Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549219 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6720 on: August 07, 2015, 04:39:10 pm »
It's like they think white people just randomly fell out of wormhole.  The actual argument I've seen for this is basically, "white people can't even claim their own native European culture as 'white culture' because poc existed in those places and were erased from history by white people, so white people literally have no culture of their own".

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6721 on: August 07, 2015, 05:50:44 pm »
Who were the supposed "POC" the white Europeans erased in Europe? The Neanderthals (who often had red or blonde hair, btw)?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6722 on: August 07, 2015, 05:53:32 pm »
Who were the supposed "POC" the white Europeans erased in Europe? The Neanderthals (who often had red or blonde hair, btw)?

well, picts could be considered blue...
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6723 on: August 07, 2015, 06:06:26 pm »
They painted themselves...appropriators!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6724 on: August 07, 2015, 06:34:57 pm »
There were POCs in Europe, but then white people stole their time machine and kept them from ever having existed in the first place.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #6725 on: August 07, 2015, 07:30:02 pm »

Does this mean the patriarchy isn't a white creation?

How about Hayden? Mozart?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6726 on: August 07, 2015, 07:43:50 pm »

Does this mean the patriarchy isn't a white creation?

How about Hayden? Mozart?

Music was invented by POCs, so they're cultural appropriators.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6727 on: August 07, 2015, 08:04:05 pm »
Social Justice: According to the nuts, its about supremacy, not equality.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #6728 on: August 07, 2015, 10:16:20 pm »
When they say "poc existed in those places", they mean that poc were actually a part of those societies (i.e. black Englishmen, etc.) not that they were natives driven out.  That's what the user medievalpoc's entire blog is about.  Basically, because poc were members of those cultures, white people can't claim them as "white culture".  Another user argued that "white people lost the right to having their own culture when they took over the world".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6729 on: August 08, 2015, 08:46:34 am »

While there were atrocities perpetrated against Native Americans, the vast majority of those deaths were caused by disease.  You might as well say Africans are trying to commit genocide because of the AIDS pandemic.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #6730 on: August 08, 2015, 09:10:52 am »

While there were atrocities perpetrated against Native Americans, the vast majority of those deaths were caused by disease.  You might as well say Africans are trying to commit genocide because of the AIDS pandemic.

Fort Pitt, 1763.

Proof of intent that they were willing to give disease a hand if nothing else.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6731 on: August 08, 2015, 09:23:26 am »

Fort Pitt, 1763.

That was the only documented incidence of smallpox blankets, and we don't even know if it actually worked.  There are plenty of reasons to complain about white people's treatment of Native Americans (The Trail of Tears, Wounded Knee, etc.), there's no reason to invent or exaggerate any.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6732 on: August 08, 2015, 09:43:56 am »

One could argue many of those deaths were caused from poor living conditions (being forced to live in small areas)

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #6733 on: August 08, 2015, 10:28:56 am »

Fort Pitt, 1763.

That was the only documented incidence of smallpox blankets, and we don't even know if it actually worked.  There are plenty of reasons to complain about white people's treatment of Native Americans (The Trail of Tears, Wounded Knee, etc.), there's no reason to invent or exaggerate any.

Your initial statement makes it sound as though we bare very little responsibility for what happened to the natives. This followup statement is much more accurate as to our level of culpability and I probably wouldn't have said boo if you had led with it... although 'we don't know if it actually worked' is awfully close to 'but the bullet missed, why are you charging me with attempted murder?'

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6734 on: August 08, 2015, 10:42:25 am »

Fort Pitt, 1763.

Your initial statement makes it sound as though we bare very little responsibility for what happened to the natives. This followup statement is much more accurate as to our level of culpability and I probably wouldn't have said boo if you had led with it... although 'we don't know if it actually worked' is awfully close to 'but the bullet missed, why are you charging me with attempted murder?'

Okay, maybe I should've been clearer.  Mea culpa.