Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 860083 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3750 on: November 15, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »
congrats random  :)

also, today, i did a thing. all tracks recorded by my friend, and all but "jetpack blues" were recorded today. i'll touch them up with lyrics asap.

https://soundcloud.com/guizonde
When you said "Jetpack Blues" I was expecting a very different song. Still, it's pretty good!
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Even Then

« Reply #3751 on: November 15, 2015, 08:32:15 pm »
Sounds more like punk to me... the earlier version, at least.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #3752 on: November 16, 2015, 10:28:19 am »
thanks. also, i started guitar playing punk rock, and i've been screaming in a mike for nearly ten years. my voice forgot how to sing normally without breaking up.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3753 on: November 16, 2015, 09:58:28 pm »
Finally came out to my best friend today. He took it really well, said he'd still be my friend no matter what I ultimately decided to do with it. Apparently, one of the teenagers he'd supervised as a camp counselor had told him the same at some point in the past and it wasn't a big deal to him as a result.

I did ask if he had any questions and said I'd do my best to answer them, but he didn't. We stayed on the phone for a while chatting about various things, kind of so I could keep an eye on how he was responding. So far, so good I guess. We're thinking about getting together in person over New Year's when I'm back home.

Even Then

« Reply #3754 on: November 17, 2015, 07:35:58 am »
My computer finally came back from the shop! About time, too. Efficient German postal service my ass.

Now I could work on schoolwork... or I could shitpost in the GG thread. Decisions, decisions...

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #3755 on: November 17, 2015, 08:44:01 am »
My computer finally came back from the shop! About time, too. Efficient German postal service my ass.

Now I could work on schoolwork... or I could shitpost in the GG thread. Decisions, decisions...

post your schoolwork in the gg thread.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #3756 on: November 17, 2015, 03:31:13 pm »
And since the guarantee was still valid, I DON'T HAVE TO PAY SHIT FOR THE REPAIRS!

*does an Irish jig on the goddamn rooftop*

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #3757 on: November 19, 2015, 06:20:50 pm »
happened yesterday, but whatevs. i went to see the shrink with my mom. she wanted to understand what was misfiring in my brain, and the shrink thought it'd be a good idea. everything went better than expected, since due to my frequent blackouts i couldn't tell the shrink some things that i'd plain forgotten, my mom filled in the blanks. it made her rethink my diagnosis as less severe.

for convenience's sake, i can be called a psychotic. but i'm not that, it's what gets closest to what i am, what with the paranoia and the hallucinations (her biggest tip-off), but the fact that i can differentiate between what's real and what's not means i'm not a textbook delusional psycho. inside me is a battle of repressed aggression tempered with an overdevelopped sense of altruism and overempathy. with no way to let the aggression out, sometimes i black out, my hallucinations acting up is my warning sign.

the shrink plainly said so my mom and i could understand: "you've got psychotic tendencies, you've got antisocial tendencies, schizoid tendencies, an overempathy disorder, chronic depression, and you're frankly borderline. possibly on the autism spectrum. but you're not one over the other. i can't give you a label beyond some kind of idiopathic personnality disorder".

on the plus side, my meds have gone down. the shrink told me to start doing a more active physical activity beyond hiking and bushcraft to blow off steam, hinting at martial arts, and to get a better living rythm. meaning it's back to fixed meals and sleeping a regulation nine hours everyday.

oh, and things might clear up, or they might not. i'm probably stuck seeing things until my dying day, but the depression might lift one day, so might the paranoia. what's probable is that it won't get way worse, maybe even stabilize or disappear in a best case scenario. overall, a very positive session full of good news and hope. goodness knows i need some of that.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #3758 on: November 19, 2015, 07:06:15 pm »
Sounds like things are looking up, guizonde!  *hugs*

2 awesome things:

1. I found a 0000 knitting-needle set today, so I can now ruin my eyesight making absurdly tiny things.  It looks like my 13cm doll is going to get a new pair of teeny-tiny socks.

2. It's a dress-down day.  Any day in which I get to administer final exams in a corset, leggings, and a Sailor Moon skirt is a GOOD DAY.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:07:59 pm by TheL »
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #3759 on: November 19, 2015, 07:19:44 pm »
2. It's a dress-down day.  Any day in which I get to administer final exams in a corset, leggings, and a Sailor Moon skirt is a GOOD DAY.

for whom? you or others?  ;D

... is that a distraction over there?!

*flees*

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3760 on: November 19, 2015, 07:24:15 pm »
Yeah was about to say.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3761 on: November 23, 2015, 10:58:28 pm »
My girlfriend got invited to one of my family's Thanksgiving dinners, even after I told my cousin (who was making the offer) that she was trans.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3762 on: November 28, 2015, 03:31:27 am »
Found a cover with an inbuilt reading light for my e-reader for only $2. This is going to make reading at night so much easier.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3763 on: November 28, 2015, 04:00:17 am »
I downloaded a Chrome extension that puts a real, ridiculous Donald Trump quote with every mention of Donald Trump's name. Ah, it's the little things.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3764 on: December 01, 2015, 08:51:40 pm »
My managers sent me a $100 Amazon gift card as thanks for the work I did on a recent project.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades