Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549220 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4050 on: July 04, 2014, 02:16:46 pm »
Dude, there are SJWs trying to declare the Irish POC. Literally some of the whitest motherfuckers out there.

They're so deeply entrenched in their own incorrect view of race relations that instead of admitting that they need to change their views when confronted with evidence that it's wrong, they try to incorporate the new evidence into their world view in a way that still validates it. Instead of admitting that "white vs. POC" is an overly simplistic examination that falls apart outside of very specific locations and time periods, they try to add whiter and whiter people to the "POC" category.

by that logic, whites will end up being poc's, because you know.... white is a color...

did i just hear an sjw's head go pop?

We are talking about the people who invent their own personal pronouns and genders and sexual orientations just to feel special. They are already used to fuzzy logic and hypocrisy. White people being POC would not cause any kind of problems with them as long as they can think of some new-speak justification for it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4051 on: July 04, 2014, 02:28:00 pm »
Dude, there are SJWs trying to declare the Irish POC. Literally some of the whitest motherfuckers out there.

They're so deeply entrenched in their own incorrect view of race relations that instead of admitting that they need to change their views when confronted with evidence that it's wrong, they try to incorporate the new evidence into their world view in a way that still validates it. Instead of admitting that "white vs. POC" is an overly simplistic examination that falls apart outside of very specific locations and time periods, they try to add whiter and whiter people to the "POC" category.

I'm clearly out of date on these sorts of things, I thought that SJWs were insisting that the Irish could never face discrimination, ever, since they're white.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4052 on: July 04, 2014, 02:41:41 pm »
I'm clearly out of date on these sorts of things, I thought that SJWs were insisting that the Irish could never face discrimination, ever, since they're white.

Haven't you heard? The Irish are the niggers of europe. Skip to 1minute 3seconds for the relevant part.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7ghkEi32w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7ghkEi32w</a>
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4053 on: July 04, 2014, 02:50:28 pm »

Haven't you heard? The Irish are the niggers of europe. Skip to 1minute 3seconds for the relevant part.

Maybe it was the Sami, then.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4054 on: July 04, 2014, 04:02:26 pm »
I'm hoping this is a poe, but if not...

Thank you to Hof for telling me about that kind of shit a while back! I love how I now know bugchasing is a thing and there's quite a bit of erotic literature about it. I'll spare everyone else the mental images.

Poz, neg, breed me with your fuckvenom

Razorblade your boi-cunt so you'll absorb the bug better.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4055 on: July 04, 2014, 05:40:16 pm »

Horseshoe theory in action. The same claim about the Irish was made in the 1890's to justify discriminating against them.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4056 on: July 04, 2014, 06:22:16 pm »

That too. They don't always present a unified front.
Σא

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4057 on: July 04, 2014, 07:47:36 pm »

That too. They don't always present a unified front.

Correct. The ones who declare that the Irish could never face discrimination will say the same for the Sami, as they feel that it's pure "white vs. POC" everywhere in all historical periods. Any evidence to the contrary is plainly ignored.

THESES guys, though? They see and acknowledge the evidence, but they're unwilling or unable to admit that their world view is biased. So instead of changing how they look at the world, they try to just slightly edit it to incorporate the new evidence. Instead of declaring that "white vs. POC" is incorrect, they declare "Certain white people are POC".
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4058 on: July 05, 2014, 03:22:34 am »
This discussion reminds me of a "cis-white" joke I heard on the Colbert Report the other night.

Edit - http://empathyprivilege.tumblr.com/ Lets see what kind of madness I can stir up. This should keep me amused all night long.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:26:10 pm by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4059 on: July 06, 2014, 11:57:26 am »
A minor example, but a girl who made an ordinarily good post about the Hobby Lobby ruling accused the person who sarcastically talked about companies being forced to pay for abortions as "ableist".

Ableist? It's misogyny you gibbon.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4060 on: July 06, 2014, 12:58:12 pm »
At about 15 minutes in:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhrcMTMPzT0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhrcMTMPzT0</a>

Some people accusing TotalBiscuit of being a misogynist because he said he couldn't tell between men and women in Papers, Please, as well as other things.  In his words: "this is why we can't have nice things."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4061 on: July 06, 2014, 04:34:44 pm »

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4062 on: July 06, 2014, 04:38:12 pm »
There were people who accused SFDebris of being misogynist because of much he rags on Cpt. Janeway from Voyager.  Crazy Janeway is one of my favorite running themes of his Voyager reviews.

A minor example, but a girl who made an ordinarily good post about the Hobby Lobby ruling accused the person who sarcastically talked about companies being forced to pay for abortions as "ableist".

Maybe they assumed the commenter was male and was treating his comment as ableist because of he doesn't have to worry about getting pregnant?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4063 on: July 06, 2014, 05:09:48 pm »

Maybe they assumed the commenter was male and was treating his comment as ableist because of he doesn't have to worry about getting pregnant?

Even then, the accusation makes the assumption that women are somehow inherently disabled for their ability to get pregnant.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4064 on: July 06, 2014, 05:16:25 pm »

Even then, the accusation makes the assumption that women are somehow inherently disabled for their ability to get pregnant.

Yeah, ableism is for things like mental and physical disabilities. Thinking that a person is inferior because they suffer from depression or refusing to make concessions for people in wheelchairs at your business is ableism. Saying that companies shouldn't provide birth control on their health care plans is not, and is so far from ableism that I don't even know how the connection could be made.