Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673349 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #3255 on: July 18, 2013, 08:03:24 pm »
Indeed it is. There's a facebook and a tumblr.
Σא

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3256 on: July 18, 2013, 08:33:06 pm »
http://liberallogic101.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/liberal-logic-101-456.jpg
This particular one is stupid and rage inducing even for liberal logic

That one is just fucking heinous >:(

No kidding. This is quite literally the single worst thing I've seen come out of Liberal Logic 101.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3257 on: July 18, 2013, 08:52:41 pm »
Ms. Fulton and Mr. Martin have been nothing but gracious, pleading for peace and justice. They are Christians of the non-fundie type, and actually follow the tenets of forgiveness. This vicious crap from LL is really beggin' for an Anon DOS smack-down of the site.

And give them more fuel for their images?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3258 on: July 18, 2013, 09:55:29 pm »
I wonder if my Mom fed me a line of bull to stop me from having a tantrum over the verdict?

Now, keep in mind, my Mom is not Teabag material & for the most part, pretty sane.

I learned about the verdict & was about to blow a gasket & expressed my misgivings to her.

I confess that I haven't been closely following the case. When Mom talked to me, she talked as if she was following it on Court TV regularly. She stated that the media blew it out of proportion and that (her words, not mine) Martin was actually much taller than Zimmerman, Zimmerman insisted on following Martin because he never saw the kid before & there was a string of robberies in the area, during the scuffle Martin bashed Zimmerman's head on a rock & left a gruesome wound (which mom claimed she saw the photo & it was gross but I later looked it up and only saw that unremarkable surveillance pic) & that the shooting was a split-second self-defense thing. She then gave me a lecture on how the media tends to manipulate stuff & one must see all sides of the story (this last part is the only part that's generally kosher).

Now, I wonder if my Mom just fed me a big pile of steaming manure to shut me up so I wouldn't have an episode.

Am I a fool?

Can you guys refute each of these points so I can tell her the truth? I don't know what sites to look for that are objective & refute each point.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:50:27 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3259 on: July 18, 2013, 11:16:25 pm »
the only weapon used was the gun it was all physical and Travyon threw only one punch

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #3260 on: July 18, 2013, 11:37:31 pm »
the only weapon used was the gun it was all physical and Travyon threw only one punch

I believe ya, man. That said, how do I refute each of her points? If I just walked in and said what you said, I might open a can of worms.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3261 on: July 19, 2013, 12:14:24 am »
Stating just the facts here, based on what I've read. Please correct me if I have anything wrong.

She stated that the media blew it out of proportion and that (her words, not mine) Martin was actually much taller than Zimmerman,

Zimmerman is around 5'7" and weighed roughly 185 at the time of the incident, while Trayvon was 5'11" and 158lbs. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#Parties_involved)

Zimmerman insisted on following Martin because he never saw the kid before & there was a string of robberies in the area,

Those are the reasons he gave, yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#Shooting_and_investigation

during the scuffle Martin bashed Zimmerman's head on a rock & left a gruesome wound (which mom claimed she saw the photo & it was gross but I later looked it up and only saw that unremarkable surveillance pic)

Based on witness accounts and photos entered into evidence, it appears that Martin initially started running away until Zimmerman lost sight of him. At some point after Zimmerman's 911 call ended, Trayvon jumped on top of Zimmerman, threw at least one punch, and knocked Zimmerman's head on the concrete. You can see an image of Zimmerman's injuries here: http://www.amnation.com/vfr/Zimmerman%27s%20head%20wounds.jpg and here: http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./0/0/zimmerman_wounds2.jpg (some blood and cuts, but not especially gory). The specifics of everything that happened during the physical confrontation (whether or not Trayvon went for the gun, how many punches he threw, etc.) are in dispute.

& that the shooting was a split-second self-defense thing.

It's impossible to say what was going on in Zimmerman's head at the time of the shooting.

Other relevant facts:

- Trayvon was on the phone with a friend while being followed, and mentioned it during the conversation. Most of the facts indicate that he likely believed that Zimmerman might be a threat.
- Zimmerman was indirectly told not to follow Trayvon once he started running. He left his vehicle in spite of this, but claims that it was to find a street sign to give his location to the police.
- The trial was focused largely on whether or not Zimmerman believed that his life was in danger during the physical confrontation.

I'm unsure of Florida's laws regarding manslaughter, so I can't say whether or not Zimmerman's actions leading up to the physical confrontation would be relevant to the trial. From a moral perspective, however (and this is where we depart from fact and hit the realm of opinion), I'd say that he should have been convicted of manslaughter for behaving irresponsibly, leading to a death, and spent at least some time in prison for it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:34:42 am by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #3262 on: July 19, 2013, 12:43:38 pm »
Indeed it is. There's a facebook and a tumblr.

and here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/conservativelogic101
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #3263 on: July 20, 2013, 11:07:32 am »
I don't understand how someone could be against abortion and condoms/emergency contraceptives at the same time.

Because the whole point of this anti-abortion jazz is not really "saving the unborn" it's about punishing those of the feminine persuasion for having a sex life. The "save the unborn" stuff is just double-speak....like "family values" is a code for "gays are icky".

Hence, being "pro-life" and still supporting war, the death penalty, unfettered guns, pollution, banning Social Services, etc.

Stating just the facts here, based on what I've read. Please correct me if I have anything wrong.

She stated that the media blew it out of proportion and that (her words, not mine) Martin was actually much taller than Zimmerman,

Zimmerman is around 5'7" and weighed roughly 185 at the time of the incident, while Trayvon was 5'11" and 158lbs. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#Parties_involved)

Zimmerman insisted on following Martin because he never saw the kid before & there was a string of robberies in the area,

Those are the reasons he gave, yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#Shooting_and_investigation

during the scuffle Martin bashed Zimmerman's head on a rock & left a gruesome wound (which mom claimed she saw the photo & it was gross but I later looked it up and only saw that unremarkable surveillance pic)

Based on witness accounts and photos entered into evidence, it appears that Martin initially started running away until Zimmerman lost sight of him. At some point after Zimmerman's 911 call ended, Trayvon jumped on top of Zimmerman, threw at least one punch, and knocked Zimmerman's head on the concrete. You can see an image of Zimmerman's injuries here: http://www.amnation.com/vfr/Zimmerman%27s%20head%20wounds.jpg and here: http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./0/0/zimmerman_wounds2.jpg (some blood and cuts, but not especially gory). The specifics of everything that happened during the physical confrontation (whether or not Trayvon went for the gun, how many punches he threw, etc.) are in dispute.

& that the shooting was a split-second self-defense thing.

It's impossible to say what was going on in Zimmerman's head at the time of the shooting.

Other relevant facts:

- Trayvon was on the phone with a friend while being followed, and mentioned it during the conversation. Most of the facts indicate that he likely believed that Zimmerman might be a threat.
- Zimmerman was indirectly told not to follow Trayvon once he started running. He left his vehicle in spite of this, but claims that it was to find a street sign to give his location to the police.
- The trial was focused largely on whether or not Zimmerman believed that his life was in danger during the physical confrontation.

I'm unsure of Florida's laws regarding manslaughter, so I can't say whether or not Zimmerman's actions leading up to the physical confrontation would be relevant to the trial. From a moral perspective, however (and this is where we depart from fact and hit the realm of opinion), I'd say that he should have been convicted of manslaughter for behaving irresponsibly, leading to a death, and spent at least some time in prison for it.

My mom agrees he should have gotten prison time for manslaughter. The problem is that the prosecutors were pushing for Second-Degree Murder. I think the reason for the acquittals of Zimmerman & Casey Anthony were due to this technicality. If prosecutors pushed for something less severe, both Casey & George would face prison-time. A court can only work with the charges raised and because of double-jeopardy laws, you can't "try again" with charging Zimmerman with manslaughter.

Like the rest of you, I have no doubt that the whole thing is a tragedy & the verdict was awful. I feel for Trayvon's parents & I hope and pray Trayvon's soul is at peace. I do feel that George was a douche for starting it. He should have stayed in the car. A Neighborhood Watch is supposed to be that...WATCHING...but George decided to be "Mr. Bigshot Vigilante Man Cuz He's A Macho Idiot With An Action-Hero Complex". You're supposed to just observe then call 911 if you find something suspicious....then let the authorities do their job if they feel there's a cause to do so.

There's plenty of shades of grey and neither side are total innocents but George should've kept his big butt in the car! The prosecutors should have pushed for manslaughter.

Anyway, not all hope is lost. The family can always open a wrongful death suit & public opinion is against George Zimmerman, anyway.

Both George Zimmerman & Casey Anthony are going to be paranoid & look over their shoulders for life. I'd say that's a hellish prison in itself.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:10:17 am by SpukiKitty »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3264 on: July 20, 2013, 11:08:59 am »
Why should Casey Anthony be so paranoid?  All she did was kill her kid.  Nancy Grace is pretty powerless to be told.  Now Zimmerman on the other hand....

Ironbite-he's gonna have to find a White's only neighborhood and pray no white parent takes his ass out for being Hispanic.

Offline Iconic Komodo Dragon 2

• Bishop
  • Try not to bleed to much.
« Reply #3265 on: July 20, 2013, 08:01:23 pm »
Why should Casey Anthony be so paranoid?  All she did was kill her kid.  Nancy Grace is pretty powerless to be told.  Now Zimmerman on the other hand....

Ironbite-he's gonna have to find a White's only neighborhood and pray no white parent takes his ass out for being Hispanic.

I know, imagine how horrible it's got to be for him, everyone going around making judgements based on how you look, thinking your violent and provocative. He might even have to start covering his face with something!
I support the SCP Foundation.

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.
LAAAAYYYYDDDDIIEEES...( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

• Bishop
« Reply #3266 on: July 20, 2013, 10:41:04 pm »

Goddamn those motherfuckers trying to have a legitimate conversation about race!
________________________________________________________________________________________________

3:14
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNJVhKE7gi8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNJVhKE7gi8</a>
______________________________________________________________________________________________

So the U.S. gets to elect stupid poeple but they don't?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Talking about interracial marriage I see!
__________________________________________________________________________________________

STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS THAT MAKE ME UNCOMFORTABLE!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

LOOK AT ME, I'M MORALLY RIGHTEOUS! EVERYONE ELSE IS CRAZY AND STUPID YAY!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Allow Kelly to provide a response:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
http://media.cagle.com/81/2012/05/15/111771_600.jpg
Really Obama, you're wasting time killing Osama Bin laden when you could be MAKING JOBS!!!??!!

I always pictured this would play out more like Pokemon

(straw)liberal

EEK! COLORED PEOPLE!

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:58:51 am by Iconic Komodo Dragon 2 »

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #3267 on: July 20, 2013, 11:01:01 pm »

To be fair to Ted Rall (and I hate to be fair to Ted Rall), he's talking about the fact that sodomy and adultery are both against the UCMJ.  In reality, sodomy is almost never enforced (except in the case of bestiality, or when it's in relation to other offenses, like rape or statutory rape), but it's technically against the law to get a blowjob if you're in the military.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3268 on: July 20, 2013, 11:24:56 pm »
Seeing as a black guy is shot by cops/security every 28 hours and 1/3 black men end up in jail Al sharpton is right. 

• Bishop
« Reply #3269 on: July 21, 2013, 12:26:46 am »
Seeing as a black guy is shot by cops/security every 28 hours and 1/3 black men end up in jail Al sharpton is right.

STOP TRYING TO DEVIDE AMERICA!