Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 274465 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #1215 on: November 13, 2015, 12:59:14 pm »
I finally watched The A-Team movie. I've been putting it off for a while. I grew up with George Peppard, Mr. T, and the rest as the A Team and didn't want to see the reboot. Rampage Jackson was a pretty good B.A. and that South African guy was a really good Murdock. It was a bit corny, but less so than the shows.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #1216 on: January 22, 2016, 03:04:16 am »
Attack of the killer tomatoes.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1217 on: January 26, 2016, 10:56:20 am »
Last few films I saw were:

Unfriended.  Jeeping fuck it was bad, I genuinely think it might be the 2nd worst film I've seen.  I mean what kind of movie can't even do jump-scares properly?  They're the easiest, cheapest and laziest thing in the world; that's why so many bad horror films rely on them so much rather than going for tension, suspense and atmosphere because those things are hard and require both talent and giving a shit.   How can anyone you fail so hard at jump-scares?

Jurassic Park.  Rewatched this when I brother got me the blu-ray boxset for Christmas.  Damn I'd forgotten how good this film is, which is weird considering it was my favorite film when I was 8.  There's a surprising amount of tension and suspense (something all the other JP films lack): so much so in fact that it's almost bordering on horror movie territory, albeit a PG horror movie with no gore.  Hell, I've seen actual horror movies with a lot less tension and atmosphere than this film.

Hateful Eight.  I liked this way more than I was expecting.  I was afraid a 3 hour long film set mostly in one room would be kind of boring but nope, interesting characters and performances make the film feel half its length.  Plus it's got plenty of Tarantino style humour and dialogue.  If you don't like Tarintino's work this isn't going to change your mind but if you do then go see it, you'll like it.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1218 on: January 29, 2016, 06:54:50 pm »
Re-re-watched Once Upon a Time in America. Fuck that movie rocks.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1219 on: January 30, 2016, 04:06:25 am »
Pain & Gain.  Not as bad as I was expecting, not even close, but it's still not exactly good.  Has Michael Bay ever heard of the word "tone"?  Coz, like all his films, this movie's tone is all over the sodding place - so much so that I'm not even sure what sort of movie Bay was going for here.  Also, has Bay ever met a real person?  PEOPLE DON'T TALK OR BEHAVE LIKE THAT is something you'll be shouting at the screen a number of times during this "true" story that's supposed to be about real people who actually exist, especially when it comes to the 2 characters who are meant to be medical professionals.  And of course we have Bay's trade mark juvenile humor (though it's not on show quite as heavily as some of his other films) and a bit of misogyny, racism and homophobia here and there (but again it's less on the nose than it is some other Bay movies).

Edit: forgot to mention there are scenes that feel like they were edited but they forgot to take out surrounding stuff that leaves the scene confusing.  Like when Mark Wahlberg's character is trying to get another to be a notary on transferring the kidnapping victims assets to him but he won't do it and Wahlberg says, "What the fuck is a notary anyway?!" and the guy replies by holding up a picture and saying, "Do you see this girl here, the black one, remember her?  I fucked her."  and the scene ends.  What?!!  Did I just black out and miss 5 minutes of the movie??  Did the actors turn two pages of the script at once and they just went with it??
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 04:16:59 am by Katsuro »

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #1220 on: February 01, 2016, 12:55:49 pm »
The Nasty Girl. It's such a good movie; everyone should watch it. I loved the over-stylized staging in particular.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1221 on: February 01, 2016, 06:00:52 pm »
The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day. Not bad, not as good as the original. The blatant sequel hook at the end was annoying.

Also seen 47 Ronin (sucks), The Thing (doesn't suck) and Escape from L.A. (sucks only a little bit) recently
Σא

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1222 on: February 15, 2016, 08:04:44 pm »
Deadpool. My gods, I haven't laughed that hard in a loooong time.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1223 on: February 15, 2016, 08:05:28 pm »
Was deadpool worth seeing?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1224 on: February 15, 2016, 08:11:57 pm »

Yes. Very good. Not great, but very good.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1225 on: February 15, 2016, 08:19:32 pm »

very violent? does it warrant the MA15 plus rating?

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #1226 on: February 15, 2016, 10:50:04 pm »

very violent? does it warrant the MA15 plus rating?

Ohhh, yes. Plenty of violence, a scene with nudity or three (male and female, though at different times), and every last bit of the swearing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1227 on: February 15, 2016, 10:53:26 pm »
Ok so not taking the eldest to see it no matter how much he wants to.

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #1228 on: February 15, 2016, 10:55:48 pm »
Yeah, there's dudes crushed by debris, cut in half, headshots, colossus nearly being choked, Ryan Reynolds being tortured...

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1229 on: February 17, 2016, 04:27:12 pm »
Just went to see an indie love story that really should be up for best Oscar but won't because there's a black lady in it.

Ironbite-it's called Deadpool.