Author Topic: Our queer world  (Read 79704 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Our queer world
« on: July 21, 2013, 02:56:02 pm »
I thought it would be easier to have a comprehensive thread discussing queer rights across the world instead of dozens of smaller threads. I haven't been here a while so Mods if I'm violating any new standards you've got set up let me know okay?

Well start with a cross post, but Singapore produced the second largest LGBTQ event in Asia in the last five years with 21000 people showing up. Singapore recently failed repeal their anti-sodomy laws with the supreme court basically saying "don't rock the boat". LGBTQ people are launching another lawsuit aimed at that relic of British colonialism. And everyone at the even wore all pink!

Mexicans are protesting the Russian Embassy over their "propaganda law" as some of you may know, the Mexican Supreme Court ruled that marriage equality is in fact a right that should be granted to same sex couples. The way their court works though is that they would need at least five more couples in outside of Mexico City and Quintana Roo to file a suit before the Supreme Court has the authority to grant marriage equality across all Mexican states.

In Myanmar, cross dressing gay men are planning to sue the police after they sexually assaulted them.

And feel the Christian Love™ from Canada
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Our queer world
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 03:04:21 pm »
U back

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 03:33:21 pm »
Maybe who knows, I just felt like posting and I happen to be visiting the page.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 04:09:08 pm »
Personally the letter is kind of scary. I mean, its written in a strange attempt at Affably Evil that just makes the bloodlust creepier.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 05:12:38 pm »
The letter makes me giggle at how stupid this person is.  He offers no proof but wants these ladies gone.  He then says that the Deep South in America is backing him.  Really?  Are you sure?  Or are you just some nutter trying to get some nice ladies to leave the city?

Ironbite-course the police are looking into the matter so it's only a mater of time before this idiot's caught.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 10:14:22 pm »
And feel the Christian Love™ from Canada

Get the fuck out of my country asswipe you don't belong here.

I would just love to crack out my airguns and go play counter-sniper. I'm willing to bet that they won't think it is nearly as much fun when somebody is capable of shooting back. And if you think BB's hurt, just wait until you meet a .177 lead pellet for the first time.

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 10:39:42 pm »
The letter makes me giggle at how stupid this person is.  He offers no proof but wants these ladies gone.  He then says that the Deep South in America is backing him.  Really?  Are you sure?  Or are you just some nutter trying to get some nice ladies to leave the city?

Ironbite-course the police are looking into the matter so it's only a mater of time before this idiot's caught.
Hope they catch him.
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 10:40:25 pm »
Anyone have a link to more info about the Canadian homophobe?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 11:54:56 pm »
Anyone have a link to more info about the Canadian homophobe?

Here you go. It made it into other gay new source.

Here is the first letter actually.

Russia now arresting both foreign and local queers.

LGBTQ people seeks to take take 62 of Nepal's legislature seats. Nepal actually legalized same sex marriage but then their constitution went bye-bye so they have work back up to things they accomplished before hand.

Colombia may be next off the marriage equality list if their high court holds out. Their neighbor Venezuela has been silent thus far and is only considering civil unions.

LA tries to address HIV and AIDS among gay black men and promote safer sex and dialog. Unfortunately people are offended by it. Like it's not addressing you, it's addressing gay black men, so shut the fuck up. If you don't like it, there is a Bible passage about gouging out your eyes or something.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 12:08:48 am »
Gross, that fucking letter has to be in Papyrus, the most pretentious font in the universe. So pretentious, these homophobic assholes (considering they're from an organization from "the Deep South," it's likely they're listed as a 'hate group' by the Southern Poverty Law Center) use it so it can seem so holy and so pretty, as if the hands of the Abrahamic god touched it.

Also, did you know that Jesus Christ sheltered homosexuals, did nothing rather than offer compassion which most Christians refuse to offer? Maybe that's why the Abrahamic god asked his followers to kill a man who claims he's his son, because he's a morally abhorrent monster who hates love and compassion.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 12:19:04 am »
When did Jesus shelter homosexuals. I though the entirety of Jesus' contribution to the sum of gay rights or wrongs was as follows:

Because he didn't mention them at all.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 12:29:19 am »
Okay, well he did shelter adulterers and other people who were in a bad way, especially in a society so socially primitive and refusing to accept others. But still I don't know. I sure know he was some Hippie and not some shithead you would find in any small American town, especially in the Deep South or some other 'Red State.'

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 12:46:58 am »
Gross, that fucking letter has to be in Papyrus, the most pretentious font in the universe. So pretentious, these homophobic assholes (considering they're from an organization from "the Deep South," it's likely they're listed as a 'hate group' by the Southern Poverty Law Center) use it so it can seem so holy and so pretty, as if the hands of the Abrahamic god touched it.

I doubt there's actually an organized effort behind this. The most likely scenario is that this is one or two shitheads who might have ties to hate groups, but acted alone and made up the anti-gay conspiracy bit to scare the couple.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 12:51:31 am »

I doubt there's actually an organized effort behind this. The most likely scenario is that this is one or two shitheads who might have ties to hate groups, but acted alone and made up the anti-gay conspiracy bit to scare the couple.

I'm thinking this also. If there actually was an organized group behind these letters, you'd think people would have heard about them before this, especially in a very gay-friendly city (as the blog post in gyeonghwa's link claims).

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 01:25:29 pm »
There is exactly one acceptable use of that font:

So, fundies? Go get attacked by Reavers.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.