Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551446 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #7500 on: November 03, 2015, 05:28:01 pm »
Oh look at the time, it's "UP is transphobic" 'o clock! Guess what, "I'm not attracted to women" and "I don't want to have sex with someone with a vagina" are, in fact, two different statements that mean two different things.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #7501 on: November 03, 2015, 07:23:19 pm »
Oh look at the time, it's "UP is transphobic" 'o clock! Guess what, "I'm not attracted to women" and "I don't want to have sex with someone with a vagina" are, in fact, two different statements that mean two different things.

Just to be completely fair, there is a great deal of overlap, and it it possibile for one to say one and mean both. Not that it really matters, because you're still right.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7502 on: November 03, 2015, 07:33:30 pm »
say that a boy can have a vagina, and people think it's cool. say that one girl has a mustache, and all of a sudden she hates you...

more seriously, the only thing that bugs me about the post is the dubious sentence structure. it's still very true and i agree with it.

i mean, what is there to handle a vagina? it's on the pelvis, about a hand's size, if anything a scrotum is more challenging to handle...
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7503 on: November 03, 2015, 08:24:37 pm »
Well, honestly, to me it came off as them saying gay men should have sex with pre-op transmen because social justice.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7504 on: November 03, 2015, 08:38:18 pm »
Well, honestly, to me it came off as them saying gay men should have sex with pre-op transmen because social justice.

that too, but i preferred to go with humor rather than witness horseshoe theory in action again. once again, "nobody is entitled to sex, nobody has the obligation to have sex with anyone else".

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7505 on: November 03, 2015, 08:45:23 pm »
There was nothing in the post which said anything about people having to have sex with each other. It seemed purely about erasing trans identity. To say that transmen aren't real boys, like pinnochio.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7506 on: November 03, 2015, 11:24:13 pm »
Yeah, Ultie, there's no denying you kind of made a bad show in this one.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7507 on: November 03, 2015, 11:25:13 pm »
Yeah, that was... no.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7508 on: November 03, 2015, 11:34:14 pm »
Who wants to bet he'll pull a No You and cite some example of bad form I've had.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7509 on: November 04, 2015, 06:21:47 pm »
Isn't that called an ad hom argument?

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7510 on: November 04, 2015, 06:38:20 pm »
Isn't that called an ad hom argument?

does that make chewing your opponent an ad hom nom nom argument?

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #7511 on: November 04, 2015, 07:58:29 pm »
Yeah, Ultie, there's no denying you kind of made a bad show in this one.

How, exactly?  Maybe my interpretation is incorrect, I'm willing to acknowledge that possibility, but can you seriously blame me for making it in the first place?

By the way, I'm not transphobic, Ghoti.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #7512 on: November 04, 2015, 10:36:49 pm »
How, exactly?  Maybe my interpretation is incorrect, I'm willing to acknowledge that possibility, but can you seriously blame me for making it in the first place?
Yes, I seriously can. You assumed that vagina = female and that gay men would automatically turn down a pre-op trans man because "ew vagina". Now, if the post had said something like "omfg quit refusing to sleep with people just because they're trans" then you might have had a point, because no one (cis or trans) is entitled to sex from anyone else. But that's not what the post says; it's just pointing out that vagina ≠ female. (I could point out that some rando's two-note post is hardly the forefront of Social Justice™ but I'm not going to bother.)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:41:03 pm by Ghoti »
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #7513 on: November 04, 2015, 11:06:18 pm »
Yes, I seriously can. You assumed that vagina = female and that gay men would automatically turn down a pre-op trans man because "ew vagina". Now, if the post had said something like "omfg quit refusing to sleep with people just because they're trans" then you might have had a point, because no one (cis or trans) is entitled to sex from anyone else. But that's not what the post says; it's just pointing out that vagina ≠ female. (I could point out that some rando's two-note post is hardly the forefront of Social Justice™ but I'm not going to bother.)

Ever heard of dog-whistle language?  I've heard this exact rhetoric from those types.

Real mature.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #7514 on: November 04, 2015, 11:21:31 pm »

Ever heard of dog-whistle language?  I've heard this exact rhetoric from those types.
Yes, I have in fact heard of dog-whistle language , and I don't think this is it. Who's "those types", exactly? Where else have you heard that with the intended meaning of "gay men should sleep with women because otherwise they're transphobic"?
Long Live The Queen.