Author Topic: Upon Further Review: Mitt Romney May Have Cheated To Win The Debate  (Read 1952 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
As the President said, Mitt Romney’s bright new idea is: Never Mind!

But there was a moment in the debate that will be discussed in the days ahead that everyone missed until yesterday.

A review of the debate tape reveals that, apparently, Mitt Romney needed a cheat sheet to keep the lies straight.

The rules of the presidential debates are clear about not bringing outside notes and presidents and aspirants have followed the rule for decades.

Video of the first eleven seconds of the debate available on YouTube shows Mitt Romney reaching into his pocket at the moment he is out of view of those in front of him, he used the lectern as a shield, and removing what appears to be folded papers from his pocket.

We see this because the camera that was broadcasting was behind Romney. Those in the audience and the moderator may have been shielded from his sleight of hand, but not the viewers.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/10/05/upon-further-review-mitt-romney-may-have-cheated-to-win-the-debate/#.UG77lNBp4RA.reddit

So I guess if you can't beat them, cheat is the new motto for Romney?
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Saturn500

Re: Upon Further Review: Mitt Romney May Have Cheated To Win The Debate
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 04:51:56 pm »
Update: it was only a handlerchief!

...Which makes me wonder: why'd he take it out of his pocket?

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 08:00:05 pm »
Update: it was only a handlerchief!

...Which makes me wonder: why'd he take it out of his pocket?
Wipe the sweat off his hands for all that lying?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 01:15:53 am »
It's weird because I saw a gif of it and it doesn't droop like a handkerchief should.

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 02:16:31 am »
It's weird because I saw a gif of it and it doesn't droop like a handkerchief should.

It's also perfectly possible to write legibly on a handkerchief, even if that is what it actually was.  Just saying. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 05:07:51 am by tempus »
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 08:59:11 am »
It was a handkerchief.  He used it later in the debate.  The guy has plenty of legitimate shady dealings, we don't need to stoop to their level by assuming conspiracies when none exist.

It looked suspicious at the beginning, then they came out with an explanation, plus a clip from later in the debate when he picked up the handkerchief to use it.  That's good enough for me to admit I was initially mistaken and drop the issue.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 10:59:49 am »
It was a handkerchief.  He used it later in the debate.  The guy has plenty of legitimate shady dealings, we don't need to stoop to their level by assuming conspiracies when none exist.

THIS^
Conspiracies just make people look stupid, let's not stoop to that level folks.

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 11:28:34 am »
Yeah he blew his nose on it, which is fine (this weather change has royally screwed my sinuses, too).

And even if he would have cheated, Obama still jobbed like Frankie Williams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo_QrixLSSc.

He better step up his game for the next two debates and stop being such a wuss (still voting for him either way, though).
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath