Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551438 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #7815 on: December 04, 2015, 06:37:03 pm »
We're mostly water, and bleach is mostly water, therefore, we are bleach.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #7816 on: December 04, 2015, 06:41:37 pm »
We're mostly water, and bleach is mostly water, therefore, we are bleach.

Logic.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ee0_1349946618

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #7817 on: December 04, 2015, 07:24:37 pm »
Weaklings...

http://www.absinthe.fm/products/Absinthe/by-Alcohol-Degree/-89-percent/Absinthe-Hapsburg-Hardcore.html

As the declared Goddess of the booze, I declare that Ravy wins this round. First off, Absinthe has taste. In contrast, Wild Irish, or Rosie as it is colloquially known, is two parts grape kool-aid, one part turpentine. Cost wise, Absinthe is quite expensive, while Rosie goes for $4-5. Consumption wise, a bottle of Rosie is enough to get any person drunk, a second nickname it carries is "black-out in a bottle" (not that a bottle of Absinthe won't get one wasted, but Rosie is far from weak). Finally, Absinthe is knocked down a peg. The whole hallucination jazz that surrounds it makes it sound worse than it really is. Everything I just told you about Rosie is true, and you better believe it.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #7818 on: December 04, 2015, 07:27:34 pm »
Absinthe is just aniseed balls dissolved in nail polish remover.

Unless you get the foreign stuff with wormwood in and even then it's better to just extract the thujone and smoke that.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7819 on: December 04, 2015, 07:30:37 pm »
You all are of course wrong.  The best booze in the universe happens to be green.

Ironbite-pure green.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7820 on: December 04, 2015, 08:02:26 pm »
Weaklings...

http://www.absinthe.fm/products/Absinthe/by-Alcohol-Degree/-89-percent/Absinthe-Hapsburg-Hardcore.html

As the declared Goddess of the booze, I declare that Ravy wins this round. First off, Absinthe has taste. In contrast, Wild Irish, or Rosie as it is colloquially known, is two parts grape kool-aid, one part turpentine. Cost wise, Absinthe is quite expensive, while Rosie goes for $4-5. Consumption wise, a bottle of Rosie is enough to get any person drunk, a second nickname it carries is "black-out in a bottle" (not that a bottle of Absinthe won't get one wasted, but Rosie is far from weak). Finally, Absinthe is knocked down a peg. The whole hallucination jazz that surrounds it makes it sound worse than it really is. Everything I just told you about Rosie is true, and you better believe it.

Who cares if its "low quality" if its good?  Honestly, most of the expensive wine I've had is borderline undrinkable because of how absolutely foul it tastes.  Seriously, its like someone pickled skunk dick, mixed in some shitty black jelly beans, tossed in some rubbing alcohol and gave that shit a firm few shakes.  There are some classier wines out there that are fairly good, like Post Familie, as they make a mean muscadine (wild grape) wine, but if you want something potable and cheap that will still get you blasted, then you're better off with something like Rosie.

[Not taking offense to anything ya said, Queen, just saying that "quality" wine is like beauty, its entirely up to one's own personal tastes.]
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #7821 on: December 04, 2015, 08:31:23 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaujolais_nouveau

you want bad wine? i'll give you bad wine. 2,39€ at a major french retailer today. it will get you blind drunk, especially as in the big cities they hand it out freely and in quantity. seriously. you don't want to go to student hangouts in the cities when the beaujolais comes around. it smells like puke, vinegar, and bad decisions. two things though. you're either desperate to get drunk, or you have no taste in wine whatsoever. for the very reasonable price of 3€, i can grab you some quality bourgogne, gaillac, or non-prestige vinyard bordeau. of course, prestige wines start appearing at around 8€, and my brother in law bought a bottle for 23€ today, to enjoy with my sister some duck filet in wild mushroom sauce.

call me old-fashioned or boorish, but i drink for taste. i'll gladly spend a few coins more to get something palatable. i've grown out of the "get drunk no matter if i'm drinking gasoline with turpentine chasers" phase.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #7822 on: December 04, 2015, 11:09:47 pm »
I suppose I'll never understand drinking for taste, because regardless of price, any wine I've ever had was like a torture chamber in my mouth. So spending $4-5 on our Rosie starts to seem a whole lot more appealing.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #7823 on: December 04, 2015, 11:39:36 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #7824 on: December 05, 2015, 12:10:18 am »
Does she claim that (western) people don't make generalizations about (white) men in ways that result in real life consequences and do when it comes to minorities? Outrageous!

Also, and more to the point, rape culture can be accurately said to be mostly a result of men's attitudes towards women's sexuality. Islamic terrorism and specially property crime among blacks poor people have more complicated causalities behind them.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:11:51 am by SCarpelan »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7825 on: December 05, 2015, 09:52:26 am »
I suppose I'll never understand drinking for taste, because regardless of price, any wine I've ever had was like a torture chamber in my mouth. So spending $4-5 on our Rosie starts to seem a whole lot more appealing.

A yummy and cheap variety available in any grocery store is Prosecco. It's a sweetish/tartish, very lightly sparkling white wine originally from Italy. It's the new, popular choice for people who aren't into wine at all.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #7826 on: December 05, 2015, 10:52:11 am »
Guizonde: I'm not sure if that was the bottle I saw at work but there was an empty Absinthe bottle with the same alcohol % and my coworker and I talked about how at that point it's just pure alcohol with a pinch of wormwood and a few other herbs added into it...

While we're on the topic of high-proof liquor, may I just add some Italian examples?

Limoncello

Centerba Toro Forte  This stuff is from the town my grandfather grew up in.  It's not well-known or easy to get outside of Italy, but DAMN does it pack a wallop.  70% alcohol.  My dad's family usually just puts a spoonful into their espresso to add a little "kick."  Do not--DO NOT--drink a whole fucking glass.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7827 on: December 05, 2015, 10:54:09 am »
Does she claim that (western) people don't make generalizations about (white) men in ways that result in real life consequences and do when it comes to minorities? Outrageous!

Yeah, there are no consequences for generalizing men as potential rapists.  You know, except for paranoia, witch-hunts, and justifications for demonizing male sexuality.

Also, and more to the point, rape culture can be accurately said to be mostly a result of men's attitudes towards women's sexuality. Islamic terrorism and specially property crime among blacks poor people have more complicated causalities behind them.

The problem comes from taking it for granted that rape culture even exists in the West.  Statistics don't back up the claim.  The infamous "one in five" statistic comes from a deeply flawed study that defined forced kissing and even attempted forced kissing as outright sexual assault.  Moreover, DoJ statistics show that between 2005 and 2010, only 1.8% of women suffered sexual violence.  Of course, there are unreported cases to consider, but according to RAINN, 68% of rapes go unreported.  That's a large proportion, but it still means that only 3% of American women were raped during that timespan.

Furthermore, the poster all but stated that every single man is a rapist.

Even Then

« Reply #7828 on: December 05, 2015, 11:11:37 am »
TTrying to kiss someone by force... is sexual assault...

And "demonizing male sexuality" how?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7829 on: December 05, 2015, 11:19:48 am »
TTrying to kiss someone by force... is sexual assault...

True, but there are degrees.  Forced kissing is bad, to be sure, but it shouldn't be equated with outright rape.

And "demonizing male sexuality" how?

How about the idea that men have to be taught not to rape?  Or how about this bullshit?

(click to show/hide)

This would be ridiculously offensive if it were applied to just about any other group.

"You say not all blacks are thugs?  Imagine a bowl of M&Ms."

"You say not all Muslims are terrorists?  Imagine a bowl of M&Ms."

You say not all Jews are cheats?  Imagine a bowl of M&Ms."

"You say not all gays are pedophiles?  Imagine a bowl of M&Ms."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 11:25:38 am by Ultimate Paragon »