Author Topic: Explosion at the Boston Marathon  (Read 58016 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Explosion at the Boston Marathon
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 04:33:38 pm »
The parttimer at my work apparently has not heard from her mom yet. Her mom was done but was waiting for her husband at the finish line. No idea if she's okay or not.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 04:36:14 pm »
just heard that they may have found two more possible explosives.

Nicki:  By all means.  I actually picked the term up from my dad, so go ahead.

Also, to everybody else, I'm getting my news from Fark right now, with CBS on behind me.  Fark has five or six links up on their main page.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 04:40:07 pm »
Bloomberg is running a live stream of the incident, for anyone looking to stay up-to-date on the situation.
http://www.bloomberg.com/live-stream/

On a side note, I get that FB can be a downright strange place sometimes, but the absolute lack of people on my friend's list who seem to have noticed this is a little surprising.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Bombs at the Boston Marathon
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 04:42:50 pm »
About 2:50 local time, at least 1 explosion went off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Eyewitnesses reported 2 explosions, but local officials said it is possible it was just 1 explosion that sounded like 2.

According to Boston Police, there have been 2 fatalities and 23 injured.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/04/15/17764977-explosions-near-finish-line-at-boston-marathon?lite

I cannot help thinking domestic terrorism. The leaders had crossed the finish line about an hour before, but, of course, other runners were still coming through.

Snagging a few comments from Maddow Blog...

I have a feeling this is all that Anti-Government coming home to roost

e don't know much right now but the first place to look are those anti-government right winged militia groups. These right winged groups are afraid they have lost their country with President Obama getting reelected. Personally, I have been expecting more domestic terrorism attacks from these anti-government groups but like I see it is too preliminary to jump to conclusions.

Edit: Some comments from a friend of mine who grew up in Ireland during The Troubles.

Bombs: the ultimate weapon of the coward. Swift justice on whoever is responsible for this.

Always were, always will be. The Troubles, the Omagh bombing, Canary Wharf, Oklahoma City, Unabomber, the Warrington bombs, Dublin and Monaghan bombing, proxy bombing - all of them. Fucking cowards who do it.

This is what happens when fuckheads make bombs. It's that simple. I grew up around this shit and hated it then and hated it now. A few utter degenerates murdering innocents - that's all.

I don't wanna hear how evil the US/Ireland/Iraqis are. That's bullshit. There is *no* possible justification or provocation for murdering innocent citizens. (This was in answer to someone saying this is what happens when a government does things that piss people off.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:08:55 pm by erictheblue »
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: Bombs at the Boston Marathon
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 04:49:36 pm »
We've got like 3 of these threads already.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 04:49:37 pm »
God fucking damn it, who the fuck bombs a fucking marathon?
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 04:49:54 pm »
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 04:50:04 pm »
Well it's not really fair to jump to conclusions with out actual information as to what happened.
To say it's right wing domestic terrorism is no more fair than saying that this was a false flag created by anti gun and violence groups to start banning guns.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 04:51:21 pm »
So the parttimer's mom is okay, but no word on the husband. A couple other people I know may have been down there too.  I don't think I'll stop worrying until I hear from them.

This may sound selfish, but I'm kind of glad my mom isn't running it this year.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 04:52:12 pm »

God fucking damn it, who the fuck bombs a fucking marathon?

People like blowing up other people. So...anyone that woke up on the wrong side of the bed and sees a massed group of people
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 04:52:28 pm »
We've got like 3 of these threads already.

And I even looked for threads before starting this one.. (sigh)
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 04:52:32 pm »
BBC is running live streaming from it:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-22160978

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 04:52:58 pm »
So the parttimer's mom is okay, but no word on the husband. A couple other people I know may have been down there too.  I don't think I'll stop worrying until I hear from them.

This may sound selfish, but I'm kind of glad my mom isn't running it this year.

I know people were being asked not to use cell phones to avoid possibly triggering any other devices that had been planted. I'm sure cell volume is insane anyway, so hopefully that's the reason.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 04:57:22 pm »
From what's being reported on the BBC 24 channel, it seems to have been aimed at the crowd. 

Faith in humanity gone down again.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 05:00:32 pm »
Update: She might be losing an arm.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.