Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 857702 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3150 on: April 27, 2014, 06:17:58 pm »
A fundie rage-blocked me on deviantART while getting the "last word" in:

Sorry, but my job is to speak out the Truth, and I'm not holding it back for anyone, not even you.

And if you don't like that, don't bother commenting.

That was amusing.  I wonder if I should share the link.

Ah well, I may as well:

http://comments.deviantart.com/1/447290639/3443309268
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3151 on: April 28, 2014, 05:10:43 am »
A fundie rage-blocked me on deviantART while getting the "last word" in:

Sorry, but my job is to speak out the Truth, and I'm not holding it back for anyone, not even you.

And if you don't like that, don't bother commenting.

That was amusing.  I wonder if I should share the link.

Ah well, I may as well:

http://comments.deviantart.com/1/447290639/3443309268

That WAS incredibly entertaining to watch :3
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3152 on: April 28, 2014, 09:55:38 pm »
I did this

I ended up with a score of 98,576.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3153 on: April 28, 2014, 10:30:35 pm »
Daaaaaaaaamn. (I haven't got past 4096 yet)
Σא

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3154 on: April 28, 2014, 11:52:26 pm »
I'm having a hilarious fight with a crazy dude on whisper.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3155 on: April 29, 2014, 10:34:58 am »
Our wi-fi got fixed. Apparently they let the exterior cord sit on open ground too far away from the wall when installing it and it got chopped up by our lawnmower.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3156 on: April 29, 2014, 05:22:37 pm »
I'm done with final exams and have completed my bachelor's degree in computer science.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3157 on: April 29, 2014, 05:34:01 pm »
Woo!!! Go Sleepy!!!
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3158 on: May 01, 2014, 04:05:50 am »
I'm done with final exams and have completed my bachelor's degree in computer science.

Congrats!

I should have this geology degree wrapped up by the beginning of August, and I've got a good chance of being hired by a couple of different museums too.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3159 on: May 01, 2014, 11:33:54 am »

MASSIVE CONGRATS, Sleepy!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3160 on: May 01, 2014, 11:35:32 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8</a>

Sorry, I just had to.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3161 on: May 02, 2014, 08:06:35 am »
I got some badass new boots
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #3162 on: May 02, 2014, 10:19:29 am »
The extras agency all the Game of Thrones extras get their gigs through, Extras NI, has suddenly decided they don't want to bother doing our PAYE stuff anymore so all our extras work will now be classed as self-employed, so we now have do our own tax returns for it.

At first I was annoyed as it seemed like this would make life more complicated, especially with me being on Job Seekers allowance...until I discovered that because my pay from Extras NI will almost certainly be below the self-employed National Insurance band, and my combined income will be under the untaxable income band (as I'm unemployed), I'll actually be slightly better off as I'll now be paying no National Insurance on my pay from Extras NI (national insurance from self-employment is completely separate from the rest of your earnings, but tax is combined earnings).  It also turns out that because I'll be under those bands I won't actually have to register as self-employed and do my own tax returns - apparently HMRC likes people to do it anyway but it's not actually a legal requirment unless you're earning enough to owe tax and insurance.

So I don't actually really need to do anything until I get a job and my total income goes above the untaxable personal allowance, or if I get extremely lucky as an extra and start earning more than twice as much from it as I did last year, and not only that but I'll now be keeping ALL of my pay from being an extra due to no longer owing National Insurance. Also, quite a lot of the extras who were previously paying tax on their extras pay might even end up paying less tax on it because now that it's self-employed there are a whole bunch of expenses they can claim to reduce their "profit", including gym memberships and using their home phone and internet connections to get their extras work.

So my annoyance has turned into being quite pleased, which is a nice and rather rare feeling.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 10:28:26 am by Katsuro »

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3163 on: May 02, 2014, 05:17:22 pm »
I revived my ASVAB scores today and from what I've looked up I am apparently able to enter all branches of the military. I still haven't decided which one (I'm a bit conflicted between The Air Force and The Navy.)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3164 on: May 02, 2014, 05:51:11 pm »
Although my family is alllll Navy, that means I'm qualified to advise you to go Airforce :P. It's just that if you do get assigned to a ship, shipboard life is very, very strenuous and a nasty combination of tedium, stress and just total lack of personal space. Shore leave is fun but short.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.