Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550958 times)

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4125 on: July 10, 2014, 06:22:15 pm »
Its all good. I'm  a fan of both genres as well, though I doubt the person who said it would know the difference between Classical and Baroque if it bit them in the ass.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4126 on: July 10, 2014, 06:54:21 pm »
Offended?  Me?  Ha, Pendra, brotha, that doesn't happen.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4127 on: July 10, 2014, 09:42:05 pm »

Chevalier de Saint-Georges was a racist shitlord.
Classical?
Sure it can be really snobby but it's hardly sexist or racist.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4128 on: July 10, 2014, 09:53:34 pm »
I actually use the word for faggot for people that take things way too seriously/pretend to be seriously into a thing for attention. I.e. people that beat the fuck out of each other for not liking a youtube star.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4129 on: July 10, 2014, 10:18:29 pm »
I actually use the word for faggot for people that take things way too seriously/pretend to be seriously into a thing for attention. I.e. people that beat the fuck out of each other for not liking a youtube star.

Honestly I take more offense at the word "autistic" being thrown around as an insult than I do the word faggot.

Fred Phelps desensitized me to the word.

As for cunt and twat, I understand that people get offended so I won't use those words myself, but trying to police other people's language is not just a dick thing to do, but it's also not worth the effort.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #4130 on: July 11, 2014, 11:08:10 pm »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: tumblrinas have taken a good idea (trigger warnings) and bastardized them into nothingness.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4131 on: July 11, 2014, 11:18:51 pm »

Nothing more attractive than an entitled little cuntwaffle. You thought this kind of attitude was limited to spoiled rich kids? Thanks to Tumblr, everyone can experience the same oh so delightful combination of entitlement and being a raging shithead, regardless of socioeconomic background.

The internet is truly a wonderful thing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4132 on: July 11, 2014, 11:25:26 pm »

Nothing more attractive than an entitled little cuntwaffle. You thought this kind of attitude was limited to spoiled rich kids? Thanks to Tumblr, everyone can experience the same oh so delightful combination of entitlement and being a raging shithead, regardless of socioeconomic background.

The internet is truly a wonderful thing.
The great equalizer of our time.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #4133 on: July 11, 2014, 11:26:53 pm »

That's from the blog ErasingPrivilege, which is a troll/satire blog.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #4134 on: July 11, 2014, 11:27:04 pm »
I've always failed to see the point of dating / having sex with someone you're not attracted to. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of those things? And if the only reason you're dating/ having sex with someone is because they're the opposite of what you're attracted too, isn't that just writing them off just as much as only dating someone because they're hot?

And of course, I doubt these people would take their own advice and date someone they don't like.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4135 on: July 11, 2014, 11:28:02 pm »
So is superfat to super obesity what deathfat is to morbid obesity?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4136 on: July 11, 2014, 11:43:14 pm »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: tumblrinas have taken a good idea (trigger warnings) and bastardized them into nothingness.

Tumblr has given rise to the idea that everything inside your head is "valid", "perspective" means all ideas things must be humored, and you can't question any claims that people make, ever.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #4137 on: July 12, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »
Besides, everyone's idea of beauty is different. And sometimes you find it where you don't expect it. Used to be, I would have said that hair is kind of an important thing for beauty. But then I met a girl who's bald (cancer sucks btw) and I find her very beautiful. I also enjoy telling her this, mostly because of the adorable way she laughs.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4138 on: July 12, 2014, 10:16:10 pm »
I've always failed to see the point of dating / having sex with someone you're not attracted to. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of those things?

It wasn't too long ago in Best of Social Justice that people were claiming that men who didn't date transwomen (or vice-versa) were being transphobic. Some people are just so self-absorbed that they demand everyone else have the same preferences they do.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4139 on: July 14, 2014, 12:12:53 am »
I could be thinking of a different discussion, but as I recall, the actual argument was that not being attracted to post-op trans women strictly because they're trans (wanting to have your own biological children with your partner not withstanding) does imply a least a degree of societal bias -- namely that they're still being perceived as men, or at least "less female" on some level -- even if that doesn't make someone a horrible person or mean that we should all force ourselves to date people we're not attracted to, being that sexual attraction is a complicated beast and near impossible to control (not to mention that dating someone you're not into is bound to end terribly for both you and the other person).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:15:41 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)