Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549174 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6285 on: May 27, 2015, 12:04:44 pm »
Male and female are oppressive binary terms. Please use "masculine-coded" and "feminine-coded" instead.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6286 on: May 27, 2015, 12:13:06 pm »
So I guess using words like Dog and Bitch are out?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6287 on: May 27, 2015, 01:22:40 pm »
.................................HOW IS THAT A THING!?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6288 on: May 27, 2015, 10:45:43 pm »

"platonic partners"

Friends. I think the word you're looking for is friends.

how can you be both bigender and transmasculine? i'm missing something big here.

Transmasculine is not the same as trans man. It usually implies someone who is afab and more masculine than feminine but doesn't quite identify as male. Which is fairly consistent with being bigender.

Also, "platonic partners" has different connotations than just friends. Or it could just be an in-joke, who knows.

Insert customary remark about how Worst of SJ often ends up being "things I don't like about Tumblr".
Σא

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #6289 on: May 27, 2015, 11:02:13 pm »

Whatever, Louisa Farrakhan. Those reparations apparently didn't exist...
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6290 on: May 28, 2015, 12:29:33 am »

Whatever, Louisa Farrakhan. Those reparations apparently didn't exist...
Why must we turn it into a pissing contest?

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #6291 on: May 28, 2015, 04:03:55 am »

"HIS response to HER not wanting to play

->

I hope they are both male or female..."

I'd say this explains a lot about your average radflake.

Reading comprehension aside. Having two dogs of the same gender most oftenly causes fights and aggression as they both vie for dominance. A male and female dog together is generally more peaceful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6292 on: May 28, 2015, 05:50:27 am »

->

Reading comprehension aside. Having two dogs of the same gender most oftenly causes fights and aggression as they both vie for dominance. A male and female dog together is generally more peaceful.

Actually, I think the commenter hoped that the dogs were same gender because they think "forcing" a male and female dog to live together is like forcing two random people into a relationship regardless of their sexuality. Or something like that.

And despite the fact that homosexual behaviour (bisexual too I think) has been documented in animals the majority of them are probably not homosexual. I think this is Tumblr taking the fight against heteronormativity too far once again.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6293 on: May 28, 2015, 09:16:53 am »

->

Yeah bout that.  My sister has a male and female dogs who fight like they're trying to kill one another most days.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6294 on: May 28, 2015, 11:42:57 am »
Normally two dogs of the same gender, hell two dogs, will sort out dominance issue themselves. Usually the older dog wins. But it depends on so many different variables. But let's look at that pic again. The one on top is a puppy. There's something I've seen quite often. The puppy tries to play, nipping and jumping and yelping and making a general nuisance of himself. If the bitch in the pic doesn't want to play she'll tell the whipper snapper. And that's a common response, to cuddle. Soley based on that pic (which is cute as hell) that's his way of respecting her as alpha.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6295 on: May 29, 2015, 06:02:37 pm »

I can no longer tell intentional parodies and unintentional self-parodies apart.

Radflakes are killing satire faster than hipsters killed irony.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6296 on: May 31, 2015, 12:48:24 am »
That's not serious, but it's not satire, either. It's not meant to ridicule anything. It's just a funny piece of narrative reinterpretation.

Also, that's my new favourite Lion King headcanon.
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6297 on: May 31, 2015, 09:58:47 am »

And yes, it's legit:

https://archive.is/l5aby

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6298 on: May 31, 2015, 10:45:48 am »

And yes, it's legit:

There is some truth in this. There's a psychological phenomenon (I'm too lazy to look for the correct name for it right now) that describes how people tend to internalize negative expectations. In mixed classrooms the pupils are often subjected to gendered stereotypes that cause for example girls to internalize that they aren't as good in mathematical subjects as boys and as a result they don't put as much effort to these subjects strengthening the stereotype. In girls only schools the girls have better results in mathematical subjects when there isn't as much pressure to conform to this stereotype. The boys on the other hand aren't expected to behave as "nice" as girls and thus their general school success suffers.

Of course, a better way than segregation to deal with this is to use teacher education to get rid of these stereotypes.

Edit:

Another hypothesis came to my mind on this issue. There might also be a difference in how people of different genders respond to teaching methods. A method that favors the way boys are socialized to think might cause girl students to have lower success and the other way around. I wonder if there are any studies on the subject from this point of view.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:53:40 am by SCarpelan »

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #6299 on: May 31, 2015, 11:04:20 am »

And yes, it's legit:

Yeah, this is actually true. And this shouldn't be in the thread, as she is merely stating a fact (that some studies state X) instead of arguing for that end (racial segregation is good).

Now, if you really want to get mad, read Justice Thomas' dissent in Parents Involved v. First Seattle School District, 551 U.S. 701. There he actually argues that point.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?