Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673617 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5715 on: June 06, 2015, 10:56:26 pm »

Is Wyatt really this incapable of being self-aware? This reads like 19-year old edgelord.

I'd LOVE to stuff the CARTOONIST in an oven!

Along with anybody who unironically likes his work.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5716 on: June 07, 2015, 10:12:23 am »

Is Wyatt really this incapable of being self-aware? This reads like 19-year old edgelord.

I'd LOVE to stuff the CARTOONIST in an oven!

Along with anybody who unironically likes his work.

i loll'd. reminds me of the joke: what's the difference between a jew and a meatloaf? none, they both go in the oven at 220°c for an hour.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #5717 on: June 07, 2015, 08:00:57 pm »
i loll'd. reminds me of the joke: what's the difference between a jew and a meatloaf? none, they both go in the oven at 220°c for an hour.

Have a little bit of consideration for others, my grandfather died in Auschwitz...

...he got drunk on duty and fell out of the guard tower.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5718 on: June 07, 2015, 09:24:15 pm »

Have a little bit of consideration for others, my grandfather died in Auschwitz...

...he got drunk on duty and fell out of the guard tower.
i approve of this joke, if my participation in the "bad jokes" thread is any indication.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5719 on: June 11, 2015, 02:04:39 pm »

Because trannies are freaks, amirite?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:50:25 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5720 on: June 14, 2015, 11:01:09 am »

Because trannies are freaks, amirite?

To the cartoon idiot in the blue easy chair, listen up.....

* There are slight differences in male & female brains. Thus, brains are in fact, physically sexed.
* A transexual is a person whose brain-sex does not match body-sex.
* The brain defines "YOU", your thinking, true identity, personality, awareness, etc. It's the seat of the soul.
* Thus, the brain is the true self. Jenner's brain is female. Yes, that hunky young man running around in the Olympics long ago had a literal "Lady-Brain".
* The brain is the real person, their soul, their essence, therefore, that "Olympic guy named Bruce" was really a woman trapped in "Bruce's" body!
* Caitlyn Jenner is who she is. Now the outside will match the inside. She couldn't go on longer being stuck in the wrong body with a false identity (even one who was awesome in the Olympics).
* She also doesn't look like "Evil hag Straw-Liberal schoolteacher" Ms. Henn from those Chick Tracts.

(Ms. Henn does her best 'Wicked Witch of the West' impression....despite being technically a good guy portrayed as a bad guy)

There! No Hubble Telescope Necessary!

Isn't it ironic how the Hubble Telescope, waaaaay back in the day, used to be a joke with telescope-glaucoma?
Ahhhh, The Nineties......
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:23:36 am by Barbarella »

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #5721 on: June 14, 2015, 12:13:32 pm »
I actually see the Hubble cartoon as a damning indictment of society and a pretty good cartoon. The Hubble has been revealing the mysteries and beauty of the universe for the world to see but we're more interested in this sort of thing. If that is the intent of the cartoon the perhaps better choice of things for Bubba Ballcap to want to see would have been a better view of Kim K's ass, but then again, she is not the hot topic of the moment and Jenner is.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5722 on: June 14, 2015, 01:06:44 pm »
I actually see the Hubble cartoon as a damning indictment of society and a pretty good cartoon. The Hubble has been revealing the mysteries and beauty of the universe for the world to see but we're more interested in this sort of thing. If that is the intent of the cartoon the perhaps better choice of things for Bubba Ballcap to want to see would have been a better view of Kim K's ass, but then again, she is not the hot topic of the moment and Jenner is.

Yeah, that is the way I saw it too. Come to think of it I thought this was the best cartoons thread when I saw it...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5723 on: June 15, 2015, 01:24:57 am »
You got a point. I guess it could be interpreted either way.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5724 on: June 15, 2015, 10:36:24 pm »
I can't really count it as a "best" cartoon when it calls her Bruce rather than Caitlyn. Unless it's from before her choosing her name?
Σא

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5725 on: June 15, 2015, 11:39:12 pm »
I can't really count it as a "best" cartoon when it calls her Bruce rather than Caitlyn. Unless it's from before her choosing her name?
Except that guy is supposed to be a moron. That has already been established by the fact that he's ignoring the Hubble telescope and all the wonders of the galaxy and focusing on celebrity gossip. Making him misname Caitlyn is just there to make sure that the reader understands that we are not supposed to sympathize with him.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5726 on: June 16, 2015, 05:55:23 pm »

"Mansa Musa?  Who's that?"

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #5727 on: June 17, 2015, 12:12:09 pm »
...what?  Surely I'm missing something here, right?  There's no way that this can be serious.

RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #5728 on: June 17, 2015, 12:24:03 pm »
I'm just curious: was the person who made that cartoon a hardcore gun nut?
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #5729 on: June 17, 2015, 02:30:48 pm »
Almost all of his cartoons that I could find are about firefighters, but it is clear that he's a conservative.

It's just the race thing that I'm having a hard time swallowing.  I mean, what's the message here?  "Don't let your kids play violent video games or they... start hanging out with black people and shooting one another?"
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."