Author Topic: Romney’s Advice To The Uninsured: Go To The ER  (Read 5429 times)

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
Re: Romney’s Advice To The Uninsured: Go To The ER
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2012, 03:00:49 pm »
There's an American sense of individualism and being rewarded for your efforts that translates well into things like business but is terrible for things like community. "I fought for everything I had" translates to "if you don't have what I have, you must be lazier than I am." Which extends to things like healthcare.

Better expressed ad "Fuck you, I got mine"

Offline Sour Grapes

• Bishop
  • Brutally honest.
    • Ask Sour Grapes
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2012, 10:36:44 pm »
Otherwise known as the culture of assumption.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 12:21:36 am »
It's because of this culture of assumption, I have hard time believing the whole Libertartain mantra of the poor relying solely on charities to care for the poor. I know of local food banks that are overwhelmed by the current economic downturn and can't keep up with the demand. Plus I've seen too many people who have this overall attitude of "I got mine, fuck you" in my lifetime, to have much hope for humanity as a whole. I really think people have gotten more greedy within the last 30 years.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 02:47:46 am »
Its not that greed's gotten more popular, per se, its just become profitable.  Attack these motherfuckers in the pocketbooks, and we'll get their attention.  Kick em in the nuts with proper regulation, and drag the mouth-breathing reprobates kicking and screaming into the modern world.

Ya know, I'm gonna turn it around on em: if you don't like the civilized world- (points to the sun) -there's the fucking door.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 12:41:52 pm »
Ya know, I'm gonna turn it around on em: if you don't like the civilized world- (points to the sun) -there's the fucking door.

That's more or less my opinion,and I really believe we should let the randroids and other asshats have their own little country. You want to do things your way, fine, good luck, but don't get pissy when you fall flat on your faces.

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2012, 01:16:24 pm »
I'm surprised we haven't either come to think of it.  Though revolts take organization and gumption...  Who wants to do that when there's quality entertainment like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo on?  (Bread and circuses).

It's also hard to revolt when you're under-educated, working 2-3 jobs to keep your family going, are tired all the time, and are likely clinically depressed. When you're already up to your eyeballs in necessary responsibility it's rather hard to just take on more...you simply don't have the resources.

Not excusing anyone for letting things get this bad, mind. Just saying.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2012, 09:14:42 pm »
I'm surprised we haven't either come to think of it.  Though revolts take organization and gumption...  Who wants to do that when there's quality entertainment like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo on?  (Bread and circuses).

It's also hard to revolt when you're under-educated, working 2-3 jobs to keep your family going, are tired all the time, and are likely clinically depressed. When you're already up to your eyeballs in necessary responsibility it's rather hard to just take on more...you simply don't have the resources.

Not excusing anyone for letting things get this bad, mind. Just saying.

You do make a good point.  Guess it's a mixture of both.