Author Topic: Good Cop Fired for Not Being Bad Cop  (Read 3448 times)

Offline speshuled67

• Apprentice
Good Cop Fired for Not Being Bad Cop
« on: April 19, 2012, 03:18:05 pm »
http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-officer-may-be-fired-after-stopping-beatdown,0,2795580.story

Jesus Christ, New Jersey! What the fuck?

Tasca's dashboard camera captured her as she attempted to stop two officers from beating an emotionally disturbed young man. Just days after the incident, she was told she was being suspended with pay. A year later, her trial is about to begin as the Bogota PD seeks to fire her.

Tasca's voice began to waiver as she recounted the meeting with her superior officer:

"The next thing I know he asks me to turn over my weapon and be sent for a fitness for duty exam," she said.

Bogota PD, after hearing Tasca's story, believes she is psychologically incompetent to be a police officer, and she is being sent for testing. The Ridgefield Park Police officers seen tackling and punching an emotionally disturbed man waiting for an ambulance are never questioned. never interviewed by an Internal Affairs Investigator, and are still working the streets today.

Bogota Police chose to suspend Tasca, an 11-year veteran with numerous commendations. There are photographs from the hospital documenting the bruises on the 22-year-old's head, back, arms and wrists.

Tasca says the real reason she's being called out on these charges is she crossed the "blue line" by refusing to support another officer even when he used excessive force. The other problem? The Bogota Police Department is very small--fewer than 20 officers. And there, she is a definitive minority.

Tasca spells it out: "I'm the only female--the first female ever--and the first and only gay female also." When asked if she feels targeted because of her sex and her sexual orientation, she doesn't hesitate in here answer: "Yes."

what the hell is going on in the world? every day shit just gets weirder and weirder...
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-Isaac Asimov

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Re: Good Cop Fired for Not Being Bad Cop
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 04:50:37 pm »

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:01:59 pm »
Fire the rest of them.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 10:08:57 pm »
She should be commended for her actions not fighting for her job.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 10:24:04 pm »
There's a shortage of good cops in the world. She should be upheld as a good example of what a cop SHOULD be, not condemned because she wouldn't be a sycophant to her fellow officers.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 10:29:17 pm »
i want them to fire all the other cops and give the one good cop a raise and a cookie.   :)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 11:08:28 pm »
Wow.  What a corrupt bunch of assholes.  Can they get an investigation at the state level?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline speshuled67

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 11:13:12 pm »
Wow.  What a corrupt bunch of assholes.  Can they get an investigation at the state level?

i think chris christie ate the IA department...
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-Isaac Asimov

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 11:25:31 pm »
This is probably an example of a rather nasty little secret of many police organizations. Although officially there is no such policy, there is frequently an unwritten rule among police officers that you should never "tell on" a fellow cop for police brutality, etc. I'm not claiming there's a conspiracy here, just another extension of the "us vs. them" mentality. Sadly, with the officer in question already being a minority in multiple areas, it's not surprising that this concept would be thrown at her at some point.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 11:28:33 pm »
This is probably an example of a rather nasty little secret of many police organizations. Although officially there is no such policy, there is frequently an unwritten rule among police officers that you should never "tell on" a fellow cop for police brutality, etc.

The same unwritten rule organized criminals have, wonder if any of the police enforcing this unwritten rule notice the irony? ::)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 11:45:43 pm »
I commend her. I hope she inspires a new movement. I hope she's the Rosa Parks/Silkwood/Adam Walsh of a new trend/movement/reform. I hope she fights & speaks out bravely. I KNOW she'll be on the news, the papers, etc. speaking of this injustice. Come November, AMERICA WILL BE BLUE! Who cares if corporations influence things? AMERICA, SNAP OUT OF YOUR APATHY & VOTE IN DROVES. Apathy & not voting makes it worse! Vote ALL the weak, stupid, subhuman, inferior, evil Right-Wingers out! Don't believe the lie that votes don't count! Even if you are subject to legislation that makes voting harder, persevere & do what it has to take to be able to vote (saner leaders can repeal those laws later). The best way to fight the system is to use it! I will spread this report on Facebook. I will demand petitions! I wont let this die.

Right now, the folks at Occupy are regrouping & thinking of better ways to do their thing. They're getting help from other organizations....they'll be back stronger than ever!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 12:32:52 am »
This is probably an example of a rather nasty little secret of many police organizations. Although officially there is no such policy, there is frequently an unwritten rule among police officers that you should never "tell on" a fellow cop for police brutality, etc.

The same unwritten rule organized criminals have, wonder if any of the police enforcing this unwritten rule notice the irony? ::)

A police omerta? The irony is pretty good.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 02:35:42 am »
I think the reason they're using to get rid of her is a cover honestly. Being gay and female garners a lot of negative behavior. I think that's the reason they're getting rid of her, this incident she's being accused of is just the excuse to do it.
Hell, I've seen this multiple times and even been a victim of it myself in just about every place I've worked
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball