Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1672627 times)

Even Then

Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6240 on: January 17, 2016, 03:51:11 pm »
Well, that too obviously, but I didn't want to go for the obvious comment.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6241 on: January 17, 2016, 04:16:47 pm »
I for one like being compared to a shark, Sharks are fucking awesome more things should e compared to sharks and I mean that in a positive way.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6242 on: January 17, 2016, 10:37:08 pm »
And you gotta love the implication that trans people are predatory.
Plus the implicit misandry of treating relationships between women and men as one of prey/predator, too. Can't let anyone with a penis near women or they'll... eat them? Kill them? Rape them? Something bad, certainly.
Σא

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6243 on: January 18, 2016, 11:52:43 am »
Plus the implicit misandry of treating relationships between women and men as one of prey/predator, too. Can't let anyone with a penis near women or they'll... eat them? Kill them? Rape them? Something bad, certainly.

some people are more predatory than others, sure, but that's not the point you were trying to make, i'm sure. there's a reason the derogatory terms "maneater" and "womanizer" exist, after all.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6244 on: January 18, 2016, 12:14:57 pm »

...Just few days ago it looked like Ishida might have shown his Mary sue feminist character NOT being perfect and correct all the time.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #6245 on: January 18, 2016, 12:19:08 pm »
Wait, who's this guy again?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6246 on: January 18, 2016, 12:24:06 pm »
www.sinfest.net

It started out as webcomic with various silliness and the occasional plotline. He made fun of everyone and everything evenly but got complaint about his portrayal of women (which honestly had been rather fair.) so he introduced "the sisterhood" who are a bunch of Mary sues and fight against "the patriarchy."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6247 on: January 18, 2016, 01:09:21 pm »

some people are more predatory than others, sure, but that's not the point you were trying to make, i'm sure. there's a reason the derogatory terms "maneater" and "womanizer" exist, after all.

I doubt it has much to do with any inherent predatory nature of males. More likely it's a reflection of the traditional religious attitude that women are "used up" or "consumed" when they lose their virginity.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6248 on: January 18, 2016, 01:47:08 pm »

I doubt it has much to do with any inherent predatory nature of males. More likely it's a reflection of the traditional religious attitude that women are "used up" or "consumed" when they lose their virginity.

Nah. The way I see it, this comes from mainly two sources.

a) Certain types of feminists who feel that women are oppressed by the horrible patriarchy and that women are always the victims. Men and their penises are the enemy, the predators, that prey on the defenseless women. You know, the same folks who maintain their belief that PIV sex is ALWAYS rape and that even the women who think they are in a non-violent and consensual relationship are being mistreated and enslaved by their partner, they just don't realize it.

b) Certain types of mens right activists who think that men should do what was mentioned in the previous example.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6249 on: January 18, 2016, 01:59:00 pm »

Nah. The way I see it, this comes from mainly two sources.

a) Certain types of feminists who feel that women are oppressed by the horrible patriarchy and that women are always the victims. Men and their penises are the enemy, the predators, that prey on the defenseless women. You know, the same folks who maintain their belief that PIV sex is ALWAYS rape and that even the women who think they are in a non-violent and consensual relationship are being mistreated and enslaved by their partner, they just don't realize it.

b) Certain types of mens right activists who think that men should do what was mentioned in the previous example.

The cartoon in question is a Republican soapbox. I doubt they are influenced by feminist rhetoric at all. (EDIT: Okay, I guess Tinsley does spend most of his time whining about political correctness. Insofar as he looks for any ridiculous thing someone says to stick on PC's reputation, he probably picked up a few misandrist talking points by chance.)

It's far more likely the writer is steeped in the actually-patriarchal, many-centuries-older notion that girls have a quality of "purity" that is stolen by men. A couple of leaps of conservative logic later and they've cooked up the notion that trans women are just faking it to get close to other women and "consume" them.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:23:09 pm by Ironchew »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6250 on: January 19, 2016, 11:20:43 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6251 on: January 19, 2016, 11:27:37 pm »

All I got from this was Jeb's gay for Trump and ashamed of it.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6252 on: January 19, 2016, 11:30:51 pm »
I don't think this is really a 'worst cartoon'.

Firstly it is really well drawn.

Second apart from the gratuitous labels (which are stock for political cartoons) is really clear.

Third I'm not sure that even politically it is worse because it is so over the top that I can't help but think it's satire. I mean trumps got high heeled boots on.

Finally I can't help but think it was drawn by Mr Garrison from Southpark particularly given the rather blatant homoerotic undertones going on, with Jeb Bush a damsel in distress and Trumps whole thing is fairly flaming. It is just what Mr Garrison would draw.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6253 on: January 20, 2016, 03:50:32 pm »
Ben Garrison does seem to have a major boner for trump though:

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6254 on: January 20, 2016, 04:15:03 pm »
Really torn about this cartoon - but the childish drawing and childish political view, ultimately sealed it. There is a point about extra-judicial killing of people outside of war in there though:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:20:51 pm by davedan »