Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549716 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4680 on: October 19, 2014, 11:12:44 pm »

I wonder if this is some weird trolling thing to stir up controversy in hopes of boosting profits from the resulting arguments.
Gee, ya think?
Another possibility is that Valve takes a long time to release things.

I dislike the whole "misandry" trend in feminism because the women who actually call themselves misandrists and joke about "killing all men," even ironically, show a complete disregard to the fact that there are other people in the world who face oppression besides women, such as men of color and gay, bi, and trans men. This is the same reason why I can't get behind prison rape jokes towards rapists; sexual assault against anyone is a crime and shouldn't be joked about just because the victim is a man.
Well, to be fair it's(ironic usage of the term misandry) mainly just mocking the bizarro world MRAs live in, but I see your point.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4681 on: October 20, 2014, 02:53:16 pm »
I agree, rape is abhorrent, rape as a punishment (whatever gender the victim) even moreso.

I was just stating that the 'humour' in prison rape jokes is about revenge rather than misandry.

I agree with you, but the thing is a lot of feminists justify these jokes by saying misandry isn't a thing. That might be true, but it doesn't mean men can't be oppressed for other reasons (racism, heterosexism, classism, etc.)

Case in point: People tend to be way more tolerant of lesbians than they are of gay men.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4682 on: October 20, 2014, 02:55:09 pm »
I agree, rape is abhorrent, rape as a punishment (whatever gender the victim) even moreso.

I was just stating that the 'humour' in prison rape jokes is about revenge rather than misandry.

I agree with you, but the thing is a lot of feminists justify these jokes by saying misandry isn't a thing. That might be true, but it doesn't mean men can't be oppressed for other reasons (racism, heterosexism, classism, etc.)

>Misandry
>Not a thing

Then I guess Valerie Solanas just really hated pop art.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #4683 on: October 20, 2014, 03:32:09 pm »
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4684 on: October 20, 2014, 03:58:52 pm »

Case in point: People tend to be way more tolerant of lesbians than they are of gay men.
Being sexualized is not the same as being tolerated.

A better example would be that black men are more likely to be arrested and receive harsher sentences than pretty much every other demographic.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4685 on: October 20, 2014, 03:59:29 pm »

>Misandry
>Not a thing

False, explain Tumblr.
Ftfy

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4686 on: October 20, 2014, 04:31:34 pm »

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4687 on: October 20, 2014, 04:56:21 pm »
....I...yeah I got nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4688 on: October 20, 2014, 05:03:30 pm »

Knowing Fckh8, this is probably false. Not that there aren't legitimate reasons why some people dislike them, but this isn't one of them.

Well, considering the fact that Fckh8's basically the LGBTQIA-rights equivalent of PETA, I honestly couldn't tell.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4689 on: October 20, 2014, 05:34:32 pm »
http://www.peta.org/features/peta-presidents-grisly-will/

Speaking of PETA, this lady, I mean, I knew Ingrid Newkirk was absolutely bugfuck insane, I knew she was a card carrying lunatic, but these requests out of her will leave me one hundred percent convinced she's worse than even I thought possible.

Human foie gras, ladies and gents. Mounting her eye in the EPA office. Delivering her hand to Ringling Bros circus.

At what point do we say "LADY, YOU MAKE THE JOKER LOOK SUBTLE!"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:38:37 pm by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4690 on: October 20, 2014, 06:03:29 pm »
At least she's not requesting that her head be mailed to Batman's cave.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4691 on: October 20, 2014, 06:08:03 pm »

Knowing Fckh8, this is probably false. Not that there aren't legitimate reasons why some people dislike them, but this isn't one of them.

Well, considering the fact that Fckh8's basically the LGBTQIA-rights equivalent of PETA, I honestly couldn't tell.

If you think Fckh8 is the "LGBTQIA-rights equivalent of PETA," you clearly don't know jack about the deep levels of wingnut crazy that disguises itself as "progressive." They have a history of stealing other people's artwork and once tried to send pro-LGBT coloring books to Russian families who hadn't asked for them (ignoring the fact that being caught with such a book could have serious legal repercussions), among other things. Some people also think many of their ad campaigns oversexualize lesbians, misgender transgender people, etc. When they're called out, they dismiss all criticism or delete comments and don't acknowledge what they did wrong.
Yeah, they're like that british asshole that was on CNN for a while.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4692 on: October 20, 2014, 06:36:58 pm »

I would have to disagree that Misandry is not a thing. I am sure there are individuals (of both genders) who are misandrists. I would probably agree that there is no pervasive societal Misandry in most Western Culture(s). I suspect there isn't much in any cultures but honestly don't know enough about all cultures.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4693 on: October 20, 2014, 06:39:22 pm »
http://www.peta.org/features/peta-presidents-grisly-will/

Speaking of PETA, this lady, I mean, I knew Ingrid Newkirk was absolutely bugfuck insane, I knew she was a card carrying lunatic, but these requests out of her will leave me one hundred percent convinced she's worse than even I thought possible.

Human foie gras, ladies and gents. Mounting her eye in the EPA office. Delivering her hand to Ringling Bros circus.

At what point do we say "LADY, YOU MAKE THE JOKER LOOK SUBTLE!"
When dismemberment seems like a reasonable idea for getting your point across, it's time to step back and examine your life choices. I'd also like to point out that 1) sending body parts to people you dislike or disagree with is tv-serial-killer behavior and 2) none of the people who receive her body parts are obliged to keep them.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4694 on: October 20, 2014, 06:43:58 pm »

I would probably agree that there is no pervasive societal Misandry in most Western Culture(s)

This is basically what I meant, thank you. Of course "misandry" exists in the sense that there are people who identify as misandrists and dislike men, but it's not really a societal force that oppresses men in the same way misogyny oppresses women.

We are ad idem.