Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550364 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1650 on: October 07, 2013, 03:33:02 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1651 on: October 07, 2013, 03:33:39 pm »
^Pretty damn big.  I mean, I've seen some huge shirts and britches in the days when I was working retail.

That's actually one of the things that really gets me about people like her, like the woman a while back who was quoted complaining that thin privilege is not needing a custom bathtub in your vacation home or not being able to fit in showers and baths made for "normal people": they admit that they're so large that they can barely function in society, but their response to suffering from an extremely bad health problem that requires immediate attention to avoid them dying before their time is to complain that society isn't built around their needs due to some kind of bigotry.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1652 on: October 07, 2013, 03:39:45 pm »
[snip - pants picture]

This is exactly what I was talking about. I've got pants ranging from size 0 to 7. Even two pairs of pants of the same brand and size will often fit differently.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1653 on: October 07, 2013, 04:02:09 pm »
Macy's made a corporate decision years ago to never go down that bullshit ego-tease marketing strategy of fake smallness on their size numbers. You sure don't ever have to buy their stuff, but if you are curious what your true, original standard clothing sizes are, try on clothes and hats and gloves there sometime. Won't cost you a nickel to try, and they still have a rep for treating people nicely, unless you go there dressed in raggedy jeans and a t-shirt, so yeah, douchebags, but sorta honest douchebags, at least. Size 0 - zero - did not exist back in the day. If you were really that tiny, that was a matter of getting your store bought clothes altered, which the nicer/pricier department stores used to do while you waited, if just a simple seam intake, or they'd call the next day or two when your selections were ready in the....(drumroll) Alterations Department. Free.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1654 on: October 07, 2013, 04:02:47 pm »
Yeah. It's why I'm generally found buying where sizes make sense (men's section) even tho I'm short so women's sizes would be better but wow I hate trying stuff on for every single pair of pants.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1655 on: October 07, 2013, 04:20:37 pm »
I have no idea what size I'd wear in womens.  How is that even calculated?  Man, that stuff is confusing.  I'd much rather go by inches-around/long when it comes to pants.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1656 on: October 07, 2013, 04:22:26 pm »
Yeah. It's why I'm generally found buying where sizes make sense (men's section) even tho I'm short so women's sizes would be better but wow I hate trying stuff on for every single pair of pants.
Amen to that. I find it so annoying that I only buy the same brand/style number pants and jeans that I know fit me nicely, and have remained standard. Dickies, basically, and they do make women's cut clothes. I actually buy 'em online, it's so reliable.

I have no idea what size I'd wear in womens.  How is that even calculated?  Man, that stuff is confusing.  I'd much rather go by inches-around/long when it comes to pants.

Go to Macy's then. Bring me along. I want to videocam it~! ;D
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #1657 on: October 07, 2013, 04:28:38 pm »
I've never really had problems with the typical high street chains, I find they aren't more than a size out.

Independent shops can have incredibly fucked up sizing though, I remember trying on jeans that were supposedly a size 10, but they were so tiny I couldn't even pull them up my thighs.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1658 on: October 07, 2013, 04:57:20 pm »
There's no regulation so yeah.

&

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1659 on: October 07, 2013, 06:52:30 pm »
Do we need a thread about clothing bitching now? Well, I might as well have a go.

I'm a fairly large guy, not just in a sense of being fat ( I am a bit) but generally tall and wide. I think even if I lost all my weight I might only be able to get down to an XXL shirt. As it is now I wear a 5-6X shirt. This makes getting shirts of any kind impossible anywhere other than certain stores. T-shirts other than plain one color shirts are pretty non existent. I need a jacket for winter but don't know where I'll get one.

Pants on the other hand are easy. 44 inch waist pants are common, unfortunately belts for that size are not. Which I don't understand at all, since pants sizes in most stores go up to at least mid 50s, but belts usually stop at 40 or 42. Although length is occasionally an issue with the bottom of the pant legs going under my foot it's not a problem if I'm wearing my combat boots, which is what I normally wear.

Hats that fit my head are also a bitch to find, and there's not shit I can do about that. It doesn't help that I'm going bald at 19 and consequently have started wearing hats more often. Hell, the white tag in my mesh fedora is already stained yellow and it's a little over a year old.

Gloves can be somewhat hard depending on how much of a selection there is or if it's a one size fits most thing. I wear a XXL glove, which is easy enough to find usually provided the gloves exist in multiple sizes.

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1660 on: October 07, 2013, 07:02:01 pm »
I don't know if it's because the pants stretch or shrink, but I'll have a size 38 that slides down my hips without a belt, and a size 40 that feels like it's choking my waist.

I don't have to worry about finding good looking t-shirts and stuff, though.  Turns out, they plan for guys with beer guts.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1661 on: October 07, 2013, 07:34:48 pm »
I think my pants are a size 36 waist now? I have some 34s that still fit, probably from constant wear stretching them out.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #1662 on: October 07, 2013, 08:20:55 pm »
I'm sort of an awkward in-between size. I big enough (mostly because I'm tall) that most pants in normal stores are too small, but I'm small enough (around) that most pants in big and tall shops are too big.

Now that actually type that, it sounds like bragging. *hides*

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1663 on: October 07, 2013, 09:01:21 pm »
I'm not even fat. I'm just tall.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1664 on: October 08, 2013, 01:15:40 am »

o okay
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)