Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549069 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1320 on: September 13, 2013, 12:36:52 pm »
At first I was going to ask what was wrong with it, but like Random up there it kinda sunk in on retrospect and... yeah...

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1321 on: September 13, 2013, 12:38:33 pm »
And now that I'm feeling better I can come up with a snarky remark.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6UAYGxiRwU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6UAYGxiRwU</a>
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1322 on: September 13, 2013, 12:42:10 pm »
Great, now I've got that song in my head.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1323 on: September 13, 2013, 02:46:20 pm »
.....WHAT'S SO WRONG ABOUT THAT STATEMENT!  TELL ME BEFORE I KILL THIS RANDOM PIG!

Pig-OINK!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1324 on: September 13, 2013, 02:58:28 pm »
I'll quote someone who summed it better than I did:

1) Straight people do not need safe spaces. You have the entire world.
2) The struggle for lgbtqia+ rights & liberation is not about you or your “contributions". It has very little to do with you, if at all. Stop making it about you. (Really, you have some nerve.) The fact that you need to take something that is not and has never been about you and make it entirely about you and what YOU do for it means that a) you don’t actually give a shit about the people you’re claiming to want to “help,” and b) you’re not actually being an ally to anyone but yourself.
3) "MORE EFFECTIVE" BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT "EMOTIONALLY BIASED" DEAR LORD DO YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING GAME GO STEP ON A SEA OF LEGOS YOU HAVE FAILED SO MISERABLY

And in my own words: GAY PEOPLE SUPPORTING STRAIGHT PEOPLE, REALLY? Please tell me you're taking the piss.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:00:12 pm by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1325 on: September 13, 2013, 03:07:21 pm »
The idea of anyone on this forum having the power of necromancy scares the shit out of me. Nothing good could come from it.
Who better to fight the abuses of our rights than those who died defending them?  If anything, the world needs more necromancers on the side of good.  Just because you raise the dead to fight doesn't mean they're not fighting for a good cause.

I like where this is going...I might have some inspiration, here.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:09:05 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1326 on: September 13, 2013, 03:54:45 pm »
.....WHAT'S SO WRONG ABOUT THAT STATEMENT!  TELL ME BEFORE I KILL THIS RANDOM PIG!

Pig-OINK!

It's a straight "ally" who is trying to make everything about themselves.  Instead of promoting gay rights, they're promoting themselves for supposedly sticking up for gay rights.

It's one of those "What, you want a cookie or something?" deals.  And there are some straight allies out there who actually do deserve some cookies because they actually do shit, not just go "Oh hey, I'm for gay rights, I'm AWESOME, everybody praise me."

It would be like me going around talking about how, because I'm for trans rights, trans people should thank me and be more appreciative of me.  When I haven't done shit for the movement.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1327 on: September 13, 2013, 08:15:05 pm »
As I said in the Confessions thread:

I've honestly have [had] enough of people saying "I support women's rights" and "I support LGBT rights". I mean, it's nice you support such, but I've seen it so much that I think it should be replaced with "I'm not a fucking asshole," and I honestly don't think a lot of people need to say that.

Except there are a lot of assholes who are unwilling to just admit it, just because.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:05:30 pm by Alehksunos »

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1328 on: September 13, 2013, 09:04:51 pm »
I'll quote someone who summed it better than I did:

1) Straight people do not need safe spaces. You have the entire world.
2) The struggle for lgbtqia+ rights & liberation is not about you or your “contributions". It has very little to do with you, if at all. Stop making it about you. (Really, you have some nerve.) The fact that you need to take something that is not and has never been about you and make it entirely about you and what YOU do for it means that a) you don’t actually give a shit about the people you’re claiming to want to “help,” and b) you’re not actually being an ally to anyone but yourself.
3) "MORE EFFECTIVE" BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT "EMOTIONALLY BIASED" DEAR LORD DO YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING GAME GO STEP ON A SEA OF LEGOS YOU HAVE FAILED SO MISERABLY

And in my own words: GAY PEOPLE SUPPORTING STRAIGHT PEOPLE, REALLY? Please tell me you're taking the piss.

The absolutely worst part is that they're excluding LGBTQ people unless they happen to be talking about straight people, which is all kinds of fucked up.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1329 on: September 13, 2013, 10:38:31 pm »
Yep. There's a reason I have a GDI Allies and GDI straight people tag for my blog.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1330 on: September 14, 2013, 01:44:52 am »
The idea of anyone on this forum having the power of necromancy scares the shit out of me. Nothing good could come from it.
Who better to fight the abuses of our rights than those who died defending them?  If anything, the world needs more necromancers on the side of good.  Just because you raise the dead to fight doesn't mean they're not fighting for a good cause.

I like where this is going...I might have some inspiration, here.

I'm just imagining an army of gay and transsexual zombies now.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1331 on: September 14, 2013, 02:04:50 am »
Yep. There's a reason I have a GDI Allies and GDI straight people tag for my blog.

What about NOD? How do they feel about you?

Just kidding, but what does GDI stand for? I tried googling and it comes up with "God Damn It" "Goddamn Independent" "Gay Doctors of Ireland" but I doubt it's one of those.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1332 on: September 14, 2013, 02:05:37 am »
...it means God Damn It. Dunno what the hell NOD is.

&

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #1333 on: September 14, 2013, 02:18:57 am »
As a matter of fact, I am actually impressed with LGTB allies who actually do something. I once saw a perfectly straight guy take a beating to defend a trans guy he didn't personally know. That is admirable, in every sense of the term. I mean, LGTB people fighting for their right is a good thing in and of itself, but actually putting yourself on the line for a group you're not a part of is in many ways a form of heroism.

Then again, you don't get cookies (and you don't really get to call yourself an ally) if you're just a random person who happens not to be against LGTB gaining equal rights, or doesn't personnally perform racists or sexists acts. That's called not being an asshole, and while it is a good thing, it not admirable. There is a reason the term ally is borrowed from military parlance : you get to call yourself one if you fight for another's rights (said fighting can of course take the form of publishing an article, or marching in the street, or helping along the cause in small ways ; you don't need to get beaten up for it, but you should do something.)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1334 on: September 14, 2013, 03:51:10 am »
...it means God Damn It. Dunno what the hell NOD is.

Still can't think of a signature a year later.