Author Topic: Ring ring ring ring ring ring Marco-Phones.  (Read 868 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Ring ring ring ring ring ring Marco-Phones.
« on: April 22, 2013, 02:15:49 pm »
I just don't know what to say...Conspiratards attacking there own. 

(Reuters) - In a sign of the tough politics facing Republican supporters of immigration reform, Senator Marco Rubio, a leading sponsor of the Senate immigration bill, came under fire from conservatives on Wednesday over a provision that could provide mobile phones to Americans living near the Mexican border.

Rubio, a Florida Republican seen as a potential contender for the 2016 presidential race, along with three other Republican senators and four Democratic senators hammered out the 844-page immigration bill that would create a path to citizenship for millions of undocumented workers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/18/us-usa-immigration-marcophones-idUSBRE93H01820130418

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Ring ring ring ring ring ring Marco-Phones.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:44:23 pm »
This is a great example of what the Breitbart and Jones and what the hell ever sites do to make money; find a catchy sounding tagline and just run with it all the way to the bank. "Marcophones" = lotsa site visits, lotsa advert money. They don't care who it hurts, even if it's one of their intended audiences' favored pundits, role models or politicians (unless it's somebody scary like the Kochs). It's just about drumming up an idiot storm and making money.

I don't like Marc Rubio, because I'm in FL, but this was a genuinely good idea, added to border security, and it sounds like those sat link phones would only be able to call 911, anyway. 
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:49:07 pm »
Would they still pitch a fit if it were Christie doing this?
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:59:51 pm »
They already drummed up a hate-on for Governor Christy after Hurricane Sandy just because he was man enough to

acknowledge and thank Obama for getting initial help and materials there quickly, so yeah. Besides, neither Rubio or Christy 

are the next pre-ordained prez picked by their puppet masters. See? I can do conspiralunacy, too! So easy  ;D
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.