Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 568182 times)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #945 on: May 08, 2012, 01:58:39 pm »
I'm part of a facebook group I don't participate in. I haven't gone to any meetups, because frankly, that's a lot of gas and money for events that usually boil down to, "Cake and watch and episode."

But, I'm spoiled and have a couple of fellow bronies to fan-gasm with, so meeting "others like me" isn't an issue.

Random topic: I'm uncomfortable with the term "pegasister." I liked the idea of having one term so as to be inclusive and not have "boys on this side, girls on that side, and you others can find a table somewhere else."

The use of "pegasister" obviously stems from the origin of the word brony coming from the term "bros." It also, however, references the birth place of the periphery demographic, in the bowels of the internet, /b/ channel of 4chan.org (b+pony). The term "brony" is only exclusive if one allows it to be. It boggles my mind, considering I've seen movements to drop terms such as "actress" and "stewardess" so as to put women on equal footing with men.

Perhaps, though, I'm overthinking. Perhaps this is merely a term some women like to rally around so as to intentionally differentiate, due to the male domination of the "bronies." I don't know. Just my thoughts, but as usual in cases like these, people can call themselves whatever they want. No skin off my nose, at the end of the day.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #946 on: May 08, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »
Personally, I don't even use "brony". I'm just a pony fan~
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline e13

• The Beast
« Reply #947 on: May 08, 2012, 11:45:04 pm »
Personally, I don't even use "brony". I'm just a pony fan~
I like having a term to differentiate from the target demographic. Those kids don't need to be lumped in with the likes of us.  :P

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #948 on: May 09, 2012, 01:00:32 am »
I thought "brony" was a gender-neutral term?? I prefer "brony" to "pegasister", I have no problem being on equal footing with the boys.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:02:45 am by nickiknack »

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #949 on: May 12, 2012, 01:04:54 pm »
It also, however, references the birth place of the periphery demographic, in the bowels of the internet, /b/ channel of 4chan.org (b+pony).

But it is channel /b/, not channel /br/. Though I suppose the phrase “hangin’ out with my fellow bonies” might result in a different sort of reaction… :)
-A Pen Name

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #950 on: May 12, 2012, 02:22:49 pm »
Well, the original nomenclature was /b/rony, so there you go.

Also, the lack of episodes is starting to get to me, even as a pre-reader (the really bad fic submissions we're getting are NOT helping), and I might have to have a pony marathon soon, at this rate.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #951 on: May 12, 2012, 02:27:38 pm »

Also, the lack of episodes is starting to get to me, even as a pre-reader (the really bad fic submissions we're getting are NOT helping), and I might have to have a pony marathon soon, at this rate.

I know, I'm kinda going nuts over here not having something to look forward to every weekend so that I can have something to watch.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #952 on: May 12, 2012, 05:37:42 pm »

I know, I'm kinda going nuts over here not having something to look forward to every weekend so that I can have something to watch.

I recommend Legend of Korra. But I hear that the planned seasons are running short, so I think there will be a gap between that and MLP season 3.
-A Pen Name

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #953 on: May 12, 2012, 06:10:41 pm »
The episode drought hasn't gotten to me yet. I'm so entrenched in Tumblr canon, I can go for months~
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #954 on: May 12, 2012, 08:25:08 pm »
The episode drought hasn't gotten to me yet. I'm so entrenched in Tumblr canon, I can go for months~

same thing here..  it keeps me sane during the Episode Drought.. *Twitch*  Mostly...

Offline e13

• The Beast
« Reply #955 on: May 13, 2012, 12:11:28 am »
I listen to the music of the show in my car every day. That's my favorite part of the series, anyway, so I'm good. Friendship is Witchcraft has some catchy tunes as well, and adding them to my increasing playlist has helped.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #956 on: May 13, 2012, 03:36:44 pm »
@ Plume:  specifically, Thiessen mentioned at Bronycon September that only the first 13 episodes would be mentioned.  The rest of season 3 is a mystery that Hasbro refuses to tell us.

Speaking of Tumblr... *goes to check if LMR has updated or not, even if he's getting weirded out by it finally*

Also, DAMN I wish we'd stop getting terrible fics.  Two seasons, with canon to back us up, and we're still getting 'Dash-loses-her-wings-and-gets-suicidal' as well as 'Twilight-fucks-up-a-spell' fics.  This is making me really want to make the moon cannon BIGGER.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #957 on: May 13, 2012, 05:13:11 pm »
How about "Twilight casts a spell and it succeeds" and "Twilight becomes an Alicorn" fics?  Are those at all common?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #958 on: May 13, 2012, 05:37:01 pm »
The former we've gotten with 'She succeeds TOO well' and something goes wrong, and the latter... yeah, we've gotten one or two a week for the last... six months? at least?

Formerly Priestling

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #959 on: May 13, 2012, 08:02:21 pm »
Are at least 10% of them good?  The Alicorn ones, I mean.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet