Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550052 times)

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3885 on: June 11, 2014, 12:49:13 am »
I am iffy about weight loss surgeries as I have heard horror stories about them and I also have heard that most do regain their weight back somehow.

My sister is thinking of getting the lap band done and I strongly suggested that she does her research before doing anything drastic like that but if she is hellbent on getting it done then I can't tell her not to. It's her body and it's her choice.

If she is that adamant to press forward, make sure she gets a good bariatric surgeon with great patient ratings and referrals.  Getting a bargain surgeon is not worth the risk.  The bariatric surgery horror stories usually start out with a patient getting a bargain surgeon since Lap Band Surgery can cost anywhere from $15,000 to $30,000 USD in the United States, and the surgeon was willing to do it for cheaper.

I know people who've had various bariatric surgeries done.  Ultimately, the success of permanent weight loss isn't so much from the surgery, but the person willing to now comply to new dietary habits because of the surgery.  If the person doesn't want to change his/her eating habits, the surgery isn't going to do very much for them.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3886 on: June 11, 2014, 07:01:00 am »
There are risks with any surgery, and weight-loss surgery is no exception. Like Kat said, it's best to research your doctor so you're not stuck with a half-wit who will potentially put your health at risk. We have a family friend whose wife died because most doctors refused to do the procedure for her due to the risks, so she kept looking until she found one that was willing.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3887 on: June 11, 2014, 08:38:08 am »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3888 on: June 11, 2014, 07:16:03 pm »
(click to show/hide)

That's weird, picture person, because about the time I read that, I immediately came to the conclusion that you're a complete dickhead.  Ain't that some shit?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3889 on: June 13, 2014, 06:20:54 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I don't think you know what being gay means.

End fathers day was started as a joke by 4Chan but it seems a few people are taking it seriously.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3890 on: June 13, 2014, 06:31:18 pm »

Wat.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #3891 on: June 13, 2014, 06:55:59 pm »
I've heard of people liking villains in shows, movies, and comics, but that is just plain crazy.  Ursula is a villainous character from a Disney movie, not some kind metaphorical symbol of feminism rebelling against Patriarchy.

I'm a 90's kid, and I watched The Little Mermaid when it came out in theaters and again on VHS.  At no point did I see any characters as someone I should aspire to be.

Why?

Because even as a kid I knew this was just a cartoon movie about a story of a Mermaid who wanted to be with some guy from shore.  If by any chance there was supposed to be any message about Patriarchy and Feminism in the movie, I never caught it, and it went over my head.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3892 on: June 13, 2014, 08:05:10 pm »
From Shitrichcollegekidssay:

Anonymous said: Wtf is white culture? Stealing shit?

Stealing shit. Killing people. Colonizing places. Crying white tears.

Used to be an okay blog. Then the mods started to try to appeal to mad SJWs. Now I just go there if I want a laugh.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3893 on: June 13, 2014, 08:10:56 pm »
From Shitrichcollegekidssay:

Anonymous said: Wtf is white culture? Stealing shit?

Stealing shit. Killing people. Colonizing places. Crying white tears.

Used to be an okay blog. Then the mods started to try to appeal to mad SJWs. Now I just go there if I want a laugh.

I yelled at them once for bullshit about Sami tribes, race, and skin color, then never went back.

The blog stopped being about stupid shit rich college kids say and started being about SJW madness.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3894 on: June 13, 2014, 09:03:50 pm »
Ursula conned a teenage girl into giving up her voice for a man, then used the girl's own voice against her to hypnotize her man, then tried to keep Ariel as a slave. She's hardly a feminist icon.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3895 on: June 13, 2014, 09:15:12 pm »
The mirror side would be MRAs applauding Hans from Frozen as a Men's Rights Icon.

...Wait, do they actually do that?

They do, don't they?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3896 on: June 13, 2014, 09:23:12 pm »
Ursula conned a teenage girl into giving up her voice for a man, then used the girl's own voice against her to hypnotize her man, then tried to keep Ariel as a slave. She's hardly a feminist icon.

Seriously.  She wasn't a villain because "she was a nonconforming woman who dared to seek power", she was a villain because she fucking hurt people.

Fun fact:  Ursula has the fashion sense of a drag queen because she her design was based on Divine, an actual drag queen.  Also, according to wikipedia, Disney originally wanted Bea Arthur to do her voice.

The mirror side would be MRAs applauding Hans from Frozen as a Men's Rights Icon.

...Wait, do they actually do that?

They do, don't they?

I don't know about MRAs, but I did see one person talk about how Frozen was great because it wasn't feminist, including how Hans was a good leader.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3897 on: June 13, 2014, 09:25:54 pm »
I always imagined they would prefer Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3898 on: June 13, 2014, 09:43:07 pm »
Same.

Offline WatermelonRat

• Apprentice
« Reply #3899 on: June 14, 2014, 02:44:42 pm »
No, they see him and think of the jock that picked on them in high school. They'd have more in common with Lawrence from The Princess and the Frog.

Think about it: He's jealous and resentful towards the more attractive and charming male lead, pities himself despite being fairly well off, and takes part in a complex scheme that he hopes will end in him getting a hot wife. It's even outright stated that he had issues with the women in his life. You can practically hear them saying "He only tried to sacrifice New Orleans to demons because he was sick of bitches pushing him around!"