Author Topic: Tabletop Game Thread  (Read 63369 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Tabletop Game Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2015, 07:29:52 pm »
Of course, the Wraithknight/Lord of Skulls/any other superheavy is restricted by the bane of vehicles everywhere- actually buying, painting and fielding the damn things.

Seriously, try painting all those tiny skulls on the Lord of Skulls. You'll go mad before the damn thing's done.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2015, 12:22:42 am »
While that's definitely a good point, it doesn't keep me from finding the concept utterly terrible.
Who needs a signature?

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2015, 01:19:01 pm »
I picked up the Skitarii Codex today. Its a really good book, lots of illustrations and fluff. FOC wise its another "special" one, though not as headache causing as some. You have no HQ, min 2 troops, optional 6 more troops, 4 each of elite and heavy support, and 2 fast attack.

Any Alpha can be a Warlord, though if its a Skitarii one you get a D6 roll on the traits table. The Sicarians only have a D3 roll. Also theres a relic that is Nikola Tesla's skull. Yep.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2015, 03:06:29 pm »
I decided to leave one of the RPGs I am in due to scheduling problems as I am starting my work soon and the game is on weekdays, in a different city. I just can't make it there.

It was the only game that was regularly, the other ones are more random and infrequent. This is a shame because I really liked it but it would be too difficult to schedule it since the crew can't play on weekends. On the other hand, I am going to join a new game which would be on weekends. I may play an  intellegent-space-corgi. (Also known as the Vargr of Traveller.)

Also, a friend of mine decided to start programming something that would be a challenger to Roll20. Except it would be easier on the computers, work on Linux and Android and use Ascii graphics...

I got interviewed for the initial plans and in a week or two we shall see what he has cooked up and show it to some other players who might try the program.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2015, 11:13:31 am »

Maelstrom's Edge, man , Maelstrom's Edge.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2015, 06:02:33 pm »
Anyone here play Dropzone Commander? Picked up the 2 player starter set at Salute (they had a massive space ship at the Hawk Wargames stand.) and have just finished assembling the UCM half. Lovely minis, if a very different scale than what I'm used to. (I also got Archmagos Draykavac from Forgeworlds stand, The Penguin (Gotham TV Show variant) for the Batman Miniature Game and some samurai miniatures)

There was also a really awesome Space Marine Adeptus Astarte cosplayed walking around. He must have been on stilts since he was pretty damn tall.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2015, 01:20:11 am »
If any of you want to have REALLY awkward time there is an rpg called Gang rape. It is a roleplay where three or more people play out a gang rape. It was made by some folks to highlight how horrible gang rapes are and how unlikely it is that the rapists are punished in Sweden.

The entire game is horrible, but this has been done on purpose. Really, they have all kinds of rules that have been put there simply to make certain that the game is really awkward for the players. Of course there is the chance that someone is turned on by rape-play they point out that it just means that everyone else is even more creeped out.

Anyway, you need at least three players. Two (or more) of them shall be rapists and one shall be the "woman." They specifically explain why they use the term woman rather than victim and although I disagree with their argument most of the rules are "cool" in the sense that they accomplish the desired effect. For example, no you can't play a scenario where the rape happens in a jail or during a war. That would mean distancing yourself from the scenario, it has to be some "normal" situation for you so that it feels more horrible and half the time the players are playing the other players characters. Meaning, that the "rapists" decide what they do to the "woman" physically and how the woman's body reacts (but not what she is feeling emotionally) and the "woman" decides how she and the "rapists" feel and think about the situation (but rules specifically forbid the woman from using this to make the rapists want to stop the rape.) ...Anyway, you can get the game free from rpgnet or other similar sites and it is awkward and bad time for everyone involved.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2015, 07:59:40 am »

I need another fist.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2015, 01:56:54 pm »
I was going to complain about the fact that the Knights are already more than powerful enough and that their codex isn't close to outdated, but then I realized that 40k isn't going in a direction I like as a whole anyway.
Who needs a signature?

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2015, 08:36:50 am »
(click to show/hide)

Am I the only one who does like the Kastellan-class robot?

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2015, 12:14:36 pm »
Well i won't need to buy a Magos since i picked up the Forgeworld Archmagos at Salute 2015. Think he will be useable, even if its with out the Abeyant.

Still hope FW put out some 40k rules for (some of?) the 30k Mechnicum stuff.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2015, 11:13:57 pm »
>Knight Gallant's Thunderstrike Gauntlet can hurl Tanks and Monstrous Creatures, forcing passengers to make a Emergency Disembarkation.

Aw yes.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:43:55 am by Second Coming of Madman »

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2015, 08:44:43 pm »
Been working on a Pathfinder homebrew feat.  Inspired by *cough* Orcs Must Die *cough* nothing in particular.

(click to show/hide)

Change Log:

5/26- Amended entry based on following advice from a fellow fa/tg/uy.

Why the shit is there a dex prereq? It should be Int 16, if anything. Also, what the hell is with that out of place +1? If you want a shitty bonus like that, take a couple of levels in fighter, and use the feats for weapon focus.

The spells seem fine.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:42:06 pm by Second Coming of Madman »

Offline BrandonL337

• Tyrannical Pervert Judge (MWAHAHAHA)
  • Apprentice
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2015, 10:35:12 pm »
Guess who's back, back again, yes I'm back, yes I'm back, back again. (is that how that song goes?)

So, does anyone here play X-Wing?  About to play a regional on Saturday, and I've only played a few games so far too.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2015, 10:57:58 pm »
Guess who's back, back again, yes I'm back, yes I'm back, back again. (is that how that song goes?)

So, does anyone here play X-Wing?  About to play a regional on Saturday, and I've only played a few games so far too.

Sounds interesting- a FFG-made skirmish-scale. Rebels use relatively few but durable ships with good pilots, and the Imperial swarm those motherfuckers with agile TIE fighters. You mess around with pilots and equipment, etc.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:59:49 pm by Second Coming of Madman »