Author Topic: Pills made of ground baby. What the hell?  (Read 7528 times)

Offline hiddenfunstuff

• Neonate
Re: Pills made of ground baby. What the hell?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2012, 12:44:49 am »
I can't imagine the thought process that led to this, but I guess someone did.
To that enterprising soul, I say 'What the fuck dude?'
To be honest, this doesn't surprise me much. People are fucking weird

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2012, 02:00:05 am »
The funny part is that the government or media usually tells everyone that this stuff won't work, but everyone just assumes it is propaganda. So everyone gets their information from rumours.

This is the kind of behavior you see in societies where people are so accustomed to being lied to by those in power that they no longer trust any sort of authority.

Don't be surprised if you start seeing this attitude on the rise in the USA.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Art Vandelay

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2012, 02:03:52 am »
The funny part is that the government or media usually tells everyone that this stuff won't work, but everyone just assumes it is propaganda. So everyone gets their information from rumours.

This is the kind of behavior you see in societies where people are so accustomed to being lied to by those in power that they no longer trust any sort of authority.

I think you may have South Korea confused with North Korea.

In any case though, I think it's more that the traditional (i.e. fucking useless and rather bad for the environment) medicine has been around for hundred of years and as such is firmly entrenched in their culture. Western, science-based medicine, on the other hand is not, and thus has a much harder time appealing to the more moronic elements of society.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2012, 02:08:57 am »

I don't think it is caused by the authorities lying to them as much as the communities believe the word of others more. While the leaders of just about any country lie through their teeth daily, the issue here is more a traditionalism problem. It has been passed down from father to son that ingesting dead baby and rhino horn will make you more virile. Now despite the fact that it has never worked before, people trust the people within their own community more than some external government or authority.

Although chances are that stuff like this actually does 'work' in that it triggers a placebo effect in the user.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2012, 11:34:46 am »
If there were not superbacteria in the pills, and if they worked, then no reason for me to be horrified.

I'll give you a third reason.

babies are "mostly" stillbirths and abortions.

Spoiler tagged for content. Warning dead baby jokes.
What's worse than a pile of dead babies?

(click to show/hide)

What's worse than that?

(click to show/hide)

Moar.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:49:14 pm by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2012, 02:48:48 pm »
"HOW WAS BABBY PILL FORMED?!"

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 08:46:39 am »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 07:14:49 pm »
"HOW IS BABBY PILL FORMED?!"
And the point of double-posting just to quote yourself was..?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2012, 07:57:52 pm »
Oh, so that's what happened.

I was wondering why, when I clicked on the new thing, I was brought to a post I had already read.  Wasn't paying too much attention to the quote box.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2012, 09:50:57 pm »
This picture brought to you y Free Republic(http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2882711/posts)

I TOTALLY CALLED IT!

I found some pictures of the pills in question. They're aren't graphic or gross, but I'll put it in a spoiler tag anyway.

(click to show/hide)

The creepy part here is that I've seen a lot of "stamina" pills that look similar sold at many gas stations. They're usually located next to the glass case containing "tobacco water-pipes".
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov