Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549376 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #8505 on: April 20, 2016, 03:26:15 pm »
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #8506 on: April 20, 2016, 06:42:09 pm »

Just for fun someone should tell Aeriel that expecting to get away with being an irrational idiot on twitter is an example, and abuse of, her minority privilege.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #8507 on: April 20, 2016, 07:24:19 pm »
Even the photos make it look like a joke. I mean he looks kind of puzzled and surprised but wary at the same time. The expression you get when the well dressed businessman you've been talking to at the bar  mentions the lizard people in earnest. Her expression is great too. The kind you would expect on a cult proselytizer as they tell you about Xenu.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8508 on: April 24, 2016, 05:11:31 pm »

I guess somebody broke off the Venus de Milo's arms to hide the fact that she had man hands.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8509 on: April 24, 2016, 07:00:24 pm »
That, or ya know, noses are these weird things hanging off our faces that, for stone, aren't structurally sound and are easily damaged.  But, let's not allow simple physics and materials science get in the way of our feigned outrage.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8510 on: April 24, 2016, 07:58:52 pm »
It's tumblr.  You just blame it on whitey.

Ironbite-easier that way.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8511 on: April 24, 2016, 08:01:13 pm »
Actually, a lot of the damage to noses was intentional, and done by many different invaders over many centuries. Notice that the intact ears are also weak points, because yes that was a logical explanation, but the Egyptians were very skilled and experienced after many centuries over carving monumental statues. It may take five thousand more years, if no vandalism or big earthquakes hit the region, for the ears and remaining intact noses to crack and fall off. 

Napoleon's soldiers got very bored in Egypt, bitterly hating the hot weather and strange food, and were hardly above target practice on ancient monuments of all descriptions. They were also not exactly enlightened on issues of race, either. I doubt anybody tried to really push that ancient Egyptians were Europeans, though.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8512 on: April 24, 2016, 08:49:40 pm »
Actually, a lot of the damage to noses was intentional, and done by many different invaders over many centuries. Notice that the intact ears are also weak points, because yes that was a logical explanation, but the Egyptians were very skilled and experienced after many centuries over carving monumental statues. It may take five thousand more years, if no vandalism or big earthquakes hit the region, for the ears and remaining intact noses to crack and fall off. 

Napoleon's soldiers got very bored in Egypt, bitterly hating the hot weather and strange food, and were hardly above target practice on ancient monuments of all descriptions. They were also not exactly enlightened on issues of race, either. I doubt anybody tried to really push that ancient Egyptians were Europeans, though.
They knocked off the cauliflower ears, what do they have against cauliflower ears!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #8513 on: April 24, 2016, 09:32:38 pm »
Fuck cauliflower.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8514 on: April 24, 2016, 09:36:48 pm »
.......we must kung fu fight now.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8515 on: April 25, 2016, 12:19:29 am »
Something that Europeans actually did do to disfigure Eqyptian statues was removal of the throbbing hard erections.

...You see, many of the statues had their cocks out as a sign of virility but the prudish Brits didn't like this and felt that they can't really show off statues like that in their museums so they smashed a few bits before shipping the statues back to jolly old England. Also, some pictures were modified so that random hieroglyphs were put in to cover the many erections and at least one massive pile of dicks. (It was the aftermath of some battle, the ruler had wanted to know how many enemies had been killed so the soldiers gathered up all the cocks from enemy bodies and brought them back as proof. You know, since a person generally has only one of those so this would be proof of kill while being lighter to carry than a severed head for example.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8516 on: April 26, 2016, 02:46:47 pm »
Every time the “inbreeding” discussion comes back up and ya’ll say “but birth defects!!” I feel like complete shit. I happen to have an inheritable genetic condition. And I was also forcefully sterilized because of it. In an incredibly ironic twist, you all sound more like fucking eugenicists than the genetics poster. You seriously think it’s okay to say that the possibility of being born disabled means that those kids shouldn’t be born? That the sheer possibility of having disabled kids means that a couple should not only be prevented from having kids but prevented from being together at all? What the fuck.

I don’t care about this argument at all but find a different point to argue from please.

So basically, you'll willingly force children into a position where they have an increased chance of being born with crippling (sometimes fatal and agonizing) defects just so you can feel better about yourself?  Yeah, you're not making some profound statement about society and standing up for disabled children, you're just a selfish prick who thinks "if I can do it, they can do it".   There's nothing noble about forcing children into a kind of life you wouldn't willingly subject yourself to -- or at the very least forcing a life that you know will lead to hardship -- and masking it with "but disabled people matter and deserve to be born".  These aren't kids who randomly developed a condition in utero; you're purposely setting them up to have an increased chance of being born with these conditions.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8517 on: May 03, 2016, 11:24:22 am »
Saying stupid things on the Internet is one thing, but this is quite another:

https://www.enca.com/south-africa/social-media-weighs-in-after-rhodesmustfall-leader-no-land-no-tip

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #8518 on: May 03, 2016, 04:57:59 pm »
Every time the “inbreeding” discussion comes back up and ya’ll say “but birth defects!!” I feel like complete shit. I happen to have an inheritable genetic condition. And I was also forcefully sterilized because of it. In an incredibly ironic twist, you all sound more like fucking eugenicists than the genetics poster. You seriously think it’s okay to say that the possibility of being born disabled means that those kids shouldn’t be born? That the sheer possibility of having disabled kids means that a couple should not only be prevented from having kids but prevented from being together at all? What the fuck.

I don’t care about this argument at all but find a different point to argue from please.

So basically, you'll willingly force children into a position where they have an increased chance of being born with crippling (sometimes fatal and agonizing) defects just so you can feel better about yourself?  Yeah, you're not making some profound statement about society and standing up for disabled children, you're just a selfish prick who thinks "if I can do it, they can do it".   There's nothing noble about forcing children into a kind of life you wouldn't willingly subject yourself to -- or at the very least forcing a life that you know will lead to hardship -- and masking it with "but disabled people matter and deserve to be born".  These aren't kids who randomly developed a condition in utero; you're purposely setting them up to have an increased chance of being born with these conditions.

Not to mention the fact that the vast majority of incest cases among humans here in the real world are essentially cases of abuse and child/teen molestation by family members (at least nowadays).  Even if somehow inbreeding didn't cause an increased likelihood of birth defects, that would be a reason to be anti-incest in and of itself.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8519 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:57 pm »

Not to mention the fact that the vast majority of incest cases among humans here in the real world are essentially cases of abuse and child/teen molestation by family members (at least nowadays).  Even if somehow inbreeding didn't cause an increased likelihood of birth defects, that would be a reason to be anti-incest in and of itself.

Indeed.  There's a reason it's called the "Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network," after all.