Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1652091 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #2640 on: July 11, 2013, 06:14:59 pm »

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:03:54 pm by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #2641 on: July 11, 2013, 08:20:03 pm »

Not sure if it goes here, it's not exactly political, I guess, but it has a good point.

The story of my life, right there folks.

I think I have had this exact conversation with my dad.
Well, I'm not saying that social anxiety isn't a thing, but I have to say, as someone who is naturally hypersocial, it can be really hard to understand. It took me a long time to get that people who acted that way didn't do it because they wanted to. I do now, but I still don't understand it. I guess it's one of those things where you always feel that the one on the other side of the fence is weird.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2642 on: July 11, 2013, 08:38:15 pm »
My dad thinks I should just be able to call people on the phone because they can't see me. Which is part of my anxiety too but not all of it. It took me two days to get up the courage to call a therapist and when I did I broke down and my throat got tight as the phone was picked up on the other end. Which just made it worse cause the person couldn't hear me. So yeah.

Dad says he's an introvert and how he doesn't react the way I do. He teaches for a living. So there's a disconnect.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2643 on: July 11, 2013, 11:02:24 pm »

Not sure if it goes here, it's not exactly political, I guess, but it has a good point.

Well, I'm not saying that social anxiety isn't a thing, but I have to say, as someone who is naturally hypersocial, it can be really hard to understand. It took me a long time to get that people who acted that way didn't do it because they wanted to. I do now, but I still don't understand it. I guess it's one of those things where you always feel that the one on the other side of the fence is weird.
Basically. I'm cool with going out... usually once a week, provided its with some close friends, or people who are on their way to becoming such. I do not like large crowds, especially if they're rambunctious (such as sports fans), and especially if I don't know most of them. Hell, I don't really like going out with friends and finding out they invited people I've never met before. It's indescribably uncomfortable, and I recede into myself pretty much as soon as I'm excluded from conversation. Certainly not the type of personality that does well in Hollywood/LA, which is a big part of why I've been wanting to leave for so long.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2644 on: July 12, 2013, 12:30:47 am »

Reminds me of this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnV2BnrdcPc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnV2BnrdcPc</a>
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2645 on: July 12, 2013, 02:17:35 am »

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2646 on: July 12, 2013, 06:15:20 am »
Well, the Koch brothers pretty much own PBS now.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Distind

« Reply #2647 on: July 12, 2013, 06:45:26 am »

There is a point to what's said though, the only way you're going to become any more comfortable in social situtations is experience and exposure. The longer you go without any the deeper the anxieties will engrain themselves. I say this as someone who was quite literally beaten on a regular basis as a kid and still has a dislike of crowds, I have plenty of reasons to be asocial, but after actually bothering to deal with people I don't have the urge to run and hide anymore.

Doesn't mean I want to head out and dive into the bar scene, but it does mean if I'm invited out somewhere I'm perfectly comfortable going. Hell, I may even invite other folks out. Just don't dive in the deepend and scare yourself out of the pool.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2648 on: July 12, 2013, 09:22:43 am »

There is a point to what's said though, the only way you're going to become any more comfortable in social situtations is experience and exposure. The longer you go without any the deeper the anxieties will engrain themselves. I say this as someone who was quite literally beaten on a regular basis as a kid and still has a dislike of crowds, I have plenty of reasons to be asocial, but after actually bothering to deal with people I don't have the urge to run and hide anymore.

Doesn't mean I want to head out and dive into the bar scene, but it does mean if I'm invited out somewhere I'm perfectly comfortable going. Hell, I may even invite other folks out. Just don't dive in the deepend and scare yourself out of the pool.

Aye, with things like that, it really is best to take it a lil slow.  If ya fuck up there, it could stand a chance of pretty much scaring you away from all human contact.  Been there, done that, got the scars.  Didn't even get the shitty coffee mug, either.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #2649 on: July 12, 2013, 01:31:20 pm »

This is one of the really hard parts about neuroses.  They're very hard to understand from the outside.  Same with things like clinical depression or PTSD.  If you don't have it, it's very difficult to put yourself in the other person's shoes.  And for those who do have it, they get a lot of advice from people who have no idea what they're talking about.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2650 on: July 12, 2013, 02:05:23 pm »
This is one of the really hard parts about neuroses.  They're very hard to understand from the outside.  Same with things like clinical depression or PTSD.  If you don't have it, it's very difficult to put yourself in the other person's shoes.  And for those who do have it, they get a lot of advice from people who have no idea what they're talking about.

I have a guess as to what it might be like. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I imagine it's sort of like the anxiety many people have with asking someone out on a date. Only, someone with social anxiety has that with any sort of social contact, and there isn't the motivation of their attraction to the person. At which point, I can start to understand those sorts of problems.

The irony is that I'm currently interested in a girl who has some social issues. I'm not sure exactly what they are.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #2651 on: July 12, 2013, 07:22:04 pm »
As far as explaining what social anxiety is like goes, I saw a really good column on Cracked today that explains it pretty well, I think.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2652 on: July 12, 2013, 08:52:44 pm »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #2653 on: July 12, 2013, 11:14:03 pm »
That said, I agree that the spying thing is spooky. However, I read from an article on Blue State Journal (a progressive news source) that, like police searches, that these spy things require using warrants.

The problem is they only have to get a warrant from the FISC, which is a secret court that basically functions as a rubber stamp on approving whatever the hell the administration wants to do. In 2012 it heard 1,856 proposals. How many did it approve? Every single one.

Since it was created in 1978, it has rejected only 11 surveillance requests out of 33,900.

For some reason, I'm not reassured the FISC is looking out for our privacy.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2654 on: July 13, 2013, 06:39:40 pm »

&