Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549014 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1200 on: September 07, 2013, 10:16:55 am »

Uhh...

Because none of them hurt other people? Also, because they mostly try and get psychological treatment?

To be fair, there are some people who dislike their own pedophilic attractions, refuse to act on them, and try to get therapy.  This asshole isn't one of them, though.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1201 on: September 07, 2013, 10:20:40 am »
I really do have sympathy for people who realize that they are pedophiles and actively try to seek help for it. They know it's wrong and they're not acting on it, and therefore I don't find them disgusting. The folks who act on it are another story.

I wonder what percentage of the population are in fact pedophiles. I wouldn't be surprised if it's larger than people realize.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1202 on: September 07, 2013, 10:31:29 am »
To me, a pedophile is someone that actually acts on their attractions, trying to justify it or not really caring either way.  A person who knows they're sick and seeks help doesn't really factor in my "Disgusting" label.    The one in that particular web snippit however, does.

Quote from: Meshakhad
I wonder what percentage of the population are in fact pedophiles. I wouldn't be surprised if it's larger than people realize.

It probably is.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:23:38 am by SpaceProg »

wrightway

« Reply #1203 on: September 07, 2013, 10:33:35 am »
I really do have sympathy for people who realize that they are pedophiles and actively try to seek help for it. They know it's wrong and they're not acting on it, and therefore I don't find them disgusting. The folks who act on it are another story.

This is pretty much my take on it. If you're actively seeking help for it and leaving children alone you're fine. If you're justifying it you need to GTFO the planet.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #1204 on: September 07, 2013, 10:53:13 am »

Uhh...
Whoever typed that is confounding harm (rape) with dysfunction. Pedos are worse than disgusting, they are dangerous as they actively seek to harm others.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1205 on: September 07, 2013, 02:19:43 pm »

Uhh...

Oh look another ball of white hot rage.

Ironbite-good thing I respawn.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1206 on: September 07, 2013, 03:12:13 pm »
On the subject of pedophiles: Child molesters -- as in, people who act on their fantasies and harm real children -- are utter scum and deserve no sympathy, but demonizing people for merely having the impulses without having actually acting on them really only serves to discourage them from getting help.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1207 on: September 07, 2013, 03:15:49 pm »
Why don't we just use the word "predator" to refer to the ones that act on their desires?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #1208 on: September 07, 2013, 03:18:22 pm »
Yeah. I actually do try to use "child molester" when talking about the criminals, and never "paedophile". Oh, and I want to applaud everyone on here. When this discussion was had on The Escapist, they made a rule that there was to be no talk of paedophiles, ever, ever, ever, because many had the same mindset we have here. It happened because of a fairly popular user who was the never-act-on-it kind of paedophile not hiding that fact (like, he liked lolis in fiction, but made it quite clear he would never do anything in person). I got deleted, not banned, over that one. If anyone here is a member, is LegendaryGamer0 still there?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1209 on: September 07, 2013, 07:49:48 pm »

Uhh...

Because none of them hurt other people? Also, because they mostly try and get psychological treatment?

To be fair, there are some people who dislike their own pedophilic attractions, refuse to act on them, and try to get therapy.  This asshole isn't one of them, though.

There's that. But the blanket thing is my problem with the entry.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1210 on: September 08, 2013, 06:41:32 pm »
Just in case you weren't 50000% done with Tumblr there is an adult privilege tag:

Adult privilege is the fact that I can go to the bathroom whenever I want/need to, and no one will try to stop me.

Think about that. Many young people in school are prevented from taking care of natural human bodily functions when they need to. The fact that some students will use it to get out of class doesn’t justify attempting to prevent someone from using the toilet when they need to. That’s inhumane.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #1211 on: September 08, 2013, 07:12:44 pm »
Just in case you weren't 50000% done with Tumblr there is an adult privilege tag:

Adult privilege is the fact that I can go to the bathroom whenever I want/need to, and no one will try to stop me.

Think about that. Many young people in school are prevented from taking care of natural human bodily functions when they need to. The fact that some students will use it to get out of class doesn’t justify attempting to prevent someone from using the toilet when they need to. That’s inhumane.
That has got to be a joke...

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1212 on: September 08, 2013, 07:27:25 pm »
Kids don't deserve all the privileges adults have because, GASP, they're kids. They don't have the necessary skills for a lot of the things adults are able to do.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1213 on: September 08, 2013, 07:35:56 pm »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!  Can you use that privilege to justify pedophilia and child sexual assault?

Ironbite-pretty please?!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1214 on: September 08, 2013, 11:10:51 pm »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!  Can you use that privilege to justify pedophilia and child sexual assault?

Ironbite-pretty please?!

Alas, I'm sure someone's already tried that line of reasoning.  You're probably guilty of appropriating their ideas, now.  I'd give you penance to be paid, but honestly, I can't be arsed.  Too tired.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.