Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551092 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1275 on: September 11, 2013, 07:09:39 pm »
I can see that, logically, if someone was a survivor of cancer/chemo. But still.
Or if they just have a phobia, or lost it MJ style.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1276 on: September 11, 2013, 10:31:23 pm »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1277 on: September 11, 2013, 10:35:44 pm »
Wot?

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #1278 on: September 11, 2013, 10:35:58 pm »

Oh welp, I'm a rapist. Guess I should just admit it to myself and get on with my life..
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:41:11 pm by LeTipex »

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #1279 on: September 11, 2013, 10:47:03 pm »
...wow. That's just... wow. On a side note, words cannot describe how much I hate those emoticon face things.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1280 on: September 11, 2013, 10:56:31 pm »

*minding my own business* (◡‿◡✿)
What did you say? (ʘ‿ʘ✿)
Somebody hold mah flower. (ʘ‿ʘ)ノ✿

I'm gonna go kick some ass.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1281 on: September 11, 2013, 11:40:19 pm »
Looking at that Scummy-World chick's blog, I'm fairly certain she's a troll. She's way too over the top.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

wrightway

« Reply #1282 on: September 11, 2013, 11:53:18 pm »
"I’m only attracted to caucasians–it’s not racist; just my personal preference.
Junior Nuclear Engineering Major

Tagged: Racism White Privilege Privilege Denial Shit Rich College Kids Say Dating tw racism racism tw Junior Nuclear Engineering Major Junior Nuclear Engineering Major Nuclear Engineering Engineering For those of you who aren't getting this This is the same as saying people of color aren't attractive jesus christ

No, darling, it's not the same.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1283 on: September 11, 2013, 11:58:28 pm »
The thing is when a few people of color say they don't date white people out of preference, white people say the exact same thing. Just saying. It's a hypocritical response to be pissed a person of color for that response and not do the same for the many white people who do the same.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 12:01:32 am by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1284 on: September 12, 2013, 12:05:32 am »

Assuming this isn't a troll... how, exactly, can you be both trans-racial and otherkin? Are you a fantasy creature trapped in the body of an Asian/black/etc. person trapped in the body of a white person?

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1285 on: September 12, 2013, 12:07:01 am »
"I’m only attracted to caucasians–it’s not racist; just my personal preference.
Junior Nuclear Engineering Major

Tagged: Racism White Privilege Privilege Denial Shit Rich College Kids Say Dating tw racism racism tw Junior Nuclear Engineering Major Junior Nuclear Engineering Major Nuclear Engineering Engineering For those of you who aren't getting this This is the same as saying people of color aren't attractive jesus christ

No, darling, it's not the same.

Think about it like this: Person A says that he only wants to have sex and/or relationship with white people or Estonian people or red heads or people who don't smoke or whatever.

Even if one or more of those limits are considered "racist" what are you going to do about it? Say that he does not have a right to discriminate and order that of a non-white/non-Estonian/etc. person wants to have sex with person A then person A does not have the right to deny that? Because racism?

I'm sure that some of the people who say that they would have a preference on who they would go out with ARE racist, but unless you are willing to take away their control over their own body there is nothing you can do. (And that certainly sounds like something some of the "niceguys" have been suggesting.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1286 on: September 12, 2013, 12:15:19 am »

Are you fucking serious? So, wanting your child to not have to deal with the struggles of being born with a serious medical condition makes you a bad person now?

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1287 on: September 12, 2013, 12:16:45 am »
The question is why do your personal parameter exist? For example lets look at grindr. Guys who say they block all Asians because Asian men are submissive (a racial stereotype), feminine (a racial stereotype), twinkish (a racial stereotype). It's obvious that that person believes  in a racial type-casting of Asian men. It's not the same as saying dating a non-smoker because you want to avoid secondhand smoke.

Now the interesting thing is that this is also the same side of the coin as racial fetishes, like dating Asians specifically because of those racial stereotype.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #1288 on: September 12, 2013, 12:22:18 am »
The way I see it, when it comes to a romantic or sexual partner, that's the one area where you are allowed to be discriminatory, for various compatibility reasons. You might call that way of thinking problematic or whatever, but I think it'd be hard to make a relationship work where one party either doesn't find the other attractive for whatever arbitrary reason or if they have nothing in common interest-wise. Some people have hangups about stupid things, or very specific interests when it comes to sexuality. (also there's the fact that if a person actually is prejudiced against a certain ethnicity/orientation/what-have-you for whatever reason, people who are part of that ethnicity/whatever don't want to be dating said person anyway, I'd think.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1289 on: September 12, 2013, 12:28:48 am »
I agree though. You should have preferences for compatibility reasons, but one should question the basis of those preferences from time to time. The person being quoted in post could have a valid reason for their preference. What irked me was Brain Fritz dismissive response because there really are a lot of people out there (cross racial boundries) who think race X is ugly based entirely on stupid stereotypes and dismiss it as "just a preference". Like I mentioned, grindr is plenty evidence of that.

Moving on: You know what's awesome? Being accused of being ableist for saying homophobes are ignorant. Because I'm apparently belittling other people's cognitive differences by stating their ideas are inferior to others.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 12:32:52 am by gyeonghwa »