Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514187 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6255 on: November 24, 2015, 06:32:43 am »
it was fun, but because i've always forced myself to play final fantasy for the story (while hating the gameplay),
Screenshot LPs are a wonderful thing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6256 on: November 24, 2015, 11:01:05 am »
So, I recently discovered this in-development game called Yandere Simulator.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1EBJfK7ltjYUFyzysKxr1g/featured

I wonder if it'll be as controversial as Hatred.  Though I think it has an advantage over that game, being quite obviously tongue-in-cheek rather than 2edgy4u.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6257 on: November 24, 2015, 11:20:41 am »
Reinstalled MoO2...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6258 on: November 24, 2015, 11:54:19 am »

I wonder if it'll be as controversial as Hatred.  Though I think it has an advantage over that game, being quite obviously tongue-in-cheek rather than 2edgy4u.

You just found it? Also, its beautiful, ain't it?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6259 on: November 24, 2015, 06:28:30 pm »
Some of the battle music in Fallout 4 reminds me of Zinyak's theme from Saint's Row 4.  Makes me wanna make a Johnny Gat character.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6260 on: November 24, 2015, 06:29:47 pm »

The graphics are quite lovely, and all the more impressive considering that, AFAIK, all the programming is being done by one guy.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6261 on: November 24, 2015, 10:40:50 pm »

The graphics are quite lovely, and all the more impressive considering that, AFAIK, all the programming is being done by one guy.

The programming was the main thing, but also the humor. The art is ok, but not what I meant.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6262 on: November 25, 2015, 08:10:41 am »
I really wish Goris of Fallout 2 would make an appearance in a new Fallout game.  Why?  Four words: Deathclaw with human intelligence.  Goris and Marcus were my two favourite companions in Fallout 2, because they were pretty much the most intelligent members of their species (deathclaws and super mutants, respectively).  I mean, Goris was a fucking deathclaw scientist.  Seeing him as the father of a fucking intelligent deathclaw community would be AMAZING.  That, and I really want a deathclaw companion.  Synths are cool, and Strong is annoying because he's basically a stereotypical mutant, but an intelligent, talking deathclaw homie...I can't think of anything cooler than that.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:12:58 am by RavynousHunter »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6263 on: November 25, 2015, 08:57:15 am »
According to writer interviews one of the developers thought that the death claws might have survived since Goris and Xarn can survive F2. Another writer said no because he was fundamentally against happy endings. I think the latter version was canon but I'm not sure how the current writers feel about it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6264 on: November 25, 2015, 10:18:15 am »
That, or they just want deathclaws to be the typical uber-hard boss fights and little more.  Introducing someone like Goris and/or Xarn would make things much more grey and, therefore, interesting.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6265 on: November 25, 2015, 11:45:10 am »
Star Wars Battlefront is pretty dope, but goddamnit EA should have put in more maps for Walker Assault mode, although thankfully they have announced some free DLC along with their hilariously overpriced season pass.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6266 on: November 25, 2015, 11:57:24 am »
I hope they bring back Goris he was my favorite companion in Fallout 2 besides Marcus, but knowing how weird the Fallout cannon is he might be dead along with the other survivor of the Talking Deathclaws from Vault 13 (Curse your Frank Horrigan and you'r ability to punch deathclaws to...death.)

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #6267 on: November 25, 2015, 12:05:54 pm »
Completed the last couple of levels in the Legend Log mode in One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. Epic doesn't cover how awesome the final level was (which is apparently a game original story version of the current story arc). Now just Dream Log to finish and maybe try to get some more trophies, if i can be bothered (theres some real real grindy ones).

Also popped back into the world of Tamriel in The Elder Scrolls Online. First time I've played it in a few months. Ended up grabbing the most recent expansion, and am now rocking this awesome mount! (and a cub pet)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6268 on: November 25, 2015, 08:36:32 pm »
Finally, Arkham City is on sale on Steam. I've been waiting for this for the past several weeks.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6269 on: November 29, 2015, 10:55:40 am »
After a small setback involving accidentally destroying the poloidal centre magnet, I am now over halfway to achieving fusion on the server!  Magnetic containment on the toroid magnets has been achieved, the plasma containment pipes are charged, now all I need are a ring of neutron absorbers and boilers, then I can make the plasma and begin making power to the point of absolute insanity!

[ETA]

Months of work.  Months of gathering resources, generating and storing power, building up my supplies...and its nearly complete.  The main body of my tokamak is finally nearing completion.  All I need now is to give the boilers plenty of water and set up steam lines, and then...it will be time.  To make fusion plasma and ignite the very furnaces of the sun itself.  I'm...I'm so happy, I could cry.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:38:08 pm by RavynousHunter »