Author Topic: The "Human Barbie"  (Read 8218 times)

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
Re: The "Human Barbie"
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 08:09:21 am »
Two words: Uncanny Valley

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 10:50:02 am »
She'd be cute if she were a cartoon character but since she's a flesh-and-blood (more or less) living breathing woman, she's royally freaky instead.

Plus, she looks more like an animanga character than Barbie. It's like a Japanese cartoonist got bored and decided to create a homunculus.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 12:58:06 pm »
SHE WHO CHANNELS GUIDES US WITH HER PLASTIC GLORY!! CONVERT TO THE CULT OF MAH'TELL, FOR WE FOLLOW THE ANCIENT GOD, THE LORD OF ATLANTIS AND THE GREAT UNDERSEA MASTER!

ooh, Cthulu Saves The World reference.  Nice one, Random.

I hadn't actually heard of that; I just wanted a picture of Cthulhu facepalming at her lack of knowledge abuot dark undersea gods.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 06:16:59 pm »
SHE WHO CHANNELS GUIDES US WITH HER PLASTIC GLORY!! CONVERT TO THE CULT OF MAH'TELL, FOR WE FOLLOW THE ANCIENT GOD, THE LORD OF ATLANTIS AND THE GREAT UNDERSEA MASTER!

ooh, Cthulu Saves The World reference.  Nice one, Random.

I hadn't actually heard of that; I just wanted a picture of Cthulhu facepalming at her lack of knowledge abuot dark undersea gods.

It's a very silly, very fun game.  Sprite-based.  You can generally get the 2-pack of that and Breath of Death VII, made by the same guys, for about $3 on Steam.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 06:08:23 pm »
BEHOLD!

CUTE-THULHU!