Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1653011 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5100 on: July 19, 2015, 02:15:33 am »
I don't think the answer is yet known, and I think those who claim it is are wrong.

Edit: Let me put it this way. There are questions that have a clear answer. 1+1 is 2. Universal health insurance is a necessity. Urban highways are bad. Feminism is good. If you don't accept the right answer you're a hack, and deserve derision.

This is not one of those questions.

You just took several complicated issues and claimed that some of them have obvious solutions (and insulted everyone who disagrees) AND you are claiming that the one difficult issue where you haven't made up your mind is unique in being so complicated.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #5101 on: July 19, 2015, 02:43:30 am »
I don't think there's any real debate about those issues.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #5102 on: July 19, 2015, 03:30:33 am »
You don't.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5103 on: July 19, 2015, 04:37:50 am »
You don't.

I kinda want to know where Fred lives if he hasn't seen any debate or disagreements about universal healthcare. Actually, I want to know how he claims that there is no debate on feminism. Because this very forum has had several threads on which feminism has been debated.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #5104 on: July 19, 2015, 04:41:21 am »
You don't.

I kinda want to know where Fred lives if he hasn't seen any debate or disagreements about universal healthcare. Actually, I want to know how he claims that there is no debate on feminism. Because this very forum has had several threads on which feminism has been debated.

Obviously there is corruption and hackery everywhere. But there's no serious, legitimate dispute about these things.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5105 on: July 19, 2015, 05:00:34 am »
You don't.

Obviously there is corruption and hackery everywhere. But there's no serious, legitimate dispute about these things.
And now you are shifting goalposts. The fact that some of those arguments have opponents that are hacks does not mean that the debate does not exist. AND there are proper debates on those as well. For example, there are SWERFs and TWERFs who consider themselves feminists despite excluding some women. Do they represent feminism (is saying that they aren't "proper" feminists a no true scotsman fallacy?) There are feminists who are clearly misandrists even though other say that feminism is/should be for men as well. Even feminists disagree on feminism so clearly there is debate on this matter.

EDIT: Actually, is that even shifting goalposts? How can he claim that the debate does not exist at all by doing an ad hominem attack against those who disagree with him?

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #5106 on: July 19, 2015, 07:18:20 am »
You don't.

And now you are shifting goalposts. The fact that some of those arguments have opponents that are hacks does not mean that the debate does not exist. AND there are proper debates on those as well. For example, there are SWERFs and TWERFs who consider themselves feminists despite excluding some women. Do they represent feminism (is saying that they aren't "proper" feminists a no true scotsman fallacy?) There are feminists who are clearly misandrists even though other say that feminism is/should be for men as well. Even feminists disagree on feminism so clearly there is debate on this matter.

EDIT: Actually, is that even shifting goalposts? How can he claim that the debate does not exist at all by doing an ad hominem attack against those who disagree with him?

If you don't think women face specific problems that need to be overcome that men do not face you're a hack. I don't think this is controversial. If you think people's houses should be knocked down to encourage people to drive you're a hack. If you think people should be killed through a lack of health insurance you're a hack. I don't think those views are legitimate. There are many such views.

-FDR

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5107 on: July 19, 2015, 07:30:08 am »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5108 on: July 19, 2015, 10:04:09 am »
Didn't know Merle Dixon went on to become a football referee.  Hm.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5109 on: July 19, 2015, 12:03:25 pm »
Yeah he was one of the Replacements...wait, that was baseball, right?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5110 on: July 19, 2015, 12:04:50 pm »
I 'unno.  All sports uniforms look the same to me.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5111 on: July 19, 2015, 05:22:23 pm »
Ok of all the memes to come out, debate ref is the best.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5112 on: July 20, 2015, 04:28:24 pm »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5113 on: July 20, 2015, 08:55:29 pm »
XD fuck yeah!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5114 on: July 20, 2015, 09:11:14 pm »
Saving people from fires doesn't solve the structural issues that cause fires and might discourage people from starting true reform of the system that is needed to truly stop fires.
Σא