Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671932 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4710 on: April 23, 2014, 06:43:57 pm »
Obama is holding people at gun point to sign up for Obama Care now?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4711 on: April 23, 2014, 07:32:45 pm »
Nooooo! We have free healthcare!

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4712 on: April 23, 2014, 08:32:29 pm »
Nooooo! We have free healthcare!

Free healthcare?  I must have signed up from the wrong Obamacare.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4713 on: April 23, 2014, 08:58:12 pm »
Too bad I live in a state that opted out of Obamacare, thus making it ridiculously expensive to get into because now I have to make up the difference that taxes would've done.

Ah well, at least it doesn't freak out about "pre-existing conditions".
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4714 on: April 23, 2014, 09:15:24 pm »
What do you mean by your state opted out of Obamacare?

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4715 on: April 23, 2014, 09:47:03 pm »
What do you mean by your state opted out of Obamacare?

It means that this state's taxes don't fund Obamacare, so it's more expensive to sign up for it.

In states that opted in to Obamacare, their taxes go to fund it, so it's cheaper there.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4716 on: April 23, 2014, 10:40:36 pm »
I'm guessing the entire reason for this is to trick people in to thinking the insurance is much more expensive than it actually should be.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4717 on: April 23, 2014, 11:28:17 pm »
I'm guessing the entire reason for this is to trick people in to thinking the insurance is much more expensive than it actually should be.

A self-fulfilling prophecy.  Republicans take steps to ensure that Obamacare is expensive, and don't tell their constituents why it's expensive, so the constituents think "Obama sucks".

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4718 on: April 24, 2014, 12:00:14 am »
Florida also "opted out" of Obama Care...and the insurance I got through the federal healthcare.gov site is really good and only costs me 132 a month; excellent for a 53 year old smoker. 335 dollars of the monthly premium is subsidized by federal taxes and the assessment of what I will be paying in income taxes in 2015. Some States "opted out" of setting up their own state level online insurance exchanges,  and most also refused to adopt the mildly expanded Medicaid income requirements.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4719 on: April 24, 2014, 08:22:29 am »
Again, we don't want the common rabble thinking they're as good as the nobility, now can we?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4720 on: April 24, 2014, 10:43:32 am »
Florida also "opted out" of Obama Care...and the insurance I got through the federal healthcare.gov site is really good and only costs me 132 a month; excellent for a 53 year old smoker. 335 dollars of the monthly premium is subsidized by federal taxes and the assessment of what I will be paying in income taxes in 2015. Some States "opted out" of setting up their own state level online insurance exchanges,  and most also refused to adopt the mildly expanded Medicaid income requirements.

Indiana also refused to set up their own marketplace, so it is more expensive, but even on the federal exchange, I got mine for only $86/month, and it's pretty good, too.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4721 on: April 24, 2014, 02:22:16 pm »
Huh... I have some hope now.

I'm NOT shit out of luck this October 16th.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4722 on: April 24, 2014, 02:25:40 pm »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4723 on: April 24, 2014, 05:47:59 pm »
Heaven forbid someone not know of Jesus.  The world might end or somesuch nonsense.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #4724 on: April 24, 2014, 09:14:42 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.