Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1674023 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #3645 on: September 26, 2013, 11:17:57 pm »
I'm sure one can contrive some reason about how the Care Bears were all about eugenics and fascism.

Actually... she doesn't. But she does have this really obnoxious and over-the-top Nazi griffin OC (I'm not making this up) who appears in a lot of her works, despite the fact that neither griffins nor Nazis exist in the Care Bears universe. Furthermore, this character speaks in a thick and exaggerated German accent and has combat-related PTSD (which she alternately romanticizes and makes fun of). He is also occasionally shown screeching in very bad German (as many of the artist's critics have pointed out), and savagely attacking Amigo Bear (whom the artist portrays as a freeloading illegal immigrant because his name is Spanish or something).
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3646 on: September 26, 2013, 11:20:47 pm »
GAWD! How can someone with such a talent for drawing cute anime chibi people waste such a talent on drawing such....NASTINESS?

I actually know of an artist on DeviantArt who has even better art skills than that shithead. She uses it to do Nazi fanart, mainly of Care Bears and My Little Pony. She used to do socially acceptable art that was very good, but then she suddenly turned to the Dark Side and went into a Nazi phase from which she hasn't grown out of yet, using her artistic skills to glorify the Third Reich. Yes, the irony of using Care Bears and My Little Pony, possibly some of the most sickeningly sugary, tolerant, and friendly shows on earth, seems to be lost on her.

So these people are serious. They're pro-nazi, and aren't just trying to troll people and using MLP and Care bears for the juxtaposition.

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3647 on: September 26, 2013, 11:32:33 pm »
Well, there's one thing I gotta say about this:
http://youtu.be/BreP8EwEbNo

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3648 on: September 27, 2013, 01:01:37 am »
GAWD! How can someone with such a talent for drawing cute anime chibi people waste such a talent on drawing such....NASTINESS?

I actually know of an artist on DeviantArt who has even better art skills than that shithead. She uses it to do Nazi fanart, mainly of Care Bears and My Little Pony. She used to do socially acceptable art that was very good, but then she suddenly turned to the Dark Side and went into a Nazi phase from which she hasn't grown out of yet, using her artistic skills to glorify the Third Reich. Yes, the irony of using Care Bears and My Little Pony, possibly some of the most sickeningly sugary, tolerant, and friendly shows on earth, seems to be lost on her.

So these people are serious. They're pro-nazi, and aren't just trying to troll people and using MLP and Care bears for the juxtaposition.

Let's add to this, shall we?

Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3649 on: September 27, 2013, 01:51:12 am »
I have no words.

Well, I do, but they are mostly repeating "why does this exist?!" over and over again.

They look like reject Hetalia characters.

That would explain a lot actually.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3650 on: September 27, 2013, 05:06:31 am »
I'm sure one can contrive some reason about how the Care Bears were all about eugenics and fascism.

Actually... she doesn't. But she does have this really obnoxious and over-the-top Nazi griffin OC (I'm not making this up) who appears in a lot of her works, despite the fact that neither griffins nor Nazis exist in the Care Bears universe. Furthermore, this character speaks in a thick and exaggerated German accent and has combat-related PTSD (which she alternately romanticizes and makes fun of). He is also occasionally shown screeching in very bad German (as many of the artist's critics have pointed out), and savagely attacking Amigo Bear (whom the artist portrays as a freeloading illegal immigrant because his name is Spanish or something).

Speaking as the resident Gryphon here... I think I'm obliged to challenge this fuckwit to trial by combat.  My longsword and arbalest will suit me nicely as ever.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #3651 on: September 27, 2013, 03:51:56 pm »
I've seen enough awful fan fiction in my time to know that there are fangirls out there who will woobify anybody, no matter how monstrous. A character may eat puppies and blow up planets, but there'll be fangirls for them.

World War 2 ended almost seventy years ago;  there aren't many people alive who fought in it.  To a teenage fanbrat, Hitler and the Nazis might as well be just as fictional as Loki or Sephiroth--so why not ship them because they're, like, dark and edgy and wear cool outfits and stuff, and pissing off boring people who know about history is just part of the added fun.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:59:36 pm by Dr. Weird »
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #3652 on: September 27, 2013, 05:30:00 pm »
I guess it's sort of similar to the way people romanticise pirates and vikings.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3653 on: September 27, 2013, 07:50:09 pm »
I've seen enough awful fan fiction in my time to know that there are fangirls out there who will woobify anybody, no matter how monstrous. A character may eat puppies and blow up planets, but there'll be fangirls for them.

Please, tell me they don't do it to Broly...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

wrightway

« Reply #3654 on: September 27, 2013, 08:01:17 pm »

Please, tell me they don't do it to Broly...

From Dragon Ball Z? Hell yes, they do it to Broly.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3655 on: September 27, 2013, 09:25:50 pm »
I don't mind messing with fictional bad guys or villains from centuries ago in a far different era but when you mess with nasty folks from the past 100 years, that's just, dumb.

And NAZIS of all people! *BLAUGH*!

Then there's those who crush hard on serial killers & terrorists. Look, I don't care how mind-blowingly gorgeous & baby-faced Tzokhar Tsarnev is....he's a slimy freak who caused the death of over four people (one of them a child) & the maiming of dozens! Even if the guy was a relatively decent, fun-loving boy who was influenced by his goon of a big brother, he did it! In fact, kid brother may have been the one who set the bomb by that 8 year old boy. He saw the child. Did that stop him? Nooooooooooooo!

I understand some gals have a thing for "bad boys", but going ape over bloodthirsty, subhuman psychopaths who committed Nightmare Fuel stuff to many people is crossing the line.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 11:20:50 am by SpukiKitty »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3656 on: September 28, 2013, 05:07:33 pm »
Its because in their minds, they can "change" bad boys with the power of their loooooooooooooooooooooove!

Ironbite-hence the attraction

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #3657 on: September 29, 2013, 03:27:10 pm »
Ok maybe I just have too much faith in peopel or I'm too sensitive to irony but I wanna call Poe.

For one, this guys dismisses the holocaust while also admitting the holocaust happened.

And "Mengele loved gyspy children" has some definite irony when one knows the history.

I just have trouble believing someone can be that self unaware.

A good lier knows what he's lying about at least on some level.

I didn't know where to put this, but no. No. No. No. No.

EDIT: Did a reverse Google image search on it and found this:

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3658 on: September 29, 2013, 05:46:04 pm »
Ok maybe I just have too much faith in peopel or I'm too sensitive to irony but I wanna call Poe.

For one, this guys dismisses the holocaust while also admitting the holocaust happened.

And "Mengele loved gyspy children" has some definite irony when one knows the history.

I just have trouble believing someone can be that self unaware.

A good lier knows what he's lying about at least on some level.

I don't think irony makes much of a difference. Some things are fucked up regardless of how seriously they were said.
Σא

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3659 on: October 01, 2013, 01:09:47 am »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.