Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549387 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5475 on: February 01, 2015, 06:09:33 pm »
Yeah gonna say there's no way any painter from Europe or even a court painter would have been able to get into the Harem bathing chambers in order to paint this scene.

Ironbite-he'd have been killed on the spot.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5476 on: February 01, 2015, 09:04:09 pm »
I sometimes wonder if some of these people are simply trolls. Darn that pesky "Poe's Law"!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5477 on: February 01, 2015, 09:44:55 pm »
Eh, can't say the Country Balls one upsets me (unless there's some secret message about Israel being a box). Modern Israel does use the holocaust as a shield from criticism.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5478 on: February 01, 2015, 09:56:55 pm »
Honestly, I don't see any real problems with the first one. It really does seem like Israel is allowed to get away with whatever terrorist actions they want by just holding up the word "Holocaust" as an excuse.

The second one is terrible, of course.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5479 on: February 01, 2015, 10:06:55 pm »
Eh, can't say the Country Balls one upsets me (unless there's some secret message about Israel being a box). Modern Israel does use the holocaust as a shield from criticism.

Yeah, I'm pretty on board with that. It's common for defenders of Israel's really shitty actions to simply bring up the history of antisemitism to shout down critics, as if being founded by members of an infamously abused religion excuses their harming of innocent people.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5480 on: February 01, 2015, 10:57:19 pm »
I think it's partly the context.  See, the Polandball cartoon itself isn't necessarily anti-Semitic, but when it's put in conjunction with the other shit, it can very easily be seen as more than a little questionable.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:01:41 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5481 on: February 03, 2015, 01:37:56 am »

...Wow.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5482 on: February 03, 2015, 02:08:35 am »

...Wow.

I've seen "transnigger", but "genderless" is a new one on me.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5483 on: February 03, 2015, 04:10:15 am »
to do list:

break a cis person’s fucking arm off

You are an extremely disturbing person, and you should consider getting help.

transgirlnanami
Follow

all cis people smell like old sweaty tennis socks

trans people are superior to cis people in every way

this is a fact

...wow. Does it hurt to be that deluded? Or do you just live entirely in your own fantasy world?

being cis isn’t right

stop being cis

No. Because it triggers you.

non-dysphoric agender transfemme, kitself

A lot of the quotes above come from this person. Witness their About Me. Witness...and despair.

If you arent trans here are some issues you dont get to have a say in:

Acceptable pronouns for trans people
    Which genders are real and which are not
    Defining characteristics of transness
    Whether or not a specific person is really trans
    Use of transphobic/transmisogynistic slurs within the trans community

These are INTRACOMMUNITY issues and cis people dont get to offer their opinions on them!

Here's what I'll do. I'll give my opinion anyway, regardless how many people tell me to stop. Because I don't give a fuck about you and your "rules of speech".

when we say “men are horrible”,
when we say “white people are racist”,
when we say “cis people are scum”
when we say “heterosexuals are terrible”

you damn well know which people we’re talking about so don’t change the subject and make it about yourself

And you people...are garbage.

something really gross:

cis people as a whole are more okay with literal neo nazis than they are trans kids with uncommon pronouns
    let me repeat
    cis people are literally more okay with people who support the genocide of poc and Hitler than they are with trans minors who use nounself pronouns.
    if you dont see that that is fucked up please stand up, go out side, and slam your face into the nearest tree like object.

Citation Please.

allies: *puts on “some people are gay” shirt*

allies: *draws a little rainbow on their cheek*

allies: *gets drunk at a pride parade*

lbgtqa: ugh

allies: what the fuck………we put our life on the line for you….and this is how you transvest- i mean transgendereds repay us

We truly are fiends, for enjoying ourselves.

Oh brother. Grow up.

people say “damn straight” because straightness is disappointing

And people say "you are a fucking idiot" because YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT.

*reads a book*
Everyone is queer and trans except this one shitty character I don’t like they can be a cishet man.

...wow.

Reminder that the truscum/tucute debate is between trans people trying to define transness. This is not, and never will be, an issue that cis people have any sort of voice on whatsoever.

There cannot be “cis truscum” or “cis tucutes” as you are actively speaking over trans people by identifying as either. Your opinions on what being trans means is irrelevant. Your job as a cis person, if you want to be a trans ally, is to respect ALL trans people, and never question anyone’s transness.

And I'm still going to give my "voice" on the subject anyway. And if I think the person calling themselves Multiplicity Gender / Demiboygirl is being stupid, I'll call them stupid.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #5484 on: February 03, 2015, 04:33:10 am »
"[Cis people] are rich" HA! Right. Sure. Every last one of us. In fact, I have so much money, I'm worried about being homeless in ten months! Man, I bet no trans person in the whole fucking world has as much money as me!
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5485 on: February 03, 2015, 07:46:26 am »

...Wow.

You mean you've seen more than one person call themselves a "transnigger"? And these people are serious?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5486 on: February 03, 2015, 11:35:37 am »

...Wow.

You mean you've seen more than one person call themselves a "transnigger"? And these people are serious?

Can't speak to their seriousness, but yeah, I've seen "transnigger" before, with the same excuse given for saying "nigger"--that while they may be physically white, they're mentally black so it's okay for them to use the term.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5487 on: February 03, 2015, 04:13:45 pm »

Sounds like somebodies jealous of our blatant male supremacy :)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5488 on: February 03, 2015, 04:47:07 pm »
I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5489 on: February 03, 2015, 09:11:48 pm »