Author Topic: Yeah, its from a Tumblr post but...  (Read 3189 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Yeah, its from a Tumblr post but...
« on: March 09, 2012, 08:09:11 pm »
For fucks sake he was a Sikh.  Please disregard what it says in the link and just take a look and prepare for some rage. 

http://esmeweatherwax.tumblr.com/post/19011965009/unlubricated-anal-sex-silentlydrawn 

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Yeah, its from a Tumblr post but...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:46:02 pm »
Sum it up for me because I can't read that.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:55:35 pm »

Sikh family got a note saying that someone had been watching them, concluded they were working with the Taliban, and asking them to leave the country ASAP for be shot.

Frankly, I'd be more likely to chalk this up to dickhole teenagers than any other group. Paranoid and bigoted but ultimately relatively reasonable adults would have just called the authorities, a real nutbar would have have just attacked their house, but asshole teenagers would totally print up an internet toughguy letter like that.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:19:19 pm »
Frankly what this tells me is Islamophobia is so prevelant that anyone who's brown gets targeted

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 09:37:54 pm »

Sikh family got a note saying that someone had been watching them, concluded they were working with the Taliban, and asking them to leave the country ASAP for be shot.

Frankly, I'd be more likely to chalk this up to dickhole teenagers than any other group. Paranoid and bigoted but ultimately relatively reasonable adults would have just called the authorities, a real nutbar would have have just attacked their house, but asshole teenagers would totally print up an internet toughguy letter like that.

Problem is that there are plenty of adults out there who never grew out of their teenage mentality. As such, I would not be shocked if it was an adult or adults who sent this message.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 09:45:38 pm »
When I saw the end of the url I had to wonder what the hell this was, then I realized it was the poster's name.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 11:08:42 am »
Frankly what this tells me is Islamophobia is so prevelant that anyone who's brown gets targeted

I dunno, like the poster above said, it sounds more like an asshole prank from teenagers than Islamophobia.
Kinda like how some people nazi salute Jews or harass them with holocost phrases, to get a rise out of'em.
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 11:17:48 am »

I dunno, like the poster above said, it sounds more like an asshole prank from teenagers than Islamophobia.
Kinda like how some people nazi salute Jews or harass them with holocost phrases, to get a rise out of'em.
well if they were white would they have had this type of prank

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 12:13:38 pm »
Oh, it's both Islamaphobic and pretty racist (all brown people are obviously the same, right?) but it just comes off as such in a "Teenagers are such assholes" rather than a "There's seriously a group of neighbors pricing out Templar gear on eBay right now, you may want to run for your life" way.

Which isn't to say that it isn't criminal, terrible, or potentially dangerous, just that it is less dangerous.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 02:33:14 pm »

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 03:43:15 pm »
Print black on white. Some of us have eyes with a lot of mileage on them.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 03:53:44 pm »
Any idea how to open up that part of the page so I can read the whole thing?
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 07:41:57 pm »
The letter reads:

Mr.,

Our people in the neighborhood have been closely watching your activities and figured out you are a close associate of a secret Taliban movement on the US soil.

We ask you to leave this country as soon as possible otherwise one of our people is going to shoot you dead. Don't attempt to relocate somewhere else in America as people are closely monitoring your day to day activities.

http://www.loudountimes.com/index.php/news/article/sterling_family_receives_death_threats123/
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.