Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 639984 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #2580 on: February 14, 2014, 05:36:48 pm »
I watched the trailer and it caused me to gain erectile dysfunction, loss of appetite, diseased fedora, and death-itis.

Here.  Eat this giant bag of Cheetos and drink this gallon jug of Mountain Dew and call me in the morning.
Will you also tuck me in so i can tell Reddit about it?

Sure.

On another note, I have some headcanon to share.

Headcanon: When Discord was reformed, Celestia said something about "I could use his magic." In "Three's A Crowd," Discord tested Twilight to see how far she'd be willing to go to help Discord. I think that there's possibly something big coming. Something so evil and so massive that it will require the combined efforts of the mane 6 and Discord. Something Celestia and Luna can't fight.

Celestia does need Discord's help/magic. She also needs Twilight (and possibly her friends) to be comfortable with working with Discord. In fact, Celestia was the one who asked Discord to go to Ponyville to disrupt Twilight's plans; as part of the agreement, Discord was able to come up with the details of the disruption himself.

Eh, I dunno if that's ever going to happen, but I kinda want something like that to happen. I think it could be quite epic.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2581 on: February 14, 2014, 05:58:47 pm »
I could totally see that.  In sort of a "Hello, calvary's here... even if YOU'RE the ponies..."
"Discord?!"
"Oh relax, girls... for once, we're on the same side.  This is going to be some DELICIOUS chaos!"
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2582 on: February 15, 2014, 02:12:33 am »
Totally random confession. I don't like the Twilight/Flash pairing, but not because "he's stealing my waifu" or because they're not right for each other. I don't like it because their color schemes clash.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2583 on: February 15, 2014, 02:16:02 am »

Hasbro fucked up with the roster and I'm laughing so hard.

(Yes, just because I couldn't get into the show itself doesn't mean I cannot appreciate some little things about it)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2584 on: February 15, 2014, 08:51:04 am »
I'm such an idiot, it took me like an hour to figure out what was wrong with that :P

• The Beast
« Reply #2585 on: February 15, 2014, 11:07:42 am »
So a random idea popped into my head.  What if - for whatever reason - Twilight AND the rest of the mane 6 have to travel through the portal in Equestria Girls 2.  What if the evil or whatever that might be the justification for the plot is so great that something happens to the other universe's mane 6?

Edit:  Of course, I doubt that would happen.  Thinking on it, it sounds like a cool idea at first, but...falls apart.  We all saw just how much Twilight struggled with adjusting to being human.  It would be a bit weird for them to just be like "Let's take Twilight's problem and make it so her friends have to go through it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:28:19 am by Captain Jack Harkness »

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #2586 on: February 15, 2014, 11:49:55 am »
Totally random confession. I don't like the Twilight/Flash pairing, but not because "he's stealing my waifu" or because they're not right for each other. I don't like it because their color schemes clash.
I had the same reaction.  My friend called me racist.

(it's admittedly a petty complaint, and one I could probably overlook if their relationship had been stronger, but seeing as it wasn't... purple and orange just don't go together.  x_x)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #2587 on: February 15, 2014, 01:01:50 pm »

(it's admittedly a petty complaint, and one I could probably overlook if their relationship had been stronger, but seeing as it wasn't... purple and orange just don't go together.  x_x)

Truly the orange people are the most oppressed minority of our time :P

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2588 on: February 15, 2014, 01:05:17 pm »

Truly the orange people are the most oppressed minority of our time :P
Which makes it all the sweeter when they manage to become successful.

• The Beast
« Reply #2589 on: February 15, 2014, 01:08:50 pm »
Eh, Flash is a bit more on the yellowish side.  Applejack's a lot closer to being an "orange" person/pony than he is.

Also...racism.  Your friend was trying to make a joke, right?  Right?  Please, tell me your friend wasn't serious.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2590 on: February 15, 2014, 01:58:40 pm »
I don't like flash because he looks like he has a spray tan.

Also he throws kittens into active volcanoes.
I once read a fanfic making fun of Flash's hatedom where he did just that.

• The Beast
« Reply #2591 on: February 15, 2014, 02:28:37 pm »
I don't like flash because he looks like he has a spray tan.

Also he throws kittens into active volcanoes.
I once read a fanfic making fun of Flash's hatedom where he did just that.

Lol.  That reminds me of something, actually.  There was apparently an episode of My Little Pony Tales back in the day called "Ponies in Paradise."  It was an episode that touched on racism/xenophobia.  In it, the smartypants character Bright Eyes is convinced by her friends that the ponies that live on an island she's visiting are psychotic savages.  One of the imagine spots involves her imagining the islander ponies throwing her into a volcano.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #2592 on: February 15, 2014, 02:42:10 pm »
Some thoughts on tonights episode:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2593 on: February 16, 2014, 11:45:54 pm »
It's a weird thing to notice, but I keep wondering when they're going to add Twilight's wings to the first part of the intro (where she and Spike hop out of the balloon in from of the train).
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2594 on: February 17, 2014, 08:51:37 am »
Probably not until season 5 or 6.  Look how long it took them to include LUNA (without a throne of Her own, at that) in the intro!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."