Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551703 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2070 on: December 19, 2013, 04:22:49 pm »
It's like that time when a bunch of SJW's got pissed at some black dude for cosplaying dark Link.

Wait, was that in this topic? I don't remember that.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2071 on: December 19, 2013, 07:19:01 pm »
Here it is:

http://windybells.tumblr.com/post/45006524175/artigeik-mengoi-yaphi1-horriblecosplay

And now for something completely different:

Social privilege is not being denied the right to retake an oral presentation final in a more comfortable one on one environment. How on earth can I feel comfortable giving my presentation while being glared at by another 30 students.

So I skipped it.

Now the professor has the audacity to say that it was my responsibility to have been there when I had already told him giving presentations like that made me quite uncomfortable. He tells me that I’m not allowed to make it up by giving the presentation to just him and that I should have thought my actions through. Does he not see how shortsighted and victim-blamey this is? I can’t progress in my studies in such a toxic environment.

If he wants his best student to succeed, he needs to give his best student the platform to do that.

#Social Privilege #extrovert oppression #introvert discrimination #extra help #discrimination 

I want to say this is a Poe but I wouldn't put this past Tumblr.

If you have a legitimate form of social anxiety disorder (by legitimate I mean not "self diagnosed") then you need to make arrangements with your school ahead of time.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2072 on: December 19, 2013, 07:24:04 pm »
Well you got what you deserved didnt ya you dumb bitch
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2073 on: December 19, 2013, 07:27:03 pm »
Here it is:

http://windybells.tumblr.com/post/45006524175/artigeik-mengoi-yaphi1-horriblecosplay

And now for something completely different:

Social privilege is not being denied the right to retake an oral presentation final in a more comfortable one on one environment. How on earth can I feel comfortable giving my presentation while being glared at by another 30 students.

So I skipped it.

Now the professor has the audacity to say that it was my responsibility to have been there when I had already told him giving presentations like that made me quite uncomfortable. He tells me that I’m not allowed to make it up by giving the presentation to just him and that I should have thought my actions through. Does he not see how shortsighted and victim-blamey this is? I can’t progress in my studies in such a toxic environment.

If he wants his best student to succeed, he needs to give his best student the platform to do that.

#Social Privilege #extrovert oppression #introvert discrimination #extra help #discrimination 

I want to say this is a Poe but I wouldn't put this past Tumblr.

If you have a legitimate form of social anxiety disorder (by legitimate I mean not "self diagnosed") then you need to make arrangements with your school ahead of time.

Don't forget the complete arrogance at the very end of that post.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2074 on: December 19, 2013, 07:49:43 pm »
...The whole point of giving a presentation is that you give it to multiple people.

The meaning of the assignment would be absolutely pointless if you gave it one-on-one because it's meant to prepare you for doing it in front of multiple people.

It would be like teaching a typing class and letting students handwrite.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2075 on: December 19, 2013, 07:52:33 pm »
And while it would be nice if this was a poe, isn't there someone on the forum who had to deal with someone like this?  She claimed to have such bad anxiety that she demanded everyone but the one guy leave the house, and never gave any indication that she was seeking help and just expected the entire world to stop for her?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2076 on: December 19, 2013, 08:03:22 pm »
And while it would be nice if this was a poe, isn't there someone on the forum who had to deal with someone like this?  She claimed to have such bad anxiety that she demanded everyone but the one guy leave the house, and never gave any indication that she was seeking help and just expected the entire world to stop for her?

Yeah, I remember that. A woman with "such bad social anxiety" that she would supposedly devolve into panic attacks around literally anyone except for one particular person, and demanded that everyone leave her presence immediately.

I pointed out how difficult it would have been for said woman to even get from her house to her friend's house in the first place if she had such terrible social anxiety. Unless she's just tranquilized and loaded on a hand cart.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2077 on: December 19, 2013, 09:55:55 pm »
I can understand if you have social anxiety issues and giving a presentation in a class of a dozen or more people being cause for a major panic episode, but that's something you discuss before the day of the presentation, you don't just spring shit on people.  Just because you have social anxiety problems doesn't mean you get to blatantly ignore the rules of social etiquette without any kind of consequences.  I say this as a person with legitimate social anxiety issues (ie: diagnosed by an actual professional and not pulled out of my arse), there are expectations of people when they reach a certain age in our society, and one of those is giving forewarning to teachers about any legitimate medical/psychological conditions you have that might impact your ability to complete any of their assignments.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2078 on: December 19, 2013, 11:17:45 pm »
I can understand if you have social anxiety issues and giving a presentation in a class of a dozen or more people being cause for a major panic episode, but that's something you discuss before the day of the presentation, you don't just spring shit on people.  Just because you have social anxiety problems doesn't mean you get to blatantly ignore the rules of social etiquette without any kind of consequences.  I say this as a person with legitimate social anxiety issues (ie: diagnosed by an actual professional and not pulled out of my arse), there are expectations of people when they reach a certain age in our society, and one of those is giving forewarning to teachers about any legitimate medical/psychological conditions you have that might impact your ability to complete any of their assignments.

And this is assuming they even have a legitimate anxiety disorder, considering all they described it as was 'quite uncomfortable' and that their reason is one given by everybody who's ever been nervous or uncomfortable giving a presentation, and that's a pretty common fear, or so I've heard.  It sounds more like she follows the thought of "I'm uncomfortable, therefore I'm triggered and have a disorder."  One of those who feels they have the right to not be inconvenienced by the world in any way, and that they never have to improve themselves or their flaws or their problems.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2079 on: December 20, 2013, 12:14:57 am »
Oh my god, this bitch. THIS BITCH. Buckle your seatbelts ladies, gentlemen, and otherwise: it's story time.

Like many people, I get nervous when asked to get up in front of people and talk. It makes me uncomfortable. Unlike many people, I have various diagnosed disorders (such as high-functioning autism) that make giving speeches/presentations absolutely horrifying. it was at a point where I had to run to the bathroom and vomit because I was anxious, and that was on the day the speech was assigned. I begged my teacher for a smaller audience, a shorter speech, an alternate assignment, anything, and she said no. She said that I would have to give speeches and presentations in my adult life, and that adulthood wasn't going to coddle me. What she did do was she tutored me after school and during study hall. At least three times a week (and sometimes three times a day) she helped me learn how to give a speech. Some of the methods we used were silly (like printing out my classmates' school pictures and taping them to cardboard cutouts) but it helped. By the time Speech Day rolled around, I was still nervous, but I could function like a normal human being. I wasn't confident, but I faked it so well my classmates joked that I had hired someone to give my speech for me. I was uncomfortable, but I sought help and worked through my anxiety instead of saying "I don't like that I'm held to the same standards as everyone else, therefore I'm oppressed". I didn't claim "introvert oppression" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) or skip class and demand to make up the assignment on my terms, I learned ways to deal with my fear instead of expecting the world to conform to my wants. The person who posted this has her head so far up her faux-social-justice ass that I bet she can taste her fucking gallbladder. There is no "extrovert discrimination", there's just some obnoxious white girl on tumblr screaming "I'm oppressed! I'm in pain! I think this is what pain feels like! Oh Momma, someone maternal!"

(Rant over, I just want to give an internet WHOOP WHOOP for the freaking awesome Ms. K, for helping me learn to give speeches.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:19:04 am by SmokingDodongo »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2080 on: December 20, 2013, 01:08:01 am »
Oh my god, this bitch. THIS BITCH. Buckle your seatbelts ladies, gentlemen, and otherwise: it's story time.

Like many people, I get nervous when asked to get up in front of people and talk. It makes me uncomfortable. Unlike many people, I have various diagnosed disorders (such as high-functioning autism) that make giving speeches/presentations absolutely horrifying. it was at a point where I had to run to the bathroom and vomit because I was anxious, and that was on the day the speech was assigned. I begged my teacher for a smaller audience, a shorter speech, an alternate assignment, anything, and she said no. She said that I would have to give speeches and presentations in my adult life, and that adulthood wasn't going to coddle me. What she did do was she tutored me after school and during study hall. At least three times a week (and sometimes three times a day) she helped me learn how to give a speech. Some of the methods we used were silly (like printing out my classmates' school pictures and taping them to cardboard cutouts) but it helped. By the time Speech Day rolled around, I was still nervous, but I could function like a normal human being. I wasn't confident, but I faked it so well my classmates joked that I had hired someone to give my speech for me. I was uncomfortable, but I sought help and worked through my anxiety instead of saying "I don't like that I'm held to the same standards as everyone else, therefore I'm oppressed". I didn't claim "introvert oppression" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) or skip class and demand to make up the assignment on my terms, I learned ways to deal with my fear instead of expecting the world to conform to my wants. The person who posted this has her head so far up her faux-social-justice ass that I bet she can taste her fucking gallbladder. There is no "extrovert discrimination", there's just some obnoxious white girl on tumblr screaming "I'm oppressed! I'm in pain! I think this is what pain feels like! Oh Momma, someone maternal!"

(Rant over, I just want to give an internet WHOOP WHOOP for the freaking awesome Ms. K, for helping me learn to give speeches.)

"But Dodongo, telling someone that they should seek help for their medical conditions and to try to overcome their problems is ableism because it demands that people conform to societal norms and denies them their identity as individuals!  They shouldn't need to grow and change!"

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #2081 on: December 21, 2013, 08:29:21 pm »

Ancient Egypt was not a mixed society.
    Ancient Egypt was PITCHED BLACK until the 7th century AD, when Indo Aryans called Arabs invaded from Central Asia.
    For 99 percent of Egyptian history, Egypt was as BLACK as Nigeria, as BLACK as Congo, and as BLACK as Senegal.
    King Tut was a dark skinned black man,
    Queen Tiye was a beautiful and EXTREMELY dark skinned woman.
    Hatshepsut was also very very very dark skinned.
    Even during the Ptolemaic period of Kemet, the Egyptians were primarily African.
    The fact that the most advanced civilization of human history was composed primarily of Black People is the most annoying and frustrating thing to white supremacist historians today.

Ancient Egypt has been whitewashed a lot (note to casting directors: putting a white person in bronzer and a black wig is not going to make them look Egyptian), but this is so wrong that I don't know where to begin. Modern Egyptians are genetically the same as their ancestors, and I hate how some people think that modern Egyptians are just invaders who pushed out the native black African population just because they don't fit their idea of what Africans should look like. It's obvious that they've never even seen any Egyptians before, since a lot of them are black. Also, Africa is the most genetically diverse place on the planet and not all Africans look the same. That's like saying that Punjabis aren't really Asian because they don't look like Japanese people.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2082 on: December 22, 2013, 11:42:50 pm »

The entire English language is ableist.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2083 on: December 22, 2013, 11:59:50 pm »

If there is not super sized king or queen "lording over all of fat acceptance" except for the OP of course.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2084 on: December 23, 2013, 12:10:31 am »
So I suppose fat people are known simply as "fats". That's kind of hilarious.