Author Topic: On the future of the forums  (Read 83935 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: On the future of the forums
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 07:54:51 pm »
The Fora of God-King Sigma!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SugarfreeJazz

• Will burn down your state with combustible lemons
  • Apprentice
  • I wish we were better strangers.
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 08:14:41 pm »
Twisted Knickers to celebrate fstdt's history and ultimate cause of death.
If you love someone set them free. If they come back, set them on fire.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 08:19:51 pm »
Man, and I was proud of my high post count consisting almost entirely of substantive posts.  :( Oh well, good time to get a new avatar.

Ok, thinking about a name, I'll get back to y'all on that in a bit. What about the chat? Will it be staying? Will that also get a new one also under the same name.

I call dibs on starting the new pony thread. Guess that also means I need to marathon read the old one. Also, anyone know of a way I could easily copy down the entirety of my old F&B thread for future purposes?

How long until the new forum gets put up and this one get's taken down?

This is a long shot, but is there any way we could transplant the older, important threads that are long running? I'm only saying this because I thought it might be possible since we're going to be using the same forum setup.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:21:24 pm by MadCatTLX »
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 08:24:04 pm »
Oh how about "Refuge from Butthurt Idiots".

Yes I'm officially bitter about this community having to move forum *again* because of admin temper tantrums.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 08:26:09 pm »
Sh*t Fundies Say, just to keep it ok for the kiddies.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 08:36:08 pm »
Yes I'm officially bitter about this community having to move forum *again* because of admin temper tantrums.

Here here.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 08:37:37 pm »
I'll be honest, I don't see why we have to completely start over again. If Distind doesn't want these forums to be associated with the fstdt name, wouldn't it make more sense to just rename the forums? I understand if the intent is to try to distance this new community from previous drama, but if the idea is to have all or most of the same people, chances are the same sorts of arguments either will or won't spring up regardless. I dunno, it seems to make more sense to me to rebrand the forums we already have than to lose all of this.

edit: I can haz grammar?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:53:16 pm by Randomwolf42 »

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2013, 08:47:31 pm »
Because Distind has made a decision!  SO IT SHALL STAND!

Honestly if we're separating the forums from the main page in it's entirety, just nuke the FSTDT discussion and remove the link from the main page.

Ironbite-not too hard to do.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 09:01:10 pm »
How about FiSTeD iT?

I wanted to retain the "Fundies" idea, because frankly it was around since looooong before Distind, & it nicely communicates what the site is about. I don't want names that rip off sites that are already pretty meh like "Wingnut Whine/White Whine," or generic quote archive names like "Shit People Say." The site is for a specific type of idiocy, & not constrained to the internet.

However, if we're no longer going to be connected to the archive, I guess we're no longer about that any more. Maybe "Formerly Fundie Forums"? Or "The Drama Llama Board."

Also, if Mira were here, I feel like she'd want me to suggest Fundierule Gaming.

Offline kiwimac

• Neonate
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 09:08:10 pm »
I guess my only concerns are that a: we don't lose the archived material and b: that Winace's vision of a place to lampoon the idiocy of various fundies is kept alive. Just my $1.50c worth.
Bread for myself is a material question; bread for my neighbor is a spiritual question." Nicolai Berdyaev

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 09:23:12 pm »
How about FiSTeD iT?
I think DoctorDoom has that one trademarked.

Offline notriddle

• Neonate
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 09:26:16 pm »
And I didn't even have time to get out of lurk mode! :'(

How about: Fundies And Liars Are Spewing Crap (FALASC)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 09:50:34 pm »
Why not something like: Ignorant Quotes. com

Short, simple, and pretty much covers any quote that comes through here, be they religious, political, or otherwise.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 09:51:46 pm »
Here's some stuff I got from the band name generator, with some notes in parenthesis.

From using the word "fundies/fundy" in the word input:
Fundy cannon
spinning fundies
fundy stank
Fundy boy and the seething science
Fundy boner
fundy filth
fundy commode
fundy plague and the chest (remove or replace all after "and")
besides fundies
Grotesque Fundies And The Trousers Reverend

Random names I thought suiting of note:
Stomping Mentor And The Online Insomnia
Dark Prospect
Neurosis Innocent (change to "incident")
Copious Of The Obvious (Copious Obviousness?)
Dust Of The Crew
Orderly Psychosis
Seventh Tragic (Change number to how many times the forums been fucked up and change tragic to tragedy.)
Student(s) Of The Serial Sinner
Goddess Of Regeneration (Change goddess to "community")
Fighting motor ("Eternal arguement engine" - partially inspired by a level from Sonic Adventure 2)

Random cool names of note:
Junkyard Exquisite
Uranium Guild
Molecular Fixture
Pathogen Receiver (New name for Hof?)
Armored Jesus

Stuff I stuck together from interesting words I got from the generator:
Clockwork Abortion?
Destructive Explicitness?
Institution Of The Eldritch?
Deranged Brain(s)?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline poeticmind0189

• Neonate
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 10:43:53 pm »
@John_in_Oz: Sorry, keeping FSTDT as a name is not a possibility. FSTDT will remain Distind's website (or, if he does choose to hand it over to someone else, that person's). We will be a separate community.

If you don't like 'shit', feel free to propose something else.
Its possible to pass the reigns to someone else do the right thing destind just hand the reigns over, instead of making everyone move. Who would that benefit? I know It wouldn't be of great benefit to me, B-Man, Eva, R.U. Sirius, Mad-Cat, night angel and the whole arena of people on this forum. I know it would benefit the one who doesn't want to be involved but that's about all I can think of. Is it possibly that you are afraid that in order to escape this whole thing you have to delete it to get on with your life and to not look back so to not have a temptation.