Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551354 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5850 on: March 23, 2015, 04:27:56 pm »
(snip)

Are you fucking serious?!

That's a really obvious troll.

Given that it says it's written by Patricia Hernandez, a well-known writer of stupid things on Kotaku, I'm not completely sure. Then again, images can be Photoshopped, so an actual link to the article would be a lot better.

I can verify it's a shoop.

It's official: Hernandez has entered the Tyson Zone.
...Is that like the "Parody horizon?" You know, once a person or organization passes the Parody horizon limit no parodies or jokes about them can be sillier than the real deal.

Kind of.  It's basically when the general public finds themselves unable to doubt a story about somebody.  Examples would include Keith Moon, Charlie Sheen, and the entire country of North Korea.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5851 on: March 23, 2015, 08:33:25 pm »
(snip)

Given that it says it's written by Patricia Hernandez, a well-known writer of stupid things on Kotaku, I'm not completely sure. Then again, images can be Photoshopped, so an actual link to the article would be a lot better.

I can verify it's a shoop.

It's official: Hernandez has entered the Tyson Zone.
...Is that like the "Parody horizon?" You know, once a person or organization passes the Parody horizon limit no parodies or jokes about them can be sillier than the real deal.

Kind of.  It's basically when the general public finds themselves unable to doubt a story about somebody.  Examples would include Keith Moon, Charlie Sheen, and the entire country of North Korea.

It takes a certain amount of daring to observe that you would believe anything about a member of the Hated Outgroup and then cast that as their failure rather than yours.

It's not that "the public" is unable to doubt a story about Patricia Hernandez. Other people in the thread did exactly that. It's that you are unable to doubt a story about Patricia Hernandez. If you are taken in by any parody, you should consider that maybe you have a bad model of the sort of thing Patricia Hernandez would do and you need to recalibrate it.
Σא

Offline WatermelonRat

• Apprentice
« Reply #5852 on: March 23, 2015, 08:37:04 pm »
(snip)

I can confirm that it's a parody originating from /v/. Here are some other ones they came up with:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5853 on: March 23, 2015, 08:50:14 pm »

The point screamed over her head like an SR71 Blackbird Bird of Color

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5854 on: March 23, 2015, 09:47:17 pm »
The point screamed over her head like an SR71 Blackbird Bird of Color

I agree with the reply. Men having their feelings hurt by feminism in no way approaches the terror black people experienced under the KKK.

The hyperbole made the whole point suspect.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5855 on: March 24, 2015, 12:12:12 am »
I decided to take a look at Shakesville's rules today. I regret doing so.

downvoting will, in many cases, serve as negative policing of someone else's lived experiences. Thus, we do not allow downvoting.

I've seen some shit, but I have no idea what in Gork's name this means. If one can help me with deciphering this, please do so.

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5856 on: March 24, 2015, 10:38:24 am »
And now some idiocy from Brianna Wu.  I bet you thought it was Madman who would post this, but it was me, Ulty!

Talk about a lack of reading comprehension.  It's mentioned in contrast to him being evil!  You know, portraying it as one of his redeeming qualities?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5857 on: March 24, 2015, 10:52:56 am »
I suppose we are to assume that romanticism and being a 'gentleman' are also negative qualities.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #5858 on: March 24, 2015, 11:06:57 am »

downvoting will, in many cases, serve as negative policing of someone else's lived experiences. Thus, we do not allow downvoting.

I've seen some shit, but I have no idea what in Gork's name this means. If one can help me with deciphering this, please do so.
It's more clear if you read the whole sentence. Emphasis mine:

Downvotes, however, are prohibited, as we share a lot of personal stuff here and downvoting will, in many cases, serve as negative policing of someone else's lived experiences.
If someone shares their personal experiences just plain downvoting the post is seen as dismissing their significance. It's one thing to argue about a point and completely another to dismiss someone's experience as not important since it might have a huge significance for that person with all the context of personal history, emotions etc.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5859 on: March 24, 2015, 11:35:38 am »

Hitler was a good man.
(Don't downvote)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5860 on: March 24, 2015, 02:24:27 pm »

You'd think they'd take the downvote button out if they didn't want people using it. You would think so, but you'd be wrong:
So, in recognizing that the only people doing downvoting are misogynist heapshits who flagrantly violate our commenting guidelines, we recognize downvotes as Feminist Experience Points! "Congratulations—you said something so awesome that a pathetic wreck with nothing better to do expended energy on giving you a Feminist Experience Point!" No need to feel bad about a downvote, Shakers—it's just evidence that you're LEVELING UP!

They get a weird endorphin rush off of downvotes. A ban-gasm.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5861 on: March 24, 2015, 07:12:10 pm »

You'd think they'd take the downvote button out if they didn't want people using it. You would think so, but you'd be wrong:
So, in recognizing that the only people doing downvoting are misogynist heapshits who flagrantly violate our commenting guidelines, we recognize downvotes as Feminist Experience Points! "Congratulations—you said something so awesome that a pathetic wreck with nothing better to do expended energy on giving you a Feminist Experience Point!" No need to feel bad about a downvote, Shakers—it's just evidence that you're LEVELING UP!

They get a weird endorphin rush off of downvotes. A ban-gasm.

I think the implication is that downvoting comes bundled in with Disqus and they can't/don't know how to disable it, hence all the policies on it.

Also, I don't think we get to make fun of anyone over not wanting downvotes, considering what happened every time there was a karma system here.
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5862 on: March 24, 2015, 10:44:52 pm »

If I were a god, I'd have better things to do than whine on Tumblr.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5863 on: March 24, 2015, 11:07:57 pm »

If I were a god, I'd have better things to do than whine on Tumblr.

Thank you for asking! Yes I can. All I need to do is have a bit of blood drawn, and I'll have some tests run on the blood, and the tests will come back positive that this blood belongs to humans.

And also that it's type O and more full of cholesterol than it really needs to be. But yes, it's proof of humanity.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #5864 on: March 25, 2015, 01:03:11 pm »
So, a friend of mine found a thread on Imgur where SJW quotes were imposed over an image of Hitler, and the words cis, het, white, and male were replaced with Jew. I got a good laugh out of it.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar