Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550784 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2865 on: March 04, 2014, 01:55:39 am »
Tip to other Americans:

Stop saying “I want to visit/live in Europe”. You cannot, and should not romanticize and fetishize non-Western cultures. Stick to our own.

"Non-western cultures".
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2866 on: March 04, 2014, 02:05:07 am »
Tip to other Americans:

Stop saying “I want to visit/live in Europe”. You cannot, and should not romanticize and fetishize non-Western cultures. Stick to our own.

"Non-western cultures".

My response to that:  Fuck you, good sir.  As someone with Welsh, Scottish and Irish ancestry, and having friends in the UK, Ireland, Finland and Norway, I'll gleefully tell you Téigh ar shiúl, peidiwch â thrafferthu ni unwaith eto, og faen ta deg.

... for those that are curious, that was Irish, Welsh and Norwegian, in that order, between the commas :3 Have fun with Google translate!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2867 on: March 04, 2014, 02:22:11 am »
I have Scottish ancestry. I have full right to culturally decapitate anyone with an oversized sword.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2868 on: March 04, 2014, 02:47:40 am »
Tip to other Americans:

"Non-western cultures".

But wait, there's more!

Europe IS Western culture. I can’t fucking believe this.

Pretty sure it isn’t =)

For a start, Italians, Greeks, Spaniards, and other Southern Europeans aren’t white. For arguments sake we can say they’re culturally and ethnically closer to Islamic nations than Northern Europeans.

Germans, British (Tip: “British” is a term only used by Americans to lump them together; they don’t actually refer to themselves as such!), Scandinavians etc are ethnically white, but not culturally Western. 

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2869 on: March 04, 2014, 03:01:39 am »
Someone go tell the Italians that they're actually a bunch of ethnic Arabs.

.....well, I sure as hell ain't gonna do it.

(Tip: “British” is a term only used by Americans to lump them together; they don’t actually refer to themselves as such!)

You have literally never met a single British person in your life, have you?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2870 on: March 04, 2014, 03:01:55 am »
*stares, beakclaws, then reaches for the alcohol...*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2871 on: March 04, 2014, 04:03:33 am »
For arguments sake we can say they’re culturally and ethnically closer to Islamic nations than Northern Europeans.
Islamic nations? You mean like Pakistan or Indonesia?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2872 on: March 04, 2014, 06:23:43 am »
Is this person meant to be a social justice advocate? 'Stick to your own' sounds incredibly racist.

My tip for social justice advocates is that if your comment would not be out of place on Stormfront then you are no longer advocating social justice but rather apartheid.

Edit: Also the smug smiley face when clearly wrong is something that makes me long for the day when you can slap someone through the internet.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:37:54 am by davedan »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2873 on: March 04, 2014, 06:32:58 am »
Tip to other Americans:

"Non-western cultures".

Goddamnit, Tumblr.

Also, can we please stop with this "cultural appropriation" shit? culture does not exist in a vacuum, if whitey likes something from another culture it doesn't immediately prevent everyone else from liking it as well.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #2874 on: March 04, 2014, 06:47:40 am »
Tip to other Americans:

"Non-western cultures".

Goddamnit, Tumblr.

Also, can we please stop with this "cultural appropriation" shit? culture does not exist in a vacuum, if whitey likes something from another culture it doesn't immediately prevent everyone else from liking it as well.
Also cultures mix. That's the whole point of them. Preserving some aspects of your culture is fine, but if you don't allow them to change when in contact with other cultures, they die.

See also : pizza  being insanely italian, but tomato comes from the Americas. Curry in india is a stapple of their diet, made with spices from the new world. Horse-riding cherokees? Where do you think those horse came from? Europe!
Cultures evolve and change. The only thing that changed is the pace, which granted, can be frigthening, but it's nothing new...

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2875 on: March 04, 2014, 09:25:28 am »
Tip to other Americans:

"Non-western cultures".
The girls blog also thinks consensual bsdm is unconsensual or something.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2876 on: March 04, 2014, 09:25:49 am »
Let''s not forget that there's styles of various food items that aren't tied to their parent culture.  There's a reason its called Chicago-style deep dish pizza, after all.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2877 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:52 am »
Any helpful comebacks to silence body policing parents who might very well be intending to force me to see a doctor this christmas as I’m an “obvious” type 2 diabetes risk?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2878 on: March 04, 2014, 09:38:38 am »
Any helpful comebacks to silence body policing parents who might very well be intending to force me to see a doctor this christmas as I’m an “obvious” type 2 diabetes risk?

No, but I've got a dozen ways to silence you that don't involve killing you.  Like using epoxy or Bondo to seal that trap of your shut forever...and bind your hands to your elbows, because what you type irritates me beyond belief.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2879 on: March 04, 2014, 11:19:37 am »
Say, if anyone Tumblrs please follow the person getting bullied in my post from earlier.