Author Topic: Did ABC kill an Epstein story in 2015?  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
Did ABC kill an Epstein story in 2015?
« on: November 05, 2019, 08:10:24 pm »
Because that's what Amy Robach claimed in some leaked footage:

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/05/776482189/abc-news-defends-its-epstein-coverage-after-leaked-video-of-anchor

If this is true, then yet again, I find myself disgusted at how many people were carrying water for that monster. Of course, considering Project Veritas is involved, I'm taking this with a pretty big grain of salt.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Did ABC kill an Epstein story in 2015?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 11:09:47 pm »
Wasn't there also confirmation that the NYT sat on the Weinstein stories until recently?

For that matter, look at how many Trump stories the Enquirer bought to keep them from hitting the press during the 2016 election (which is basically an in-kind campaign contribution).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 05:46:11 pm »
Wasn't there also confirmation that the NYT sat on the Weinstein stories until recently?

For that matter, look at how many Trump stories the Enquirer bought to keep them from hitting the press during the 2016 election (which is basically an in-kind campaign contribution).

Honestly, sometimes I think people are right to call the press the "enemy of the people", just not necessarily for the reasons they may believe.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 11:44:57 pm »

That's legal? That really doesn't jive well with the concept of a free press.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 01:37:34 am »

The Enquirer bought exclusive publication rights to the stories, then didn't run them. So it was a matter of the women in question being contractually barred from seeking any other venue in which to publish the stories, whatever the Enquirer did with them.

As for the NYT, I think there it was more a matter of Weinstein's companies placing ads in the Times. Once they'd started pulling in enough revenue from online subscriptions, they were able to take the financial hit of not having the Weinstein ads as a result of running the stories about his behaviour.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 08:52:22 am »

As long as 90% of the media is controlled by five or six companies, the concept of a free press is a sad joke.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 05:07:06 am »

As long as 90% of the media is controlled by five or six companies, the concept of a free press is a sad joke.

100% agreed.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 09:52:04 pm »
Two prison guards have been charged as part of an investigation into Epstein's death:

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/19/prison-guards-charged-jeffrey-epsteins-death-071568

Honestly, the more details that come out about this story, the more I start to believe conspiracy theorists may actually be on to something for once.