Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550649 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3720 on: May 27, 2014, 10:35:34 pm »
I think it's worth noting that fat guys are just as likely as thin guys to insult fat girls.

Also, guys get a lot of shit for looking/doing anything/being anything too "female-like".  So if you happen to have a more feminine frame, you're screwed.  And of course, they associate feminine men with homosexuality.

So, in short, men view "womenly" men as "pussies, faggots, pansies", and men view "manly" women as "pretenders, rabid feminists, misandrists, hypocrites."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3721 on: May 27, 2014, 10:53:15 pm »
I think it's worth noting that fat guys are just as likely as thin guys to insult fat girls.

Also, guys get a lot of shit for looking/doing anything/being anything too "female-like".  So if you happen to have a more feminine frame, you're screwed.  And of course, they associate feminine men with homosexuality.

So, in short, men view "womenly" men as "pussies, faggots, pansies", and men view "manly" women as "pretenders, rabid feminists, misandrists, hypocrites."
More or less, yaw.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #3722 on: May 28, 2014, 04:40:31 am »
A Song of Ice and Fire is fucking misogynistic! I mean, look at how the women are treated!
Look, there's a big difference between the setting being misogynistic and the story being misogynistic.
I have heard some legitimate criticisms on how the story depicts statutory rape, I haven't read the book so I can't make an informed opinion.

Eh, it's a bit iffy to apply modern notions about statutory rape to a story set in a medieval world.
Statutory rape is a weird concept even in our modern world, though. I mean, I realise why it exist (even thought the word "rape" is a shitty word to use in this context, since you know, consensual sex as rape is a big nope), but there's juste no magical barrier at 18 years old that'd justify such a concept.

And with that, I'm done : if anyone wants to talk about that subject more, it'd be better to open another topic.
Consensual sex can be rape if the victim isn't in the proper state of mind to make the decision, see having sex with someone intoxicated.
(And yes, 18 years is pretty arbitrary and really not based on any scientific data.
NO. Consensual sex can never, by definition, be rape.
If someone isn't able to make the decision (eg too young or too intoxicated), then it's not consensual.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3723 on: May 28, 2014, 07:20:18 am »

More or less, yaw.
Actually, feminine men tend to have it worse than masculine women.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3724 on: May 28, 2014, 10:51:33 am »
A Song of Ice and Fire is fucking misogynistic! I mean, look at how the women are treated!
Look, there's a big difference between the setting being misogynistic and the story being misogynistic.
I have heard some legitimate criticisms on how the story depicts statutory rape, I haven't read the book so I can't make an informed opinion.

Eh, it's a bit iffy to apply modern notions about statutory rape to a story set in a medieval world.
Statutory rape is a weird concept even in our modern world, though. I mean, I realise why it exist (even thought the word "rape" is a shitty word to use in this context, since you know, consensual sex as rape is a big nope), but there's juste no magical barrier at 18 years old that'd justify such a concept.

And with that, I'm done : if anyone wants to talk about that subject more, it'd be better to open another topic.
Consensual sex can be rape if the victim isn't in the proper state of mind to make the decision, see having sex with someone intoxicated.
(And yes, 18 years is pretty arbitrary and really not based on any scientific data.
NO. Consensual sex can never, by definition, be rape.
If someone isn't able to make the decision (eg too young or too intoxicated), then it's not consensual.

Yeah, I suppose that's true,
we should probably move this to a different thread now.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3725 on: May 28, 2014, 02:15:50 pm »
I'm hoping this is a poe, but if not then SJWs once again show us how "Trigger Warnings" no longer mean a god damn thing.

Also:

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:17:59 pm by Damen »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3726 on: May 28, 2014, 02:47:52 pm »
[soapbox]

There's a goddamn difference between an anxiety trigger and a PTSD trigger. Trigger warnings are for the latter.

[/soapbox]

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3727 on: May 28, 2014, 02:56:41 pm »

More or less, yaw.
Actually, feminine men tend to have it worse than masculine women.
True, as "manliness" is often made some kind of extremely narrowly-defined standard to prevent all but the "best" from being legitimized.

Also part of the reason why MTFs tend to get more negative attention than FTMs, most likely.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3728 on: May 28, 2014, 03:55:39 pm »
Speaking of which:

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3729 on: May 28, 2014, 04:06:13 pm »
I'm hoping this is a poe, but if not then SJWs once again show us how "Trigger Warnings" no longer mean a god damn thing.

Also:

I'm on mobile, what do they say?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3730 on: May 28, 2014, 05:21:55 pm »
Stupid shit.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3731 on: May 28, 2014, 06:09:32 pm »
Oh, just read them now.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3732 on: May 29, 2014, 03:45:51 pm »
You went for a walk? KILL YOURSELF OPPRESSOR!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3733 on: May 29, 2014, 03:50:22 pm »

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3734 on: May 30, 2014, 01:41:24 pm »
The term "manchild" is horribly derogatory and demeaning towards autistic people.

"Manchild" just means you're immature.  I've known plenty of mature autistic people, and plenty of immature neurotypical people.