Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514391 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1500 on: December 26, 2012, 10:10:29 am »
Which games? Some are bigger offenders than others. The newer Yakuza games do a fair job of integrating the loading into the scene, while there's other shit that doesn't really manage.

I was trying to update AC3. It was only like 31mb. But my connection keeps timing out.

I managed the system update just fine. Only a couple minutes. But AC3 doesn't want to update.

I'll try a couple other games and see how that goes. It may just be AC3.

EDIT- I fiddled with the network settings and manually put in the DNS numbers and now everything is goin' smoothly.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 12:18:56 pm by Commander Shepard »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1501 on: December 26, 2012, 12:51:56 pm »
Got Faster Than Light on the GOG.com sale, after my first space battle the ship loses oxygen and everyone dies. This will be fun.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1502 on: December 26, 2012, 01:03:42 pm »
Got Faster Than Light on the GOG.com sale, after my first space battle the ship loses oxygen and everyone dies. This will be fun.
Just wait until you get boarded the first time that happened I never scrambled to figure out how to kill something  faster in my life

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1503 on: December 26, 2012, 03:22:24 pm »
You're going to absolutely adore solar flares. Every FTL player does.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1504 on: December 26, 2012, 08:01:40 pm »
Think I might try Fallout New Vegas, I heard it's buggy but Fallout 3 I hear doesn't even work properly on Windows 7.

Distind

« Reply #1505 on: December 26, 2012, 10:02:44 pm »
Think I might try Fallout New Vegas, I heard it's buggy but Fallout 3 I hear doesn't even work properly on Windows 7.
NV is less buggy than FO3 was from my own experiences. There are a couple of glitches that might pop up, and they're weird as hell looking, but I only found them in youtube videos.

I enjoyed NV a lot more than the third, if only because the story is far less rail roaded.

Offline Goosey

• Neonate
  • unacceptable and against morality behavior
« Reply #1506 on: December 27, 2012, 12:06:44 pm »

FO3 works fine for me on Windows 7. It takes a little work to set up properly, but it is a little work. There are no patches to download or anything. As far as I remember it's just setting the right compatibility settings in Windows and tweaking a .ini file. You should be able to find a thread on the Steam forums about it.

I actually preferred Fallout 3, even if New Vegas had better writing and mechanics; Fallout 3 had more unity. It just felt more like a singular, coherent experience.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:11:35 pm by Goosey »
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity, for it doth beget five and ten points in Scrabble, and is more worthy than the eleven and nine points of the other two respectively.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1507 on: December 27, 2012, 07:43:53 pm »
Until the ending.

Ironbite-I HAVE A FUCKING SUPER MUTANT WHO ENJOYS RADIATION!  WHY THE FUCK AM I BEING SENT TO DIE!?

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #1508 on: December 27, 2012, 07:47:47 pm »
Until the ending.

Ironbite-I HAVE A FUCKING SUPER MUTANT WHO ENJOYS RADIATION!  WHY THE FUCK AM I BEING SENT TO DIE!?

Which is why Brotherhood of Steel changes the ending.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Saturn500

« Reply #1509 on: December 27, 2012, 07:48:21 pm »
Until the ending.

Which is why Brotherhood of Steel changes the ending.

That's Broken Steel.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1510 on: December 27, 2012, 08:06:14 pm »
And is DLC.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1511 on: December 28, 2012, 12:41:00 am »
I have to say, Alpha Centauri is a fantastic game, but like any 4x strategy, it's harder to get into than bloody goth jeans. Hopefully I'll get the hang of things in the very near future.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1512 on: December 28, 2012, 01:31:50 am »
I got a free 1-month trial of Playstation Plus with my new PS3. Thinking of redeeming it solely for Bioshock 2 which is apparently a free for plus members game. Hot diggity.

The fact that Scott Pilgrim Versus the World as well as inFAMOUS 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 are also free doesn't hurt, either. And Dungeon Defenders.

Not sure it's worth buying a whole year of PS+ for the possibility of a game you absolutely need for free but the games they have for Plus member for free right now isn't too shabby. And the code expires soon anyhow, why not use it?

Also got my eye on Legend of Dragoon.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Saturn500

« Reply #1513 on: December 28, 2012, 12:37:15 pm »
PS+ also comes with cloud storage for your save files.

EDIT: Oh, yeah and those free games will only last as long as you have PS+, so once your trial period is up, you'll need to shell out money for a PS+ subscription in order to keep playing them.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:35:12 pm by Saturn500 »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1514 on: December 28, 2012, 02:19:51 pm »
I decided to play GTA III again. It's been far too long since I killed some hookers.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades