Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1599840 times)

QueenofHearts

Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #570 on: March 25, 2012, 10:54:53 pm »
He watches Alex Jones. I don't know how often though.

I kind of wonder what would happen if I wrote a sci-fi/fantasy book with this "mythos" in place.

You should do it, they say the best art comes from a dark place and I think it would make a good film.  :)

Then again, I'm sure my dad could make just as bizarre a sci-fi-flick.  :(

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #571 on: March 25, 2012, 11:00:30 pm »
He watches Alex Jones. I don't know how often though.

I kind of wonder what would happen if I wrote a sci-fi/fantasy book with this "mythos" in place.

You should do it, they say the best art comes from a dark place and I think it would make a good film.  :)

Then again, I'm sure my dad could make just as bizarre a sci-fi-flick.  :(

I've actually played around with the idea of genetically enhanced Chaotic Stupid cat mercenaries that have to contend with a bunch of other evil organizations of my own devising. I want to throw in PETA and my dad's conspiracy theories for the lulz. And then I'll twist it around and say it's actually about art. Yeah, it's stupid. Whatcha gonna do about it? ::)
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #572 on: March 25, 2012, 11:24:57 pm »
My dad buys Mexican Coca-Cola because apparently it uses cane sugar and not aspartame (which according to him causes cancer).

I think all soda tastes like piss, by the way.

I've heard worse. I heard someone say aspartame is part of a government conspiracy to kill all the black people for population control. And somehow Michael Jackson's death was worked into it. I think it was something about him being killed so he didn't tell everyone about the conspiracy :o. Why would he know? I guess someone told him thinking he was one of us whiteys or something. The person who said this was an otherwise "normal" and sane person.

According to my dad, aspartame is just another plot by Big Pharma (which is run by the Bilderberg eugenicists) to give people cancer. Michael Jackson was killed by Big Pharma assassins to distract people from "what's really going on", but has little to do with aspartame.

Does he realize how insane that sounds? Why the fuck would a pharmaceutical company have or hire assassins? Why would you give peoplle cancer, aren't there enough natural disease that you could make money off of by finding a treatment?

Also, does he realize just how stupid and silly the term "Big Pharma" sounds? ;D
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #573 on: March 26, 2012, 12:15:16 am »
I prefer my Michael Jackson theory: namely, that he was assassinated by Iran to distract the world from the protests.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #574 on: March 26, 2012, 02:35:57 am »

Sorry, but that hardly qualifies as a 'Best' cartoon. I may agree with its message, but I can't find it actually funny.

(That's actually what's wrong with this (and the other) entire thread. 'Best' and 'Worst' are supposed to be about quality, instead they're divided along political stance)
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #575 on: March 26, 2012, 02:41:36 am »
Why the fuck would a pharmaceutical company have or hire assassins?

I don't know, but if Dr. McNinja is anything to go by, it's probably possible.

I HAZ THE DOCK-YOO-MINTS
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #576 on: March 26, 2012, 12:25:41 pm »

Sorry, but that hardly qualifies as a 'Best' cartoon. I may agree with its message, but I can't find it actually funny.

(That's actually what's wrong with this (and the other) entire thread. 'Best' and 'Worst' are supposed to be about quality, instead they're divided along political stance)

"Best" can also apply to the message, when did the message of the cartoon stop applying, if you come across a right wing cartoon with a good message please post it.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #577 on: March 26, 2012, 01:36:44 pm »

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #578 on: March 26, 2012, 02:02:45 pm »

"Best" can also apply to the message, when did the message of the cartoon stop applying, if you come across a right wing cartoon with a good message please post it.
Is anyone else jealous of him getting launched in a rocket?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #579 on: March 26, 2012, 03:12:43 pm »
Just to make Yla happy

I sure would love to see if the cartoonist(Micheal Ramirez) feels the same way towards conservative superpacs, after all he is a conservative...

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #580 on: March 26, 2012, 04:05:20 pm »
I sure would love to see if the cartoonist(Micheal Ramirez) feels the same way towards conservative superpacs, after all he is a conservative...

Watch out, you might be falling into the "Bill Cinton had an affair, why don't liberals go him like they do (Insert Most Recent Case Here)?" trap. The cartoon appears to be criticizing Obama for simultaneously railing against Super PACS while using one or similar fundraising methods himself (whether or not that's accurate? I don't know). The cartoon itself isn't trying to express any sort of view on SuperPACS.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #581 on: March 26, 2012, 04:17:12 pm »

Watch out, you might be falling into the "Bill Cinton had an affair, why don't liberals go him like they do (Insert Most Recent Case Here)?" trap. The cartoon appears to be criticizing Obama for simultaneously railing against Super PACS while using one or similar fundraising methods himself (whether or not that's accurate? I don't know). The cartoon itself isn't trying to express any sort of view on SuperPACS.
Sadly Obama did say he hates superpacs while having one

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #582 on: March 26, 2012, 04:43:36 pm »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #583 on: March 26, 2012, 04:52:07 pm »
Dammit, how well I know that feeling, jebus.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #584 on: March 26, 2012, 05:21:07 pm »
I'll probably become well acquainted with that feeling once I leave college.