/#sthash.D0Rq19ZN.dpuf

Yeah that's right.  A school county in North Carolina is letting students bring pepper spray onto campus in case some nasty transgendered person happens to need to go potty.  And for that, I look squarely at the lawyer who pointed out this.

But members were still concerned that the sprays could be used for purposes other than defense. The board’s lawyer, Ken Soo, said that there have been few cases of a student using Mace against a teacher.

Or some bastard assaulting a weaker student with a can of mace just because he isn't as well liked and that's just escalation and boys will be boys and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ironbite-*super novas*

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 06:05:12 am »
Boom

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 09:51:35 pm »
I was glancing at Yahoo and saw this:

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/women-harassed-in-bathroom-for-appearing-205610620.html

Wonder how long it'll be before something like this happens in North Carolina.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 11:50:34 pm »
Prediction: there is going to be at least one murder over someone trans-looking going in the bathroom.

At which point the fearmongering becomes about how trans people are trying to take away our guns.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 01:08:40 am »
I just heard on the radio that eleven (11!?) states have sued Obama because they claim that he has no authority to order the states to allow trans people to use whichever bathroom suits their gender better.

If true is this just more waste of money and time?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 01:26:45 am »
I just heard on the radio that eleven (11!?) states have sued Obama because they claim that he has no authority to order the states to allow trans people to use whichever bathroom suits their gender better.

It's not necessarily baseless. The claim, essentially, would be that the sections of the law the administration is claiming give it the authority to issue the orders in question do not, in fact, grant that authority. And this might stand up: one could argue that if those sections already gave the executive branch the authority to issue the order in question, there would be no need for the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, and yet that bill has been proposed in almost every Congress since 1994 and has never passed.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 02:05:31 am »
Prediction: there is going to be at least one murder over someone trans-looking going in the bathroom.

Aww, you're so cute when you think modern media stories are new issues that haven't already happened. I just want to take your cuteness, put it in a bottle, and rub it into my skin to keep myself youthful and naive.

It's not necessarily baseless. The claim, essentially, would be that the sections of the law the administration is claiming give it the authority to issue the orders in question do not, in fact, grant that authority. And this might stand up: one could argue that if those sections already gave the executive branch the authority to issue the order in question, there would be no need for the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, and yet that bill has been proposed in almost every Congress since 1994 and has never passed.

This isn't an ENDA issue, but Title IX since it's school students.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 03:55:27 am »

This isn't an ENDA issue, but Title IX since it's school students.

Didn't the administration also reference Title VII in its order?

Also, I'm not saying the claims have merit, only that they don't necessarily not have merit.